Backpackers - can't live with them, can't kill them

mamborobert

4 hours ago, yimlitnoy said:

How people can forget that they were once young?

Backpackers are mostly decent young students travelling and learning the world on a budget and many of them will be our next leaders.  Justin Trudeau, the present Prime minister of Canada, came here when he was 18, also Margaret Trudeau before him travelled to Thailand.  I have seen both by coincidence.

I am certain that when he is meeting with Thailand representatives, all is experience of Thailand is coming back and Thailand has generally a special place in their heart.  Who only wants old grumpy rich tourists?

LOL...well obviously you were a rude vulgar lowlife POS as are these fudge packers.since you're a canadian...which are the biggest whiners .

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Catoni said:

Yeah... Jihadi Justin Trudeau backpacked the world and went to Thailand and lots of other countries when he was in his late teens and early twenties...    Daddy's millions payed it for him.  He became a weed smoking part time high school drama teacher... and now runs Canada like it's his personal property. 

And his weed smoking mother who screwed around with Mick Jagger and maybe screwed Fidel Castro of Cuba, travelled to India and Thailand in the hippy days...  (if you compare pictures of a younger Castro with Justin Trudeau and put a beard on Justin Trudeau.... there is a striking resemblance to Castro. Funny thing is...  he was born round nine months after Margarets trip to Cuba and her meeting with Castro.)

Wonderful people....  5555555

What a load of rubbish post.

* Thai family of 6 on a Honda Wave.

* 25 Myanmar workers packed like sardines in the back bed of an old Toyota Hilux single cab.

* Thais hanging off the back of ram-cram full songtaws on the Lamphun-Chiang Mai road???

What is it with this picture that Thais find odd???

1 hour ago, Deepinthailand said:

What is it can't you stand people enjoying themselves now. Have you got that old and bitter that you have forgotten how to and how you did enjoy yourself. Lighten up if you don't like people ignore them. Don't get so wound up you'll have have a heart attack.

hey moron...go over to CM ..zoe in yellow on a sat. 'bout midnite...you'll see backpackers ,, skanky girls on thier knees puking in the gutter, drunk punk azz cowards  of ''young people'' drunk , doped up, looking for fights from people passing by blocking traffic harassing elder tourists and expats., defacing property..etc..etc..etc...in other words your kind of folks...ahol

19 hours ago, elliss said:

Backpacker scroungers , living on sweet F/A .. 

People  Thai  prefer spenders ,  aka   sex tourist , good for the  thai economy .

Actually , i only came to LOS   for affordable  sex.  

Of , course , there are the  righteous brigade , who came to LOS , for ??

....ahhh, just venturing a guess.....missionary sex?  :whistling:

2 minutes ago, DKNY77 said:

hey moron...go over to CM ..zoe in yellow on a sat. 'bout midnite...you'll see backpackers ,, skanky girls on thier knees puking in the gutter, drunk punk azz cowards  of ''young people'' drunk , doped up, looking for fights from people passing by blocking traffic harassing elder tourists and expats., defacing property..etc..etc..etc...in other words your kind of folks...ahol

Are you drunk  or just illiterate?

19 hours ago, elektrified said:

There has been a whole series of photos like these posted on the police line account over the last 6 weeks. I believe they arrested one girl who was trying to get on top of the songtaew before it approached some bridge somewhere.

There is a police line???  I need to start sending them my dash cam videos of some of the more totally insane driving I see on a daily basis. 

"Those are Thais driving.  The police don't care."

Nevermind! 

4 hours ago, moe666 said:

Hate to disappoint you but it was the GIs on RandR  who put Thailand on the map and many come back to visit or live here. 

Yep!  Indo-China was a little too hot for the back-packing crowd when the French and then the Yanks came to town in uniform. 

5 hours ago, yimlitnoy said:

Backpackers are mostly decent young students travelling and learning the world on a budget and many of them will be our next leaders.  Justin Trudeau, the present Prime minister of Canada, came here when he was 18, also Margaret Trudeau before him travelled to Thailand.  I have seen both by coincidence.

I am certain that when he is meeting with Thailand representatives, all is experience of Thailand is coming back and Thailand has generally a special place in their heart.  Who only wants old grumpy rich tourists? As far as the grumpy part goes we are not all perfect. 

Who only wants old grumpy rich tourists? Answer poor young luscious curvaceous salacious  Thai girls looking for a hand up in Thailand. At least that's what my eyes are telling me whenever I am out and about and see them yes clinging to old grumpy rich tourists. As far as the grumpy part goes we are not all perfect. 

4 hours ago, Catoni said:

It's not just foreign backpackers riding songtheaws like that.  I've seen Thais riding like that also.. as many as three hanging off the back of a yellow songthaew I was in, going north from Chiang Mai to Chiang Dao. The inside was packed with them even crunched up on the floor between the packed benches

And I've even seen them on the roof of the songtheaw going down Huay Kaew Road in Chiang Mai...    Not unusual to see. It ain't just western backpackers...

