• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 51

Bangkok Suffers Severe Smog as PM2.5 Levels Soar Amidst Heat Wave

2. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

3. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

4. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

5. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

6. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

7. 563

White Culture

8. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

9. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

10. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

11. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

12. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

13. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

14. 125

Trump chickens out again.

Phuket masseuse says wrongly convicted of theft, seeks help from Court of Appeal

Jonathan Fairfield

Phuket masseuse says wrongly convicted of theft, seeks help from Court of Appeal
Eakkapop Thongtub

1486787338_1-org.jpg

PHUKET: A 32-year-old Thai woman from Ratchaburi province who has received a 10-year sentence for theft from Trang Provincial Court is seeking assistance from the Region 8 Court of Appeal in Phuket as she says she has been wrongly convicted in the case.

At around midday yesterday (Feb 10), Ms Phawitra Konggompon, 32, who currently works at a spa in Karon, visited the Region 8 Court of Appeal to hand over documents which she says prove she has been wrongly convicted of theft in a case dating back to 2011.

A representative of the court, Mr Chayathip Chitluag, received the documents on the court’s behalf.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-masseuse-says-wrongly-convicted-of-theft-seeks-help-from-court-of-appeal-60994.php#evf0OY7C7cuxdOPq.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-02-11

Sadly this about sums up the justice system in Thailand where the police either do nothing or do something if they are paid for it together with courts that ..... well we can't say anything about these provincial courts of course as the law certainly does a great job of preventing criticism. I hope the Appeal court in Phuket can provide justice for this woman but little cheer since I am very certain she is one of thousands of innocent victims of the justice system here.

4 hours ago, greenchair said:

Another case of police dodgy measures to secure a conviction even when they know people are innocent. When are they going to make harsher laws to police and prosecutors for framing innocent people? ??

She hasn't been proven innocent yet, has she?  The Appeal Court will decide that.

11 hours ago, gdgbb said:

She hasn't been proven innocent yet, has she?  The Appeal Court will decide that.

The Thais are just not clever enough to come up with a story like hers. As an innocent person myself that has been bullied through a thai court, with full experience of police adding false information, prosecutors helping to fake evidence and evidence of my innocence mysteriously disappearing , I am well aware of the tricks these characters come up with and have no understanding of why they do it. Just her sentence of 10 years for theft is a shocker, when a rapist gets 5 years. I understand the costs of lawyers and the court appointed lawyers just sit there and do nothing. Their goal is to finish the case as soon as possible so they can move on to the next check. She might not win the appeal, but I believe her 100 percent. Poor girl. 

6 hours ago, greenchair said:

The Thais are just not clever enough to come up with a story like hers.  She might not win the appeal, but I believe her 100 percent. Poor girl. 

"...Thais are just not clever enough..."

What?  Why such a slur against Thai population?  

I was not suggesting that she isn't innocent but what you believe about her case means nothing as it is just your gut instinct with no foundation apart from what you have read here.

8 hours ago, gdgbb said:

"...Thais are just not clever enough..."

What?  Why such a slur against Thai population?  

I was not suggesting that she isn't innocent but what you believe about her case means nothing as it is just your gut instinct with no foundation apart from what you have read here.

Whatever. 

On 2/11/2017 at 8:12 PM, gdgbb said:

Well actually I was wondering if the prosecutor has proven her guilty beyond a reasonable doubt? You know the old saying, "innocent until proven guilty". Of course we all know that in this country, although the law does state one is "innocent until proven guilty," it doesn't matter at all whether guilt is proven, it's up to the Triumvirate, the three holding power, the cops, prosecutor and judges. They do what they want!

Edited by 300sd

4 hours ago, 300sd said:

Well actually I was wondering if the prosecutor has proven her guilty beyond a reasonable doubt? You know the old saying, "innocent until proven guilty".

The Appeal Court is going to decide that.

6 hours ago, gdgbb said:

The Appeal Court is going to decide that.

Well what is the use of the First Court then? Let me answer that for you. They are useless. They operate under the Junta, they have young inexperienced judges that can not make an intelligent decision. They don't listen to reason, don't listen to witnesses, only the police! Then they give ridiculous sentences to many innocent people. They ruin entire families because of these poor decisions.

Try going through that system sometime if you think different!

2 hours ago, 300sd said:

Well what is the use of the First Court then? Let me answer that for you. They are useless. They operate under the Junta, they have young inexperienced judges that can not make an intelligent decision. They don't listen to reason, don't listen to witnesses, only the police! Then they give ridiculous sentences to many innocent people. They ruin entire families because of these poor decisions.

Try going through that system sometime if you think different!

The judge( in my case )said in his ruling , and I quote: even though there is no evidence and no witness the court must believe the government official, because the government official is a trusted expert and has no reason to lie. 

That's right they ruin families and destroy lives.  

Guilty walk into court and walk out innocent.

Innocent walk into court and go to prison guilty.

The antics officials get up to, to win are unbelievable.  

3 hours ago, 300sd said:

Well what is the use of the First Court then?

You don't need to answer that for me but ask yourself why every country in the world has Appeal Courts then ask yourself your own question again.

Have you been through the court system as an innocent person? ?

