my Thai girlfriend is pregnant

El Diablo

Hi guys i have found myself in a bit of mischief with the thai girlfriend. she has fallen pregnant and is claiming i am the father, right now she  is about 7 weeks pregnant. 

I recently discovered that you can get a DNA paternity test before the baby is born that can be done by drawing blood from the mother and taking a mouth swab from the alleged father (Non Invasive Pre Natal Paternity test) 

Does anyone know where in Bangkok i can get this done by a reliable clinic / hospital and the approximate cost etc.

It seems pretty likely that i am the father (came inside her multiple times over multiple days while she was ovulating, naughty naughty) but i want to know for sure ASAP , i dont want to be waiting another 7-8 months to find out, by which time i will be more than a few baht down, and may even have formed an emotional attachment to the baby that isnt mine. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sure you can get a DNA test at any decent hospital in Bangkok.

However, you might also begin to consider how you plan this kid to grow up and how you are going to ensure its future...

Unless you do it Thai-man Style and just turn your back.

im not going to do a runner if the kid is mine i will be around in some way. ive got no idea what sort of future a half thai half falang kid is going to have growing up in a poor isaan thai family in bangkok. not sure how i would go being a single dad in australia either...

8 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

im not going to do a runner if the kid is mine i will be around in some way. ive got no idea what sort of future a half thai half falang kid is going to have growing up in a poor isaan thai family in bangkok. not sure how i would go being a single dad in australia either...

You should have  thought about all that before you had sex with that lady , with out  birth control .

you seem to not care much about what you have done .

The trouble is if the child is yours hop you Take  responsibility for that child in give money to help its up   Bringing .

you never head of  entrapment , lots of the Thais now are trying to do that to the western because they think we take good care of them more with more money.

I think it is a game now that lots of thai lady's play now to suck the western man in by getting  pregnant .

Years ago you would not see many 50/50 western baby's now you see them all over the place.

yeah nah i havent brought it up to her yet, im just doing the preliminary research into where exactly to get it done and the cost etc. i can always use the carrot that if im the real father il support her financially...

And you don't think by starting any sentence with "if I'm the father..." it won't impact on your relationship with the gf?! I admire your spunk. Literally!

Sent from my LG-H990 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

Here are some scenarios for you:

- The kid is left with the grandparents and your GF will be off to "work" somewhere.

- The kid stays with your GF, while she tries to manage the best she can with the money, you (maybe) will send her.

No matter what, the chances of the kid losing in all this, is VERY high. Unless of course you figure out a way to be an active part of this mess.

Next time please use a condom. Especially, if you are not ready to commit 100%. 

15 hours ago, El Diablo said:

A little late for those thoughts!

accidently having my son with a thai bird i was seeing was one of the greatest things that ever happened to me. i got a dna test but waited till he was born. it can cause the baby problems extracting dna in the womb. costs hardly anything to support a thai bird and a kid. my son just turned 5 and just started school. i still cant believe it. he is the coolest little guy. good luck. message me and i will share my experience if you are interested.

Nobody knows about Maddona?....No the singger, the next day pill that cost 40 TH, is available in every pharmacy in Thailand and avoid pregnancy after you do something so stupid like not using condons with a "decent" girl in Thailand. Any other option may cost you a lot more than 40 baht.

Anyway...start by telling her that you are steril, that's why you didn't used condons and see how she will respond. Very long time ago I used that line. Was not true, but . .....she responded..

......   ."Oh...then.... may be from the other guy" ...  Later... I saw her again.... She said that she "lost" the baby....

Did you ever consider what the future child costs would be over 18 years?  That is if the baby is healthy!

If the mother is a bar girl and a heavy drinker, she probably will continue to drink and may even consume drugs so there may be a big surprise at delivery time.  Perhaps even autism.....:shock1:

And, of course there is a good chance the mother will abandon the child from pressure from her parents. :post-4641-1156694005:

That may leave you alone, pushing a baby in a stroller down Sukhumvit or Beach Road!

There is a good chance her interest in you was probably just an act for financial security for her family. 

The best investment advice I can give you is if you want to live on the edge, get a vasectomy!

I haven't lived in Bangkok for several years, so don't know if it's still there, but there used to be a place called Cabbages and Condoms on Sukhumwit Soi 12 that would take care of your problem. They do abortions up to, I think, 12 weeks, and will refer you to a hospital that will do them in the 2nd timester. They also offer prenatal care and family planning advice and contraceptives. Not sure if they offer midwife services or not. 

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Who is a silly boy then?

Condoms are not expensive, dopey.

Be careful it is normally a scam just to get money from a farang.

Do not hand over any money under any circumstance, until you have been proved to be the father, or not.

Did you notice what this thread is about?

17 hours ago, El Diablo said:

yeah nah i havent brought it up to her yet, im just doing the preliminary research into where exactly to get it done and the cost etc. i can always use the carrot that if im the real father il support her financially...

Definately get the DNA test but also make sure that if the child is yours legitmise the birth and get an AUS birth certificate and passport for the child so he/she can leave Thailand in future if they want for a better job/life.

17 hours ago, El Diablo said:

The easy way is wait till the child is born and see who it looks like If it does not look like you then have a test If it does look like you 

and my guess already is is you then 
Congradulations 

Oldest trick in the book.  Get pregnant, hope street stupid farang either marries you or gives you money for the next 18 years.  Birds from all over the world have been doing this trick forever, nothing new.  Not exactly a good way to start a relationship that has a chance of lasting.   Deception doesn't usually bode well for relationships.   These days, girls do know how to NOT get pregnant, so one has to assume this was not by accident.   Then you have to factor in the fact that these kinds of girls in Thailand usually don't just have one boyfriend.  

First things first:  No matter how strong you believe you are the father, you need to get a DNA test just to be sure. You don't that much about this lady, I am sure of that. Once you have determined through testing that you are indeed the father, you need to discuss this with the lady. You do know how this will change your life, right? I got a vasectomy years ago, and I know at least 4 expats in Bangkok who recently had one as well. Food for thought. If this was my problem what would I do? RUN FORREST RUN!  I just now goggled DNA labs in Thailand and came up with PTC clinic. Should be no problem finding one, maybe no in Issan, but you can definitely find one. Good luck. You will need it my friend. 

Archived