Back To The UK For Holiday Tips/Advice

mercman24

On 25 February 2017 at 9:05 AM, Ricardo said:

I took that route with Malaysia Airlines last month, the BKK-KUL-BKK legs on a B738were crammed & uncofortable, the stopover in KUL short but doable, however the A380 between KUL and LGR-T4 was fine, reasonable IFE & catering & seat-space, and 30 kgs hold-luggage allowed.  My trip late-January, booked a few months ahead of travelling, cost me B19,800 return.

However I was slightly miffed to discover, after my return, that the long-haul sectors hadn't got me any airmiles at all with their OneWorld partner, whose frequent-flyer program I'm currently trying to build points with ! So 25-hours in Economy gained me a numb-bum, but no airmiles ! :glare:

File a claim for missing miles with your cards airline, on all of my MH flights I have received air miles as well as use of lounges 

22 hours ago, mercman24 said:

thankyou for the info Sandy f, i will not be needing a hotel,i have the use of a house, when i arrive in wilts, the tip about the 380 is a good one,

Often, those upper deck coach seats are hard to distinguish on seat charts...they just appear to be back rows on the lower level.   They are much nicer, sometimes 2-3-2 with more legroom but the best part is is is only about a 10 row section so not many other passengers constantly brushing by you and never a line at the toilet.

Downside is the rear of the aircraft gets more engine noise, also, aircraft movement in rough air is accentuated in the rear.  Not a good place to sit if prone to airsickness or a nervous flyer.

On 02/03/2017 at 2:19 PM, DipStick said:

File a claim for missing miles with your cards airline, on all of my MH flights I have received air miles as well as use of lounges 

I appreciate the thought thanks, but I did do that, and Qatar confirmed that while I earned a few Qmiles/Qpoints for BKK-KUL-BKK, I got aboslutely nothing for LUL-LHR-KUL, due to a different class of fare on those sectors. 

The original booking/PNR from the OTA never even mentioned fare-types, my QR ff-number was on all four boarding-passes, that's just life  mai-pen-rai.

4 hours ago, mercman24 said:

funny how they put people in boxes, i am the original peter pan, fit as a fiddle,

people think i am 52/53, (70 in April) mai pen rai, ha ha

ken Stumble 15-6-15.jpg

and no grey hair ?  lucky guy