I believe the correct name for this riding style is "going to school" or even "returning home!"

1 hour ago, DKNY77 said:

Hey I don't know you and for that I'm thankful. You have no idea who I am again thank god. But why do you have to start with an insult sort of tells me everything I need to know about yourself. I guess you was born a grumpy old man and never did anything wrong in your younger older days. But why do you go there if you don't like them?

2 hours ago, connda said:

* Thai family of 6 on a Honda Wave.

* 25 Myanmar workers packed like sardines in the back bed of an old Toyota Hilux single cab.

* Thais hanging off the back of ram-cram full songtaws on the Lamphun-Chiang Mai road???

What is it with this picture that Thais find odd???

Seems you're one of the only people who get it.

What a stupid thread.

5 hours ago, Penefattore said:

what a whale...I'm surprised the songteo does not rear up 

Yep ,  with that fat arse  female farang , 80 kg  and aged mid twenties  on the arse end  of the tuk , defies the laws of gravity . Newton would be amazed . 

That  is why i live in LOS ,  under  45 kg ,  age under  30 .   Happy  old  timer . 555

But, but, Trudeau SMOKED WEED like G.W. Bush, Clinton, Obama, and nearly all the presidential candidates.

It is now 2017, Catoni. 

And "he never met a payroll" like drumpf - if you call going bankrupt and refusing to pay your contractors, meeting a payroll. 

Who was not a traveller when younger,must be those that are

complaining today,whenever I went on the road,it was not with

a 100 kg backpack,sleeping bag and change of clothes was all

you needed,some of these backpackers must have the kitchen sink

in their packs.

regards worgeordie

22 hours ago, yimlitnoy said:

I am certain that when he is meeting with Thailand representatives, all is experience of Thailand is coming back and Thailand has generally a special place in their heart.  Who only wants old grumpy rich tourists?

Rich tourists, whatever their age are rarely grumpy.

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

in their packs.

regards worgeordie

I disagree.  Even back when I was on the hippy trail there were those who traveled smart and those who didn't.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2017 at 1:26 AM, Cats4ever said:

I doubt the GIs went to Phuket as a largely deserted island in the early 70s or many other out of the way places that are now firmly on the map. There is rarely absolute truth, many factors combined to put various countries and areas on the map, bacpackers were important in many of them.

How about the mid 1950's?  They worked in Thailand.  Some traveled to Phuket from as far away as Udon Thanii and back on trains.  

Some of those guys are in their 70's into mid 80's now and have complaints of how it ain't what it used to be, before the tourists found it!

Army Security Agency was in many places in Thailand long before your average tourist of today.  

8 hours ago, radiochaser said:

How about the mid 1950's?  They worked in Thailand.  Some traveled to Phuket from as far away as Udon Thanii and back on trains.  

Some of those guys are in their 70's into mid 80's now and have complaints of how it ain't what it used to be, before the tourists found it!

Army Security Agency was in many places in Thailand long before your average tourist of today.  

Phuket by train, are you sure about that?

in their packs.
regards worgeordie

I did a fair bit of backpacking around the globe as a young guy, and yes, I traveled cheap and light. But I was often the exception. One person's necessities are another's luxury.

Sent from my ASUS Chromebook Flip C100PA using Tapatalk

On 2/28/2017 at 0:14 PM, Dante99 said:

Phuket by train, are you sure about that?

Sure.  The train engineers hired boats to carry the engine and cars across the water.  (sarc)

Only to where ever the train took them, I would imagine.  Then used what transportation was necessary from there.  Travel for non military purpose was done by the same mode as Thai citizens traveled, bus, train, bicycle, foot, etc..  

After I was there, in the early 70's, when some guys went on leave and down to Bangkok, they could fly down and back on the weekly CIA aircraft that that was primarily for CIA, military, and their  dependents. 

ASA had personnel working in different parts of Thailand and SEA.  Depending on purpose of travel, then it was by vehicle, fixed or rotor wing aircraft.  

On 2/12/2017 at 0:56 PM, louse1953 said:

Most of the blokes here wouldn't have even known about Thailand or where it was if it wasn't for backpackers 40 plus years ago.Trail blazers that did the hard yards,including myself.

Yeah right, never mind the 100.000 plus American GI's that were here. I guess they just spent their time here with blinders on.  That was over 50 years ago. A lot of them are still living here.  

I still backpack around S/E Asia...., what used to be my backpack is now a hybrid wheely/backpacky thing....,  much more practical.., sometimes I'll go to somewhere out on the other side of the black stump and have to rough it a bit.., but then sometimes I can also 5 star it if I feel to. I have no axe to grind on backpackers or travellers of a certain age.
But I will occasionally vent my spleen at travellers (of any age) who have a bad attitude towards the host country or other travellers. It's not youthful travellers who are a problem..., more the attitude of the traveller(of any age) that is the problem.
Sanctimonious mini rant over....., :wai:   

Archived