Location of Chiang Mai Provincial Revenue Office ..

Yabiaomer

The places where you file income taxes are divided by regions.  Region 1 and 2 are across the river from Holiday Inn.  There may be other places to file, but that is where the dire Tor's office is, as well as the cashiers.  I got a receipt from the cashier, and am waiting on my check.  I live by CMU.  The blue songtaew from Worrorat Market will get you to Holiday Inn....then a five minute walk.  West side of the road, and acrtacrtoss the street from the tax office with drive thrust which I think are for vat/businesses.

12 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

The places where you file income taxes are divided by regions.  Region 1 and 2 are across the river from Holiday Inn.  There may be other places to file, but that is where the dire Tor's office is, as well as the cashiers.  I got a receipt from the cashier, and am waiting on my check.  I live by CMU.  The blue songtaew from Worrorat Market will get you to Holiday Inn....then a five minute walk.  West side of the road, and acrtacrtoss the street from the tax office with drive thrust which I think are for vat/businesses.

Not so, Region 2 is located across the river from Holiday Inn, Region 1 is located in the old town Muang.

http://www.rd.go.th/publish/38210.0.html

15 minutes ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Nope....region 1 is on the left, region 2 on the ht at the top of the stairs....done it twice, and spent twenty minutes talking to the region 1 director in her office three weeks ago.  You maybe able to file in the old city, but that is

I am assigned to Region 1, that's where my account is held, apparently. But I've always filed at Region 2, near Holiday Inn.

This year I didn't receive my refund check as quickly as usual so I went to see the office where I filed my return, Region2. They looked up my account on their screen and told me I was a Region 1 account and that I would have to go to that office to query the matter. I subsequently called them and found out they were not issuing cheque payments until 45 days after the return was received by them, not 45 days from the date of filing. I filed the return on 11 January and it was received by Region 1 on 23 January.

Now, the Tax Office near Holiday Inn tells me they are Region 2, the Revenue web site says that's the Region 2 Office and the Region1 office confirmed their location to me over the phone as being in Muang, if you know differently than all that.............!

BTW here's the link I posted on the subject confirming the details above, you even posted in that thread.

I simply do not understand this one little bit, there must be something else involved here for both locations to very clearly state what they did (as posted previously).  Is this some kind of area office vs branch office routine? Anyone?

EDIT TO ADD: I just looked at my receipt which also shows Region 1, as yours above - are you filing business or personal tax returns?

The region director is in that office.....she pointed to her title on the entrance to her rather nice office.  We chatted while a younger lady did the form for me.  Her English is quite good.  If you look across the hall, breezeway, there are clearly two different, but identical businesses, sharing that building.  Each side is plainly marked, but blurred on Google Earth, but you can see that they are separate entities.  So you filed in the wrong place, and then went to the wrong place to correct the situation?  And I don't know what I am talking about.  I thought NJ was deceased.  Suthep is tricky, because there are two tambon offices for one thing, and they will tell you to go to one office, when you are suppose to be at the other...In my case Canal Rd. was the dividing line within the tambon.  Suthep is likely split for revenue region purposes, as well..

13 minutes ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

The region director is in that office.....she pointed to her title on the entrance to her rather nice office.  We chatted while a younger lady did the form for me.  Her English is quite good.  If you look across the hall, breezeway, there are clearly two different, but identical businesses, sharing that building.  Each side is plainly marked, but blurred on Google Earth, but you can see that they are separate entities.  So you filed in the wrong place, and then went to the wrong place to correct the situation?  And I don't know what I am talking about.  I thought NJ was deceased.  Suthep is tricky, because there are two tambon offices for one thing, and they will tell you to go to one office, when you are suppose to be at the other...In my case Canal Rd. was the dividing line within the tambon.  Suthep is likely split for revenue region purposes, as well..

I've always filed at that same office for the past five years or more, center building, first floor, turn right at the top of the steps.

Are you filing business or personal tax returns?

I thought for a moment this was all about the girl I spoke to not wanting to tell me the cheque would take 45 days so she fobbed me off with the Region 1 excuse and a telephone number to call, but then what was said on the phone to that number supports what she actually said.

I tell you what, I'm going to ignore all this and put it down to TiT.

BTW I live in Mae Rim so go figure that aspect into all of this.

• 1 year later...
On 20/02/2017 at 7:41 PM, chiang mai said:

I'm so intrigued by this I'm going down there tomorrow to have a chat, I'll report back.

Bit worried about you CM - you never reported back!  ;-)  Hope they didn't incarcerate you for misdeeds!

I just want to second the positive feedback that some have given for the staff in the CM tax offices. All always smiling and helpful, going out of their way to make sure you are being assisted and informed of progress, all in reasonable English, even when (in my case) there were a few procedural issues to deal with and it was one of their busiest days of the year. Well done!

Archived