The prosecutor, the judge and the appeal judge all eat lunch together. 

As it happens I have been through the courts system here but that is as irrelevant as your unfounded assertion about certain parties eating arrangements.

16 hours ago, gdgbb said:

As it happens I have been through the courts system here but that is as irrelevant as your unfounded assertion about certain parties eating arrangements.

My question was. .. have you been through the system as an innocent person convicted of a crime that you did not commit and been found guilty by some silly analogy? 

And how do you know my comment is unfounded. 

You don't know which court I was at. You don't know the things I have seen. 

My question was. .. have you been through the system as an innocent person convicted of a crime that you did not commit and been found guilty by some silly analogy? 

And how do you know my comment is unfounded. 

You don't know which court I was at. You don't know the things I have seen. 

Your unfounded suggestion was, that because certain parties are familiar with one another they must all be corrupt and prone to, in the main, convicting innocent people.  You made a generalised comment, you didn't state that it was only applicable to your case and your generalised comment was unfounded.

14 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

Your unfounded suggestion was, that because certain parties are familiar with one another they must all be corrupt and prone to, in the main, convicting innocent people.  You made a generalised comment, you didn't state that it was only applicable to your case and your generalised comment was unfounded.

I didn't say any or suggest any of the above. Stop trying to  bait me into breaking computer crime act.

Troll  

gdgbb replied to Jonathan Fairfield's topic in Phuket News

Your unfounded suggestion was, that because certain parties are familiar with one another they must all be corrupt and prone to, in the main, convicting innocent people. You made a generalised comment, you didn't state that it was only applicable to your case and your generalised comment was unfounded.
2 hours ago, greenchair said:

I didn't say any or suggest any of the above. Stop trying to  bait me into breaking computer crime act.

Troll  

Well said Greenchair.  You've spotted a full-time troll with no life beyond the keyboard.

Just read comment-history.......does lots of baiting, lots of silly questions, LOTS of conflict, no intelligent comments, maybe borderline IQ.  Have BLOCKED this joker from everything I see (clicked Ignore user)  :) :)

Edited by SparklingCascades

7 hours ago, greenchair said:

"I didn't say any or suggest any of the above..."

Yes, you did suggest it.

"Stop trying to  bait me into breaking computer crime act."

I'm responding to what you posted, if you see it as "baiting you into breaking the Computer Crime Act" then you need to be able to read and comprehend what you and I wrote a lot better.

5 hours ago, SparklingCascades said:

Well said Greenchair.  You've spotted a full-time troll with no life beyond the keyboard.

Just read comment-history.......does lots of baiting, lots of silly questions, LOTS of conflict, no intelligent comments, maybe borderline IQ.  Have BLOCKED this joker from everything I see (clicked Ignore user)  :) :)

I suppose you thought that I should be concerned about your block but, strangely, I'm not.

Edited by gdgbb

20 hours ago, SparklingCascades said:

gdgbb replied to Jonathan Fairfield's topic in Phuket News

Your unfounded suggestion was, that because certain parties are familiar with one another they must all be corrupt and prone to, in the main, convicting innocent people. You made a generalised comment, you didn't state that it was only applicable to your case and your generalised comment was unfounded.

I see I am not the only victim to this dangerous person. I shall take your advice and ignore.  

On 12/02/2017 at 0:24 AM, greenchair said:

The Thais are just not clever enough to come up with a story like hers. As an innocent person myself that has been bullied through a thai court, with full experience of police adding false information, prosecutors helping to fake evidence and evidence of my innocence mysteriously disappearing , I am well aware of the tricks these characters come up with and have no understanding of why they do it. Just her sentence of 10 years for theft is a shocker, when a rapist gets 5 years. I understand the costs of lawyers and the court appointed lawyers just sit there and do nothing. Their goal is to finish the case as soon as possible so they can move on to the next check. She might not win the appeal, but I believe her 100 percent. Poor girl. 

So I am not the only one who thinks like this, hope your lawyer did not do what some do and that is take the cash and sell the defence docs to the otherside. They stretch the case out as long as they can so it costs you big money, They tell your lawyer to tell you to plead guilty as they have all the evidence, people phone in the middle of the night and say you may have an accident if you do not pay compensation. They falsify docs, but when caught out docs grow legs and walk. They use the CCL to shut you up, (No}

No, none of this happens here, just fairy stories only.

Bl>>dy True Ones

1 hour ago, wakeupplease said:

So I am not the only one who thinks like this, hope your lawyer did not do what some do and that is take the cash and sell the defence docs to the otherside. They stretch the case out as long as they can so it costs you big money, They tell your lawyer to tell you to plead guilty as they have all the evidence, people phone in the middle of the night and say you may have an accident if you do not pay compensation. They falsify docs, but when caught out docs grow legs and walk. They use the CCL to shut you up, (No}

No, none of this happens here, just fairy stories only.

Bl>>dy True Ones

The police call my lawyer and have discussions about my case. 

My lawyer sees nothing wrong with that. 

And what about in the court, when the lawyer changes sides in front of the judge and you are left to defend yourself against the prosecutor, the lawyer and the judge. Quite frankly I would grateful to find a lawyer that does not change sides, but so far have not had success.