DTAC, TRUE and a headache for two

JAS21

So Mrs J had been with TRUE for some while. Contract was 299thb/month giving her 750MBs of data and about 150minutes of talk time. She complained that her data soon went to H+ although she mostly used WiFi at home, all the ‘pings’ when we are out I guess. She also saw that my dtac seemed faster.

I’m on a old/strange dtac contract, 1thb/month, pay for calls, and a data package of 1.25MBs doubled to 2.5MBs for 299thb. You can gather that I basically don’t phone anyone. If I do it’s LINE or SKYPE.

She hears of a dtac offer with a reduced price J5 Prime or J7 Prime. Enquiring on Tuesday  it is 499thb/month,10GB of data and 200 minutes talk time with a J5 Prime for 1490thb or a J7 Prime  for 4490thb. So she ops for the J7 Prime.  As we both have Note 4’s  we don’t really need another phone, but thought it may come in handy. So organise to change her phone number over and have the J7.

A short while later she receives a phone call from True … basically saying we will give you the same offer, she says I’ll think about it.

Later I read that the J7 Prime is not all that brilliant so we think okay, we will give the J7 a miss and see what contract dtac can offer.

This evening we go back to dtac and see 50% off for a year giving

249thb/month   10MBs data and 200minutes talk time.

So she asks to have that … No Can change … says the guy, after a long Thai Type ‘discussion’. I say, ask for the supervisor, he says I am the supervisor... end of that idea! So we see an option is go back to True for a few days and then go back to dtac and get that promotion or go and see what True can offer and stay with them. By now she has a headache and I’m a little pissed off!

At True they offer her  250thb/month   4GB data and 200mins talk time, which she says okay to as by now we are both pissed off with dtac.

After a Pizza and a Swensen we arrive home, dtac phone … she says you give me a headache …  dtac now offer  249thb/month   10MBs data and 200minutes talk time and we have nothing to do, it will just happen…………………………. What we wanted initially this evening…………….

Looking at this it appears that you can swap companies as often as you like and get the ‘new customer’ offer each time ………………. Maybe in a few months there will be better offers.  I wonder if this no more to do will actually happen....

Edited by JAS21