Drugs Suppression Police - Ganga could be a legal drug in the future

rooster59

Ever wondered why why hemp, a cheap and sustainable plant was banned. Used for thousands of years to make cheap rope and clothing. Then came US petrochemical companies who needed to use up the excess oil based products that were higher priced than cheap hemp. So they banned all hemp growing around the world by use of the political, military and sanctions pressure. Banning the higher THC producing hemp was one of the tactics used to justify the bans. If you see some of the adverts they used during the 1930's to justify the bans you would laugh out loud and then be embarrassed that such foolish propaganda could be used and accepted. Hemp from China (no THC) is making a comeback, especially in the clothing industry. There are good medical uses for the THC type hemp. For the uses of non addictive pain relief is one for chronic pain sufferers. This is not a pro ganja smoking endorsement. But surely most rational people should see that many pharmacy prescribed drugs and cigarettes and alcohol are far more dangerous to society than THC marijuana. . 

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, HerbalEd said:

Responsible lives?? I actually know lots of people who've been regularly smoking pot for several to many decades, and they lead very successful and responsible lives, with good marriages and families, good jobs, and healthy lives. In fact, several of them are self-made millionaires who run very successful companies that employ hundreds of people. 

With all due respect, you really don't know what you're talking about, and it's obvious you really don't want to know.

Indeed

14 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

There is a reason that it is being decriminalized in many more countries than you think.

25 plus years ago it was on counters for free here at places only the septics stuffed that up buy saying no more drug funding , so they made it a problem did not stop the heroin that they both made tons of $ off, i mean saying it leads to harder stuff is the same as saying somebody like me who enjoys a few ales is gonna be stealing petrol from cars, FTW

Edited by 1sickpuppy
slightly pissed

14 hours ago, rkidlad said:

There's a lot of money to made from ganja.Maybe this is a big reason. Legalise it, tax it and let people enjoy it. If you think ganja is immoral, don't smoke it. Live your life, and enjoy being worm food like the rest of us when you die. 

I'd love to start my own ganja shop, but I feel that if it ever gets legalised here, it will only be CP, etc, who'll be the only 'moral' authorities allowed to produce and sell it. 

They will undoubtedly issue work permits to anybody and their brother that wants to come to Thailand and open a ganja shop. Because that's the exact type of farang Thailand should be trying to attract. 

They should add that prsopect to the "It's Thailand's Time" campaign on CNN.

1 minute ago, anotheruser said:

They will undoubtedly issue work permits to anybody and their brother that wants to come to Thailand and open a ganja shop. Because that's the exact type of farang Thailand should be trying to attract. 

No you cannot steal there jobs , they have been growing it longer than the falangs, same as beer chang Dah

3 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

Yes, that is an old one and debunked a million times.

http://www.overcomingbias.com/2009/12/what-anti-smoking-evidence.html

This article explains quite well how you have been mislead into believing those studies demonstrate that there is no link between ill health and smoking.  Quite amusingly some actually believe there is a conspiracy against smokers, I guess it never occured to them that there are so many people with a financial interest in misleading people into continuing to smoke, but none into quitting.

Ha! :biggrin:

Of course, the multi billion dollar NRT industry doesn't count, does it!

Nor does the incredibly well funded (to the tune of hundreds of millions) anti-smoking gravy train count, either, naturally.

And of course, the fact that the biggest three pharmaceutical industries went into 'partnership' with the WHO to finance their FCTC which rolled out worldwide smoking bans (sign the FCTC treaty or you will find our sister organisations, the IMF and World Bank less than helpful if and when you need them), thus paving the way for their hugely overpriced and useless nicotine patches and gums is just coincidental, no? Gosh, what a stroke of luck for them that their financing of the illiberal FCTC just happened to generate massive profits. No conspiracy there, I'm sure. The motivations of Big Pharma were purely altruistic, obviously.

Right, pull the other one. It's got bells on!

4 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

Why would anbody buy it when only a few seeds & water, what has this world come to shallow minds

2 minutes ago, 1sickpuppy said:

No you cannot steal there jobs , they have been growing it longer than the falangs, same as beer chang Dah

24 minutes ago, HerbalEd said:

Responsible lives?? I actually know lots of people who've been regularly smoking pot for several to many decades, and they lead very successful and responsible lives, with good marriages and families, good jobs, and healthy lives. In fact, several of them are self-made millionaires who run very successful companies that employ hundreds of people. 

