Non-O ME / Child - Not Married

Is it possible to get a Non-O multi if not married but have a child?

If so what are the requirements, and where would I go to make this visa?

If the family is living in one city, but the child is registered in another will this be an issue when applying for the visa?

What is the advantage of applying for a Non-O instead of a regular Tourist Visa?

Sent from my SM-N920C using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Where would I obtain this multiple non-o, and what if it don't have the 400,000 seasoned? I've read a couple submissions where people say in Lao the money does not need to be shown?

Would a bank book showing a past salary deposits of 40k+ be enough to get the visa if I'm no longer employed with the company?

Let's say my last pay slip was from February, and I would apply for the visa the 1st of March?

As I wrote Penang is the only nearby location you can get the multiple entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai.

Savannakhet Laos only issues a multiple entry non-o based upon marriage.

Not sure if the would accept a bank book to prove your income or a payslip from the month before you apply.

You can get a single entry non-o visa in Vientiane or Savannakhet with no financial proof. Then get a 60 day extension of the 90 day entry at at immigration to visit your child.

Penang want 200k baht in the bank for a single entry non-o visa.

• Like 2

I've been working for the past 12 years uninterrupted on a non-b, but have only been married for 1 month. Can I still apply for PR now? 

It would be helpful to know if you are married or not?

I am being made redundant after working with a company for the past 10 years.

I will be resigning from my current job the end of this month.

Resigning or made redundant, that makes a big difference money wise as to what you are entitled to.

Edited by muzmurray

UbonJoe is correct.  Penang is the only nearby consulate for ME non-o based on having thai child.  Here is a short list of what is needed based on a recent report and my own experiences:  

- Thailand visa application form Multiple entry, Non-Immigrant O for visiting family requested.

- original passport with > 1 year validity, and a couple of spare pages.

- copy of passport photo/signature page, signed

- 2 passport photos

- copy of mother's/wife's thai id card, signed

- copy of thai dependent's birth certificate, signed  OR copy of Marriage certificate signed

- copy of tambien baan (housebook) page with Wife/dependent's full name/national ID number and parent's first names and the first page with the land/property description. The 2 pages were small enough to fit on one A4 page. Signed.

- Bank statement showing >≈400k baht or equivalent (for non-Thai bank); signed. Can be a non-Thai bank.

- 750 ringgit application fee (malaysian ringgit only)

No seasoning of funds are required.  The bank statement just needs to show your name, bank name, date, and current balance; the summary page usually fulfills this requirement.  So if you are using a bankbook, you may need to get 2 pages one showing applicant's full name.  And the most recent page showing the current balance.  Both pages are small enough to be combined to 1 A4 sheet of paper. 

No need for payslips/work permit/etc.  You could possibly use an affidavit to prove 40k monthly income instead of the bank statement.  This affidavit needs to be notarized by your passport country's embassy.  Some embassies may require their own proof prior to notarizing the document; you must check with the embassy you intend to get affidavit from.  (you never mentioned what the country of your passport is).

Another thread that can help with travel to/from penang: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, muzmurray said:

I've been working for the past 12 years uninterrupted on a non-b, but have only been married for 1 month. Can I still apply for PR now? 

It would be helpful to know if you are married or not?

Are you in the correct thread?  Or did you mean this one?

The OP here is asking about ME non-o with Thai Child, not legally married.

10 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

Are you in the correct thread?  Or did you mean this one?

The OP here is asking about ME non-o with Thai Child, not legally married.

I understand what he is asking, I was merely pointing out that in the other thread he said he IS married, and that could change the advice given.

• Like 1

@muzmurray

Some questions I post are hypothetical.

We have not yet registered the marriage with the district office so legally speaking no.

We might be able get this completed shorlty, but just in case I would only be able to claim the child.

Edited by Oohwan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Oohwan said:

@muzmurray

We have not yet registered the marriage with the district office so legally speaking no.

We might be able get this completed shorlty, but just in case I would only be able to claim the child.

All marriage certificates are accepted especially if you were married outside thailand.  The marriage certificate needs to be in English or Thai.  But even if you are married in Thailand, I think all you need is the copy of the marriage certificate.  

When you said marriage earlier, was that a village/Bhuddist marriage ceremony only?

Actually, since you are married to Thai national, you have 2 regional Thai consulate options for ME non-O:

1) Penang, Malaysia but showing 400k financial proof docs (only copies needed)

2) Savannakhet, Laos, no financial proof docs needed, original marriage certificate may need to be shown at application time.

unmarried, Penang is your only nearby option.

