U.S. elections official asks Trump for evidence of voter fraud

rooster59

U.S. elections official asks Trump for evidence of voter fraud

640x640 (5).jpg

U.S. President Donald Trump listens to a translation during a joint news conference with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe at the White House in Washington, U.S., February 10, 2017. REUTERS/Joshua Roberts

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A member of the Federal Election Commission on Friday called on President Donald Trump to share any evidence he has to support a statement that voter fraud caused him and former Senator Kelly Ayotte to lose in New Hampshire in the 2016 U.S. election.

“The scheme the President of the United States alleges would constitute thousands of felony criminal offenses under New Hampshire law,” FEC Commissioner Ellen Weintraub said in a statement. (http://bit.ly/2lAnk7t)

Trump blamed voter fraud for his and Ayotte's losses in New Hampshire in November's election while speaking on Thursday with a bipartisan group of U.S. senators, saying that Ayotte's re-election bid was spoiled by "thousands" of people from neighboring Massachusetts voting in New Hampshire, according to media reports.

Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton narrowly won New Hampshire’s four electoral votes by nearly 3,000 votes, while Ayotte, a Republican like Trump, lost by only 743 votes.

Weintraub, who was appointed by former Republican President George W. Bush, asked Trump to "immediately share his evidence with the public and with the appropriate law-enforcement authorities so that his allegations may be investigated promptly and thoroughly."

Trump said on Sunday he would put Vice President Mike Pence in charge of a special commission to investigate voter fraud, despite numerous studies showing that such fraud is rare in the United States.

Trump has said that fraud may account for his loss nationwide in the popular vote to Clinton by nearly 3 million votes.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-02-11

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has routinely been shown to be a lie by Trump.  He's demented to keep this up.

http://www.politifact.com/california/article/2017/jan/27/still-burning-trumps-claim-about-serious-voter-fra/

Still Burning: Trump’s claim of ‘serious voter fraud’ in Calif. remains Pants On Fire

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/jan/25/sean-spicer/sean-spicer-wrongly-uses-pew-study-bolster-claim-n/

Sean Spicer wrongly uses Pew study to bolster claim that non-citizens vote in large numbers

http://www.politifact.com/new-hampshire/statements/2016/nov/28/donald-trump/trump-claims-serious-voter-fraud-new-hampshire/

Trump claims 'serious voter fraud' in New Hampshire

Those in charge of overseeing New Hampshire’s elections and investigating election complaints said any instances of voter fraud in the state have historically been extremely rare. The most recent election was no exception, with no complaints of voter fraud filed in an election in which more than 728,000 ballots were cast.

It’s a reckless claim with zero evidence.

We rate the claim Pants on Fire.  

He's undermining the very foundation of our democracy.  It's time he's shown the door.

Trump's claim of voter fraud goes to the heart of America's election system that is administered by each state under the auspices of the State Governor. A majority of the States has a Republican governor.

http://www.democratichub.com/republican-governors?o=pv

That means that Trump's claim finds fault with those governors. I don't expect those governors will embrace Trump's unsupported claim and may be motivated towards their next election to vigorously defend their administration of elections in their states. This distraction within the Republican Party which Trump needs for his legislative agenda will further serve to distract Congress from more important issues that need to be addressed. More government chaos. For Bannon - mission accomplished.

4 hours ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Dr Jessy Richmond, old Dominion Univ  6% of voters in recent survey admitttd to not being US citizens.  800000 votes for Hilery. 

Read this before on news ?

probably not. Why not?  

Strange huh?

Maybe not as strange as you've supposed…. :whistling:

1/26/2017 

ODU professor wants President Trump to stop citing, misquoting his research

NORFOLK, Va. - Jesse Richman, an associate professor of Political Science at Old Dominion University, has a message for President Donald Trump and his administration.

"I wish he'd stop citing my research, frankly," he said.

This comes following the president's latest claims that non-citizens voting at the polls could have influenced the outcome of November's popular vote when nearly 3 million more people cast a ballot for Hillary Clinton.

http://wtkr.com/2017/01/26/odu-professor-wants-president-trump-to-stop-misquoting-research/

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy.

28 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Dr Jessy Richmond, old Dominion Univ  6% of voters in recent survey admitttd to not being US citizens.  800000 votes for Hilery. 

probably not. Why not?  

Strange huh?

Um, where did you read it if not in "the news?"  I just googled it and found it here:  http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/26/hillary-clinton-received-800000-votes-from-nonciti/  Quite whining.  

12 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

Um, where did you read it if not in "the news?"  I just googled it and found it here:  http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/26/hillary-clinton-received-800000-votes-from-nonciti/  Quite whining.  

Dr Jesse Richmans track record vis a vis methodology and results also leaves a lot to be desired. 

2014:

What Other Academics Think Of The Questionable Study On Non ...

"Jessie Richman and David Earnest, two authors of the study, admitted that their "extrapolation to specific state-level or district-level election outcomes is fraught with substantial uncertainty." The authors noted that the non-citizen sample they examined was "modest" and relied on self-reporting, which can create errors, and attempts to verify the accuracy of the self-reporting was imperfect and supplemented by estimates."

Edited by Enoon

3 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Dr Jesse Richmans track record vis a vis methodology and results also leaves a lot to be desired. 

2014:

What Other Academics Think Of The Questionable Study On Non ...

"Jessie Richman and David Earnest, two authors of the study, admitted that their "extrapolation to specific state-level or district-level election outcomes is fraught with substantial uncertainty." The authors noted that the non-citizen sample they examined was "modest" and relied on self-reporting, which can create errors, and attempts to verify the accuracy of the self-reporting was imperfect and supplemented by estimates."