With all due respect, you really don't know what you're talking about, and it's obvious you really don't want to know.

Rednecks again, sad really

Just now, 1sickpuppy said:

Why would anbody buy it when only a few seeds & water, what has this world come to shallow minds

I just make a post joking at the idea of them letting foreigners open up pot shops. They won't allow that for very obvious reasons. The Netherlands also didn't just allow anybody to open a coffee shop. You will undoubtedly need a license to grow it. So by all means grow as much as you want.

just don't be surprised if/ when you get arrested for doing so.

25 minutes ago, HerbalEd said:

Rednecks again getting bored no Klu Klux klan here

11 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

Good call. What does someone who knows about ganja think he's doing opening a ganja shop. Is he a local? 

A Thai person abroad opening a Thai restaurant? What do they know about Thai food? 

3 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

I just make a post joking at the idea of them letting foreigners open up pot shops. They won't allow that for very obvious reasons. The Netherlands also didn't just allow anybody to open a coffee shop. You will undoubtedly need a license to grow it. So by all means grow as much as you want.

just don't be surprised if/ when you get arrested for doing so.

Why would they let falangs do it anyway it is not a skilled trade like making alcohol just ask billy bob

Just now, rkidlad said:

Good call. What does someone who knows about ganja think he's doing opening a ganja shop. Is he a local? 

A Thai person abroad opening a Thai restaurant? What do they know about Thai food? 

Go ahead and open one if you want. looking forward to seeing your pic online with a handful of cops pointing at you. Maybe you can become a TV sponsor when you open that shop so all of us know where we can find your products.

1 hour ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Cannabis already is a legal drug.

I just went to the dispensary yesterday and legally purchased cannabis.  I have a doctor's recommendation and an ID card issued by the state allowing me to purchase cannabis for medical relief.

Please do go on about how sophisticated people are living in Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai and Phuket again? ?

i would like to go see your doc, had pain 30 plus years alcohol aint the answer just makes you fat & stupid

16 hours ago, Get Real said:

Yep! Just add a little bit more fire in the already hot and boiling pot. Actually insane!

That´s my opinion, and if possible maybe I can be overlooked by all the people in this forum that are positive to drugs. Just heard the stories before. There is a reason why it´s illigal in most countries.

Is TV your only source of news...? Maybe a few news papers would help....

13 hours ago, Get Real said:

Ok. Never mind, from now on I am accepting all legalisation of all drugs. My blinkers are now officially open. Forget all my previous posts. I know understand that there are a whole lot of people out there that wants this to be available to use whenever they want. Just continue the discussion among yourselfs please.

still showing a massive lack of understanding of the issues surrounding the topic. You assume that just because you do, everyone else is expressing a view purely from a selfish perspective.

1 hour ago, 1sickpuppy said:

Why would they let falangs do it anyway it is not a skilled trade like making alcohol just ask billy bob

Really? I obviously don't know hydroponics or Thai sticks even!

the US gave Thailand's marijuana growing industry a massive boost in the 60s during the VN war.

Hemp is still used to make clothing and other fabrics today. 

A Thai person can no more start a Thai restaurant than an Italian could make a pizza - you need to be a chef to do that.

4 minutes ago, Alan Deer said:

Really? I obviously don't know hydroponics or Thai sticks even!

the US gave Thailand's marijuana growing industry a massive boost in the 60s during the VN war.

Hemp is still used to make clothing and other fabrics today. 

A Thai person can no more start a Thai restaurant than an Italian could make a pizza - you need to be a chef to do that.

It doesn't take a lot of talent to grow that is why it is nick named weed. I don't mean that in a bad way. your average person if they had seeds could start growing on day one. All the info needed to do it is widely available online. 

Edited by anotheruser

18 hours ago, Get Real said:

Yep! Just add a little bit more fire in the already hot and boiling pot. Actually insane!

That´s my opinion, and if possible maybe I can be overlooked by all the people in this forum that are positive to drugs. Just heard the stories before. There is a reason why it´s illigal in most countries.

Oh, isn't this just a great case of government sponsored brainwashing! And it works too!

There is NO documented case of death caused by marijuana overdose.

Would you like to see the figures for the deaths due to overdose of legal drugs, like alcohol or tobacco?

It should be legal, it will eventually be legal. In my opinion the criminalization of pot has done way more damage than has ever been caused by the drug itself. I do not use this drug because it is illegal, my drug of choice is single barrel Kentucky bourbon.

