Ex-US serviceman found dead in room surrounded by cash and valuables

webfact

7 minutes ago, BangkapiPete said:

The envelope is dated June 2016, so certainly not a farewell note, just a man who planned for the future.

Or was aware of a pre existing diagnosis, and knew the end was near.

my old man was diagnosised terminal, and , after paying for his own funeral etc etc, checked out with only a couple of grand left in the bank. Well played, I thought.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read the report carefully.

The police contacted his relitaves on that cellphone they found is his room.

So he was regularly in contact with his relatives.

And how do you know that his was a 'wasted Life'

It may not have been a ' plain Vanilla White Bread life, but  he chose it himself.

Don't make such judgements, he chose his life, and that is more than many do.

Thank you for your service to your country fellow American.

RIP.

Sounds like his "retirement extension of stay" money plus a little more in his accounts. No way to know what he had back in the USA.

Military pension, social security and Veteran's Administration hospital he could have been OK in a small town in the USA.

I am thinking, just like me, the USA is boring now and there is lots of fun in Thailand, even at 71. And much better hospitals for far less money.

And yes a completely classless and tacky story releasing his name.

On 17/02/2017 at 0:19 PM, jenifer d said:

...those of us foreigners who came here  not as neo-colonialists but rather to immerse ourselves in the culture and language and AUTHENTIC experience neither need you nor want you here...

You seem to be making a not-so-veiled suggestion that you are better than anyone who doesn't have the same interests or values as you, you're not.  Do you really think anyone cares who you 'neither want nor need here'?

By the way, any experience any of us have here that involves Thais or any part of Thai culture is experiencing something AUTHENTIC whether you approve of it or not.

19 hours ago, IMA_FARANG said:

Read the report carefully.

The police contacted his relitaves on that cellphone they found is his room.

So he was regularly in contact with his relatives.

And how do you know that his was a 'wasted Life'

It may not have been a ' plain Vanilla White Bread life, but  he chose it himself.

Don't make such judgements, he chose his life, and that is more than many do.

Read the report carefully.  The police hadn't contacted any relatives, they hoped to be able to contact them from information in the phone, there was no indication in the report that he was in regular contact with anyone.  I've got numbers in my phone of people I haven't had contact with for over 20 years.

I am the American who took possession of his body, belongings and his Executor. Most of this "fake Newz" is just that ! Fake! He was burned at a most BEAUTIFUL  Temple in the Countryside and his ashes are here by My side now and He has his Coffee. He was NOT married. Few things are missing only.  No Drama. No Problema and nothing but Peace,Happiness and Positive Outcome. I PRAISE the Police of Prachuap Kiri Khan , those on site Security Thai Men (2) and all involved.  The End

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 9:49 AM, cheechee said:

not everyone wants to watch corn grow.   maybe guy wanted Chicks to play with.................hehehehehe.     YOU DONT need to make judgements about the deceased.

I am the  American who is Executor and took possession and burned My Friend.  Nothing. Absolutely NOTHING on all these posts (basically)  is accurate. TOTALLY FAKE !!

1 hour ago, greg lewis said:

I am the American who took possession of his body, belongings and his Executor. Most of this "fake Newz" is just that ! Fake! He was burned at a most BEAUTIFUL  Temple in the Countryside and his ashes are here by My side now and He has his Coffee. He was NOT married. Few things are missing only.  No Drama. No Problema and nothing but Peace,Happiness and Positive Outcome. I PRAISE the Police of Prachuap Kiri Khan , those on site Security Thai Men (2) and all involved.  The End

Thank you for the report - - funny how posters here are so negative that this passing was blown as high as mass graves... I am sorry for the loss of your friend.

On 2/17/2017 at 2:14 AM, davidstipek said:

$1,400 for Obama care, Minimum $900-$1,000 for rent Plus utilities and food.... can't do it! (In America)

not quite that much for obamacare, but 2300 for america can be done if and if he is lucky enough to live in a house with relatives that put him up, much as my sister houses my mother and I contribute.  at his age he would be eligible for medicare, which with extra supplements would be about $300.  Lease a car or own a car if still driving. Car insurance, food, utilities as you say. 

4 hours ago, greg lewis said:

Thanks for the feedback Greg.... we all appreaciate it... well, most of us anyway.

im glad someone (you) were there to oversee the mans departure and condolences to his near and dear ?

Out of respect for  the ex service man who has passed away, this topic has been closed due to a number of negative and false remarks.

6 hours ago, greg lewis said:

Thank you for the report - - funny how posters here are so negative that this passing was blown as high as mass graves... I am sorry for the loss of your friend.

I am the  American who is Executor and took possession and burned My Friend.  Nothing. Absolutely NOTHING on all these posts (basically)  is accurate. TOTALLY FAKE !!

Archived