He doesn't even claim his report says what Trumpsters are claiming either.  The whole thing is BS

3 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

This has routinely been shown to be a lie by Trump. 

I dispute the point he is cognitively aware of what constitutes a 'lie', further what is a fact, or even an alternate fact or a truth. 

It is just his voice at the time of saying. Everything else is remedial.

7 minutes ago, optad said:

I dispute the point he is cognitively aware of what constitutes a 'lie', further what is a fact, or even an alternate fact or a truth. 

He knows sure enough:

trump.jpg

15 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

I've researched this in the past and posted a link a few times. It's false. Trump, or rather his ghostwriter, never wrote this.

Dont know what is more frightening. Liberals who lie or liberals who think they know the truth. Anyway it's going to be a long eight years for them(unless they moved to Canada - ops another untruth. )

http://www.snopes.com/donald-trump-lie-truth/

Just now, funandsuninbangkok said:

Dont know what is more frightening. Liberals who lie or liberals who think they know the truth. Anyway it's going to be a long eight years for them(unless they moved to Canada - ops another untruth. )

http://www.snopes.com/donald-trump-lie-truth/

On the other hand, numerous creators of fake news websites - who are only in it for the  money - say they repeatedly try to make sites and manufacture fake news  that appeals to progressives but fail. This particular falsehood is one of the rare instances that can be found.

1 hour ago, optad said:

If he is not aware he is lying, then he is mentally unstable. 

1 hour ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

probably not. Why not?  

Strange huh?

I read the report you are referring to. The study is of the election results from the 2008 election, NOT 2016 (http://ww2.odu.edu/~jrichman/NonCitizenVote.pdf). Also, from the study's "Conclusions": 

"However, our results also support the arguments made by voting and immigrant rights organizations that the portion of non-citizen immigrants who participate in U.S. elections is quite small. Indeed, given the extraordinary efforts made by the Obama and McCain campaigns to mobilize voters in 2008, the relatively small portion of non-citizens who voted in 2008 likely exceeded the portion of non-citizens voting in other recent U.S. elections."

Additionally, the BS figure you're using of 800,000 is derived by an unwarranted abstraction from the figures quoted from the highly criticized and statistically flawed sample they used to compile the results. Nice try, though, Sparky. Next time, research what you read on your conservative BS websites before trying to pass it off as "factual".

1 hour ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Media fanatically ready to discredit real news. Read the study yourself. 

20% of illegals are registered to vote. Elections in North Carolina and Minnesota suspected of being effected. 

http://www.judicialwatch.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Do-Non-Citizens-Vote-in-US-Elections-Richman-et-al.pdf

you and main media said no reports of voter fraud. Not true. Here is one. 

So, seriously, bro, you think illegal immigrants, who are trying to keep a low profile and are living in constant fear of being deported, are going to risk being caught just so they can vote? Especially when you consider that 93 million Americans who were eligible to vote didn't vote? Would you take that risk if you were an illegal immigrant? Can we set aside the partisan arguments for just a second, and just use some common sense here, if but for the love of God and country?

Edited by Gecko123

31 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

So, seriously, bro, you think illegal immigrants, who are trying to keep a low profile and are living in constant fear of being deported, are going to risk being caught just so they can vote? Especially when you consider that 93 million Americans who were eligible to vote didn't vote? Would you take that risk if you were an illegal immigrant? Can we set aside the partisan arguments for just a second, and just use some common sense here, if but for the love of God and country?

You clearly don't understand that George Soros is paying them fabulous sums to cast their illegitimate votes.

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

When you call me bro you sound illiterate. I am not your bro. I am your political opponent.

You believe the myth(or don't and pretend to) propagated purposely by a desperate Democrat party that there is no voter fraud. 

There are many, many findings of fraud. Democrats profit from them. Trump will end this nonsense and put punks like them(and you?) in jail  

another non report from Philly

https://www.lifezette.com/polizette/illegal-voters-uncovered-philly-just-tip-iceberg/

An inflammatory post has been removed. Posts in violation of fair use policy have been edited or removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

57 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

When you call me bro you sound illiterate. I am not your bro. I am your political opponent.

You believe the myth(or don't and pretend to) propagated purposely by a desperate Democrat party that there is no voter fraud. 

There are many, many findings of fraud. Democrats profit from them. Trump will end this nonsense and put punks like them(and you?) in jail  

another non report from Philly

https://www.lifezette.com/polizette/illegal-voters-uncovered-philly-just-tip-iceberg/

Look bro, there is no voter fraud and anyone that says there is a racist, xenophobe, homophobe, misogynist, zionist, antisemite, sexist and a hater.

Clear?

Look bro, there is no voter fraud and anyone that says there is a racist, xenophobe, homophobe, misogynist, zionist, antisemite, sexist and a hater.

Clear?

I'm sure there is voter fraud, but very, very limited. If you have a reliable source indicating otherwise I'd be happy to change my view. And Trump is not a reliable source.

sent using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I'm sure there is voter fraud, but very, very limited. If you have a reliable source indicating otherwise I'd be happy to change my view. And Trump is not a reliable source.

sent using Tapatalk

We both know there are no sources you would accept as reliable.

So you say there is, but very, very limited. Got  a number or a source?

So there are no reliable sources, better to stop claiming there is a significant fraud. In contrast, there are reliable sources there is limited fraud.

sent using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, mogandave said:

How about from some states that were entirely Republican controlled and did large and expensive investigations of voter fraud. They found virtually nothing.