Is this true? Report within 24 hours to immigration after arrival

22 minutes ago, jerojero said:

BS, unless he didn't fill out arrival card properly or fully.

Its not BS, in fact its always been the law. Depending on the Immigration Office, it is being selectively enforced across Thailand, especially in Chaing Mai.

TM6 arrival card is were you intend to stay, TM30 is confirmation from hotel or housemaster, were you are staying and 90 day is a report that you are still staying there.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

Sounds like for those of us who do 90-day reporting, these days we should have 3 pieces of paper/card stapled in our passports.

TM6 (white 'departure' card)
90-day reporting slip
TM30 receipt

3 minutes ago, AbeSurd said:

Sounds like for those of us who do 90-day reporting, these days we should have 3 pieces of paper/card stapled in our passports.

90-day reporting slip
TM30 receipt

Indeed, arguably even 4, if you add on the TM28 (notification of alien arrival)

I look forward to such a day.

17 minutes ago, AbeSurd said:

90-day reporting slip
TM30 receipt

Yup, this is what I have stapled in my passport and it's come in handy many times.  I live in Chiang Mai province where we have to prove having an up-to-date TM30 on file with some of our interactions with Immigration.

Yup, this is what I have stapled in my passport and it's come in handy many times.  I live in Chiang Mai province where we have to prove having an up-to-date TM30 on file with some of our interactions with Immigration.

That is the final indignity isn't it? Insist on everybody reporting themselves and then make them keep thier own records. One could be forgiven for thinking that Immigration haven't kept any records themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

7 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

That is the final indignity isn't it? Insist on everybody reporting themselves and then make them keep thier own records. One could be forgiven for thinking that Immigration haven't kept any records themselves.

They have records trust me on that! When I argued they pulled up my complete arrival and departure history for the last 5 years and showed me the last time a TM30 was reported was 3 years ago in Hua Hin. They asked me if I would like to go back further in my history. Immigration offices have access to your history 100%

Edited by Lovethailandelite

5 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

They have records trust me on that! When I argued they pulled up my complete arrival and departure history for the last 5 years and showed me the last time a TM30 was reported was 3 years ago in Hua Hin. They asked me if I would like to go back further in my history. Immigration offices have access to your history 100%

You sure do seem to be impressed by the prowess of the Immigration Bureau.

Do you like it when they know all about you but punish you for not telling them what they (apparently) already know?

Is that included in the price of lovethailandelite? 

Or does it cost extra?

Edited by thedemon

What surprises me is that noone questions stapling these things into the passport. Apart from Immigration who it is claimed already have the information, who else is going to check your passport for it? I find the machinations of Immigration as they are revealed here quite fascinating, the notice from Jomtien (post 68) for example.

48 minutes ago, thedemon said:

You sure do seem to be impressed by the prowess of the Immigration Bureau.

Do you like it when they know all about you but punish you for not telling them what they (apparently) already know?

Is that included in the price of lovethailandelite? 

Or does it cost extra?

The law is the law and I never complied so had to pay the penalty. Its all a little like a speeding ticket really. You can speed as much as you like until your caught and then you have to pay the fine. As for being impressed? Sure, I was impressed to see first hand just how much information immigration do hold on me and everybody else. I also learnt a few other things too that I have no wish to go into here. It was actually worth the fine money alone to put to bed once and for all the belief that people have about immigration still working with a Quill pen and ink with a big ledger book they may or may not write up once in a while and they don't actually know anything about you. All inclusive in the fine I may add, no extras asked or given. How impressive is that?

27 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

What surprises me is that noone questions stapling these things into the passport. Apart from Immigration who it is claimed already have the information, who else is going to check your passport for it? I find the machinations of Immigration as they are revealed here quite fascinating, the notice from Jomtien (post 68) for example.

They don't staple in mine. If you supply a paperclip like I do, they are more than willing to use it. No damage that way to your passport.

5 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

Since Immigration has proved themselves to be so reasonable I am even more surprised that noone has asked them why clipping these things into the passport is necessary.

It's probably just a way of handing it back to you in the hope of you not losing it. I have not had a TM6 stapled in the passport at the airport for a couple of years. They don't do it anymore at all as far I am aware.

• 2 months later...

A friend was fined for not reporting his arrival/address. He is a condo-owner and entered with the "30-days on arrival".  Who does have to report then? Anybody who owns a condo and already writes down this address on the TM-card? Anybody on a retirement-visa & 90 days-reporting after leaving the country and coming back? Anybody can clarify?  Thank you. MS>

1 hour ago, moonseeker said:

A friend was fined for not reporting his arrival/address. He is a condo-owner and entered with the "30-days on arrival".  Who does have to report then? Anybody who owns a condo and already writes down this address on the TM-card? Anybody on a retirement-visa & 90 days-reporting after leaving the country and coming back? Anybody can clarify?  Thank you. MS>

The foreign condo owner notifies his own arrival at his condo with the TM.30. Not all immigration offices require the TM.30. Of those that do, in the situation you describe, currently most offices want it only after arrival from abroad, a few after every absence from the condo longer than 24 hours.

• Like 1

He does not need to report.

If he is staying  in a hotel, the hotel may be required to report he is staying there within 24 hours of his arrival.

If he s staying with Thai friends at their home, his Thai friends may be required to report him as living with them.

As usual the Thais are confused about who reports him.

But the point is that the actual reporting is someone must report him.

5 hours ago, IMA_FARANG said:

He does not need to report.

If he is staying  in a hotel, the hotel may be required to report he is staying there within 24 hours of his arrival.

If he s staying with Thai friends at their home, his Thai friends may be required to report him as living with them.

As usual the Thais are confused about who reports him.

But the point is that the actual reporting is someone must report him.

As the owner of the condo he has to report himself as he is the house master and tenant at the same time.

Oh and if you want to be correct then he also has to report himself at the police station apart from immigration.

hi everyone, Im still not sure about this issue.

Has anyone had problems @ airport immigration leaving TH in the last 90 days - who had not reported to local Immigration after returning from abroad within 180 days before leaving?

thanks for taking care

rgds Mag

3 minutes ago, magmur said:

hi everyone, Im still not sure about this issue.

Has anyone had problems @ airport immigration leaving TH in the last 90 days - who had not reported to local Immigration after returning from abroad within 180 days before leaving?

thanks for taking care

rgds Mag

Immigration on departure from the country is only interested in your permit to stay date.

They do not check or look for anything else.

• 1 year later...

Sounds like new rule has been introduced and is being vigorously enforced, good time now for high season,  plenty of ill informed tourists, and the fine is not set, but at the same time they are removing visa on arrival fees, a bit like welcome......now pay.