Trump says he will unveil overhauled immigration order next week

webfact

I wonder what the goal of this travel ban really (soon to be travel ban 2.0) is?

i) to reduce the number of muslims in the US or slow the demographic curve, same thing really.

ii) to set an anti-muslim tone discouraging more from coming.

iii) to play to the gallery and whip up his base.

iv) to lay the groundwork for something more anti-immigrant.

v) discovering who and which institutions need to be neutered to attain the final solution.

I am not passing comment on his reasons except the stated reason of "Making America safe" is clearly rubbish.

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 9:23 AM, elgordo38 said:

Trumps news conference link. Have a stiff drink first. Its the "they love me" Trump show. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/16/donald-trump-press-conference-media-criticism-not-funny

Thanks for sharing this link... " If Donald Trump is qualified for any job – and that’s a rather big if, based on this press conference – it’s clear that he wants to be a media critic on Fox News." !  so true!

Edited by Opl

8 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

I have a suggestion. Barnum and Bailey retired from the circus business and I am sure all their equipment is up for sale at a good price. He could use this to bypass the MSM and take his message directly to the people. He could take weekends off and fly back to Vista De Largo and do a couple rounds of golf and then Air Force 1 back to his wherever he left off. Ivanka and her husband could run the White House in his absence a win win situation for all especially his loyal following. He at present is down to 38% in the opinion polls the worst ever of any president but we all know polls lie. 

Barnum and Bailey were forced to retire because The Trump Circus superseded them.

T

5 hours ago, Briggsy said:

I wonder what the goal of this travel ban really (soon to be travel ban 2.0) is?

i) to reduce the number of muslims in the US or slow the demographic curve, same thing really.

ii) to set an anti-muslim tone discouraging more from coming.

iii) to play to the gallery and whip up his base.

iv) to lay the groundwork for something more anti-immigrant.

v) discovering who and which institutions need to be neutered to attain the final solution.

I am not passing comment on his reasons except the stated reason of "Making America safe" is clearly rubbish.

yes and .... because, due to terror attacks: resentment towards muslims  resonates with many people at different levels,      

and because Trump is a master at articulating anger ..

" trump rearmed the white working class with a confidence that both an ignorance about and intimidation of others was a sign of patriotism. And he weaponized that ignorance: for over a year, their hatred was a revolving door. They did not discriminate: They hated black people, they hated women, they hated immigrants, they hated Muslims, they hated Jews, they hated gay people, they hated Hispanic people — and if you could be white and any of those things, they hated you, too."

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/11/how-trump-made-hate-intersectional.html

Edited by Opl

17 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Looking back any regrets??

Sometimes.  I was accepted to a big time law school.  I was in the pre-law curriculum in college.  My mentor was a former federal judge.  Super man.  But not sure I wanted to be a lawyer.  If all I wanted to do was to make money, then yes, a big mistake not to follow that path.

11 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Sometimes.  I was accepted to a big time law school.  I was in the pre-law curriculum in college.  My mentor was a former federal judge.  Super man.  But not sure I wanted to be a lawyer.  If all I wanted to do was to make money, then yes, a big mistake not to follow that path.

In this great new wonderful opportunity world its money ago go. Life strangely follows many paths. We are where we are because of what we decided. All for the best.