Edited by 4evermaat

17 minutes ago, USPatriot said:

It depends on your home country.like, a US citizen can only apply for a non O visa from the usa. 

Nonsense There is no such requirement.

Perhaps you are confusing non-o visas and a OA visa that can only be applied for in your home country.

I can assure many people from the states have gotten non--o visas outside the states.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Dear all,

I have the same problem, I'm looking to get a non-O visa (multi entry).

I'm German citizen and have a Thai child (born in Thailand) since 2014. The Child is legalised and has both passports (Thai & German).

I'm not married with the mother.

Would the Penang Embassy be an option for me to go? I just was in Hong Kong, they asked for the marriage certificate and denied the non-O.

On the Hochminh City consulate page I found that one would get a 90 day non-O single entry with a child, but the multi only with marriage certificate.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Patrick

2 hours ago, Mirage1981 said:

Would the Penang Embassy be an option for me to go?

Penang is the only nearby location that will do a multiple entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai. You will need to show 400k baht in the bank or proof of income.

If you have legitimized your parenthood you can apply for a one year extension of stay. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 40k baht income.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Penang is the only nearby location that will do a multiple entry non-o visa

thanks for the info ...

which other embassy/consulate (not necessarily nearby) will do the same? I'm not limited in travel.

Would I get the non-O multi in Germany as well?

10 minutes ago, Mirage1981 said:

which other embassy/consulate (not necessarily nearby) will do the same? I'm not limited in travel.

Would I get the non-O multi in Germany as well?

I am not aware of any within the region. Australia might be a possibility.

Not sure about Germany. They don't mention it on the embassy in Berlin or the consulate in Frankfurt websites. You would have to check with them about it. In the past I would of suggested one of the honorary consulates in Germany but they can no longer issue multiple entry visas.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Oohwan said:

Any addtional papers needed as a German national when applying for the visa?

Your nationality does not effect what is needed to apply for the visa. What is needed is dependent upon where you apply for it. 

I will be applying in Penang with an affidavit from the German consulate saying I make over 40K per month. Will this have to be translated into Thai? The child is not yet legitimized, will this cause any issues? I also won't be able to get a statement for the child because she is only a baby. Do I need to take any pictures? My name is on the birth certificate as well as on the tambian ban.

I renewed my non O ME last week in Penang. All the above is correct re paperwork, id. card mother, 400K proof, house book copies, birth certs, all signed by the mother. I also give a copy of the divorce agreement and pics of me and my kids in the house and outside, the consulate guy said they like that extra stuff!

1 minute ago, Oohwan said:

I will be applying in Penang with an affidavit from the German consulate saying I make over 40K per month. Will this have to be translated into Thai? The child is not yet legitimized, will this cause any issues? I also won't be able to get a statement for the child because she is only a baby. Do I need to take any pictures? My name is on the birth certificate as well as on the tambian ban.

The income affidavit will be accepted but if it is German it would need to be translated to Thai.

Legitimization is not required to get the visa. All you should need is your child's birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their house book registry.

6 minutes ago, Oohwan said:

here had been some chatter about needing to show proof of stay ( Hotel reservation) while in Thailand. Is this really necessary? What am I supposed to say if they ask me? On the visa form will it ask for an address in Thailand?

They are only asking for proof of stay for tourist visas.

The application form has a space for your address in Thailand. Put the address where you are living here.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your contributions.

So ill be headed out shortly to Penang for a ME Non-O / Child, and I just wanted to reconfirm with you the requirements just to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Original passport with > 1 year validity, and a couple of spare pages.

- copy of passport photo/signature page, signed

- 2 passport photos

- copy of mother's/wife's thai id card, signed

- copy of thai dependent's birth certificate, signed  OR copy of Marriage certificate signed

- copy of tambien baan (housebook) page with Wife/dependent's full name/national ID number and parent's first names and the first page with the land/property description. The 2 pages were small enough to fit on one A4 page. Signed.

- Bank statement showing >≈400k baht or equivalent (for non-Thai bank); signed. Can be a non-Thai bank.

- 750 ringgit application fee (malaysian ringgit only)

Please let me know if anything else is missing.

• Like 1

@4evermaat

These requirements are from one of your previous posts.  Can you please add something to this discussion?

I know you done this run a couple of times already.

Much appreciated