Procedure - Sin Suan Tua

Hello. I'm from the UK, aged mid-40s. Lived in BKK for around 10 years, the past five years on one-year extensions (marriage).

So we are now buying a house (or I'm financing it, house will be in wife's name of course).

But does anyone know the process in terms of this "sin suan tua" thing? (ie, to show that the property is not jointly owned)

Do we go the nearest Land Office in BKK to sign this Letter of Confirmation? Do we go to Immigration?

What other documents do we need, ie, Passport, Marriage Certificate, Change of Name Certificate?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be really appreciated. Thank you!

C

Ok I'll have a crack

The way i see it you will need only a pen if it is the above mentioned you are only talking about. That is for you to sign the document at the Amphor stating you gave the money to your wife as a gift & others have said no right to such property (suppose to be 50/50 when divorce), I even had to sign when wife & i bought house for son.

Your wife will need all the relevant documents that she would only need if doing something for herself as you will not need to prove anything as a single or married person ( as you said it will obviously be in your wifes name )

First have a prenup which states you and your wife maintain seperate financial lives. Then wait at least a year(yes one year or she can reneg on any agreement). Then send in money from abroad from your account Overseas to your account here. Buy property in your name.  Hope for the best. 

Also you could just rent and keep you cash offshore(smart, simple , sure). 

16 hours ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

First have a prenup which states you and your wife maintain seperate financial lives. Then wait at least a year(yes one year or she can reneg on any agreement).

A correctly registered prenup cannot be cancelled under provision of section 1469. As such there is no need to wait a year.

The word "pre" kind of gives it away - the agreement is signed before the marriage certificate is signed, thereby avoiding any problems with section 1469.

It should also be noted that section 1469 doesn't allow a husband or wife to cancel every contract they have with each other. Nearly all contracts can be cancelled under section 1469, but not all.

Edited by blackcab