7 hours ago, anotheruser said:

It doesn't take a lot of talent to grow that is why it is nick named weed. I don't mean that in a bad way. your average person if they had seeds could start growing on day one. All the info needed to do it is widely available online. 

Like alcohol it is easy to produce a basic substance (e.g cider) but the growing of high quality produce is a skilled craft, as any gardener or farmer  will tell you.....and that is not why it's called weed.......it is a relatively new word for marijuana that reflects the hardy and ubiquitous nature of the plant but it has high value - like most slang connected with illegal activity the word is a humorous one designed to maintain a certain degree of anonymity to the actual substance inferring to anyone listening who is not in the know that it is just something worthless and without consequence.

one of the reason's that marijuana is still illegal in so many countries is that the users simply don't put forward an accurate or convincing argument based on facts as to why it should be legal - I guess they're too stoned to do so!

Edited by Alan Deer

On 2/11/2017 at 8:50 AM, Get Real said:

As usual the drug supporters are flocking like teenagers that want to belong to the popular crowd, so I just had to hear the stories once again.

And the answer is always a big NO! Just not going to be a discussion from my side on this. IMO there is already a load of things that are legal drugs. They are already creating enough problem in this world.
I also know that many are going to say that this is not stopped by keeping them illegal. Sure, can be true, but it´s better that they stay that way due to that some people still feel afraid of using them.

That was the end of the story from my part, and as long as nobody has any facts that contradict my statement it´s just going to be useless talks from people that wants to use the things that are considered illegal today, just for getting a small buzz. It´s just time to grow up and live a responsible life.

Not a smoker. Never have been. But it should be legalized for recreational use and it will be as more States in the USA do so and more countries around the globe. At least decriminalized. Penalties are way to severe for the "crime", for lack of a better term.

I agree that people need to be responsible. Personal responsibility should be first and foremost. So take care, practice what you speak...

...Nanny will be there to tuck you in soon :smile:

so you have to resort to comments like that when all I am simply saying is that it is very very very likely they are not going to let you sell weed? How did you react when somebody told you Santa Claus isn't real?

Hold the phone! Santa Claus isn't real? Then who the hell is feeding Rudolf ?

10 hours ago, nisakiman said:

Ha! :biggrin:

Of course, the multi billion dollar NRT industry doesn't count, does it!

Nor does the incredibly well funded (to the tune of hundreds of millions) anti-smoking gravy train count, either, naturally.

And of course, the fact that the biggest three pharmaceutical industries went into 'partnership' with the WHO to finance their FCTC which rolled out worldwide smoking bans (sign the FCTC treaty or you will find our sister organisations, the IMF and World Bank less than helpful if and when you need them), thus paving the way for their hugely overpriced and useless nicotine patches and gums is just coincidental, no? Gosh, what a stroke of luck for them that their financing of the illiberal FCTC just happened to generate massive profits. No conspiracy there, I'm sure. The motivations of Big Pharma were purely altruistic, obviously.

Right, pull the other one. It's got bells on!

Seems legit seeing as the biggest criticism of the FCTC has been their failure to accept the benefit of using products to help quit smoking, they are well known for their opposition to less harmful nicotine-containing products, instead only hold on to their "quit or die" policy.

But OK, you believe in your little conspiracy theory if you like, it's not like you could have been mislead by big tobacco at all, no of course not, the evil ones are the ones trying to get people to stop smoking, right?

1 hour ago, thai3 said:

Lots of old drug users on here obvioulsy

Yes - mostly alcoholics judging by the lack of understanding of the issues...they are always in denial.

but seriously, what a facile comment; what do you actually imply by using the term "drug users" or are you suggesting that unless you smoke port you wouldn't know the facts?

Edited by Alan Deer

Never said that alcohol is not bad. Just said that there is no need for more drugs to be lagalized. Still standing my gruond, and I am not drunk.

Regarding moronic and ignorance. What is most filled with that. Not wanting more legalized drugs, or wanting it? We all know that all drugs combined are contributing to more criminal activities, due to that most of the drugs existing weaken a persons senses, view on reality and tearing down the walls of morality.

Not been living in a cave, and not reached the age of 65 yet.

Ok - as weed is safer than alcohol, would you support alcohol being criminalized at the same time weed is made legal?

Weed does not cause domestic violence as booze does. Weed does not cause as many mental or physical issues.

So ban booze and replace with weed is ok, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk