Multi Mood LED Circular Ceiling Lights

Daffy D

Was browsing round HomePro the other day and came across these LED replacement lamps for the circular ceiling lights.

Lamptan LED Circular Set.jpg

The thing with these is there are 3 choices of light output all from the same fitting. When first switched in you get Daylight, a quick switch off/on will get the Warm White and another quick switch off/on gets the Cool White which is sort of between Daylight and Warm White. 

The circular tube and orange box are magnetic so easy replacement for the old fluorescent fitting.

Brilliant  :thumbsup:

Yeah, 20,000 hours is about 6 years of 10 hours a day, every day.

One note, if you live in a high-lightning area or suffer from frequent electrical disturbances these can shorten the life of the electronics.

I bought a big bag of 20mm surge arrestors from NPE (and later from a Chinese outlet as NPE were nil stock), there's one in every light fitting and behind all the outlets that feed technology. We also have a big beastie on our incoming supply.

These chaps:-  http://www.mynpe.com/mynpe/more.php?data=116450101007&quantity=$quan&c=$data

s-l1600.jpg

Only 6 years :shock1: 

Think I should be able to hold on a little longer then that - 20000 hours sounds better  :whistling:

Not much problem with lightning strikes round here plenty of buildings around to choose from, of course my metal water tower is a prime target but have been lucky so far. Power outs are also pretty rare so think we're fairly lucky round here compared to some others on this site.  :thumbsup:

So fingers crossed.

"I bought a big bag of 20mm surge arrestors from NPE (and later from a Chinese outlet as NPE were nil stock), there's one in every light fitting and behind all the outlets that feed technology"

Got to admire your professionalism, if a jobs worth doing and all that .......

Edited by Daffy D

Mood Lights....... My ex in New Z...brought me a Mood ring back in the 60s.....when I was happy it was just supposed to change to a green.....and when I was upset, it just left a big red mark on her forehead................ :coffee1: