Teacher had husband assassinated over affair with young woman - she paid 150,000 baht for the hit

webfact

7 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

life in Thailand is so cheap. Why not leaving him. Life is precious. Some Thais behave like animals. Always using violence for every problem they encounter.

What kind of ''intense interrogation'' did she undergo.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

life in Thailand is so cheap. Why not leaving him. Life is precious. Some Thais behave like animals. Always using violence for every problem they encounter.

This is not specific to Thais.  It happens everywhere.  

3 hours ago, Mook23 said:

Sure. But my country doesnt tout my country as peacefull loving buddhist smiling...thai rak thai... patriotic. My country considers all of its inhabitants as potential @$$holes, being humans, showing typical human characteristics: greed, jealousy, stress, agression, etc. Thailand always gives us this KHRAP (pun intended) they are sooooo tolerant  and loving and mai bpen raiing whereas most thai i know are virtually on the edge and seek comfort in alkohol, soaps and gambling... 

Bear in mind that this is one incident, it is not representative of the whole country whereas your depiction of your country probably is!

If what you say is true about most Thais that you know, perhaps it's just you and your circle of friends that needs attention.

3 hours ago, optad said:

Actually, the frequency of these subcontracted  revenge murders in Thailand does make Thailand special;  particularly so   for the petty inspiration of the offense. It is begotten from a grievances without moral filters,  without a bigger compass. From the frequencies of these types of crimes,  generalisations such as mine can be and have merit.

I never cast a holier than 'X' comparison though. Your work. We are all mature enough to know than values shift culture, to community to country. This kinda murderous revenge is peculiar here despite your vacuous repost. 

Not sure why you are always on the hunt for an argument, but I am happy to engage. 

" From the frequencies of these types of crimes,  generalisations such as mine can be and have merit."

Go on then, statistically, show me how your generalisation (your choice of word) has merit.

"This kinda murderous revenge is peculiar here..."

Let's see how you back that one up as well, if you can...without being vacuous (you might do well to look the word up).

8 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

maybe you don't figure out the picture. The one behaving like an animal was the husband, women have no right here.

1 hour ago, Nerone said:

maybe you don't figure out the picture. The one behaving like an animal was the husband, women have no right here.

Two generalizations  based  on anecdote thus  far. 

The  latter has  some validity in a  generalized  sense  but  not particularly  based  on this event.

What if in the events of the  case it is  revealed  that the wife  had given him  cause to stray? 

Media info often gives  bias to headlines that rightly or  wrongly invoke public  appeal  but  quite often are wrong rather than right or accurate.

35 minutes ago, Rhys said:

unless your a sister

Motor bike type assassinations seem to be the way to go at the moment  ,  easy to get away from the  crime scene ? copying Kenways scenario ? scarey . Just one more thing that I have found out to be good advice , never drink in a bar with your back to the road , need to be aware whats going on around you at all times . 

Edited by superal
forgot to add , typo

Back 30 years ago I was in England and married to an English girl for 7 years. We had 2 kids together.

One evening I arrived home from work and found a Dear John letter. It had 1 sentence; I’ve left you. Checked the house, all her personal belongings had gone. A neighbour told me she went and taken the kids to her parents home.

I went round there; she stuck her head out the top floor window and told me to clear off. No explanation and her parents would not let me in their house. Next time I saw her was when she dragged me into the divorce court. Her excuse was, mental cruelty, that is the usual the lawyers tell them to say. She won custody of the children as the majority of wives do in the UK and the court granted her the house, I was thrown out and left homeless.

Later discovered she had been having an affair while I was at work and fell in love with an acquaintance I knew from a social club, who moved into our matrimonial home with her and my kids after they got me conveniently off the scene.

I have never hated anybody in my whole life, but during that time my hate for her was at boiling point. I wanted her hurt so badly and if there would have been a means of giving back the hurt she perpetrated upon me I would have done it, but the thought of maybe spending jail time deterred me from doing so.  

Hate and revenge can be powerful emotions and different people have different levels of how they can control their emotions.  Only persons who have suffered similar experiences can understand how sometimes these cases can lead to the extremes.

15 hours ago, optad said:

Perhaps. Or perhaps, loss of face in thailand has socially legitimised rogue assassination. This a commonplace in Thai society. I fear, without basing too much credence on any version presented here, that the wife did have other avenues regarding her maltreatment and whilst less satisfying were more appropriate.

She dealt with the problem in a draconian way - it won't happen again! Maybe not inappropriate if the beatings she told about were true.

Will they attempt to collect the balance in prison? Usually debts like that do not go unpaid. She was such a fool. Was walking away not an option for her? Why kill him and ruin her life, and that of her entire family? Where is the vision? The forethought? Why not just leave, and move to Lampang? Or someplace far away? What can one say about something like this? 

5 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Back 30 years ago I was in England and married to an English girl for 7 years. We had 2 kids together.

One evening I arrived home from work and found a Dear John letter. It had 1 sentence; I’ve left you. Checked the house, all her personal belongings had gone. A neighbour told me she went and taken the kids to her parents home.

I went round there; she stuck her head out the top floor window and told me to clear off. No explanation and her parents would not let me in their house. Next time I saw her was when she dragged me into the divorce court. Her excuse was, mental cruelty, that is the usual the lawyers tell them to say. She won custody of the children as the majority of wives do in the UK and the court granted her the house, I was thrown out and left homeless.

Later discovered she had been having an affair while I was at work and fell in love with an acquaintance I knew from a social club, who moved into our matrimonial home with her and my kids after they got me conveniently off the scene.

I have never hated anybody in my whole life, but during that time my hate for her was at boiling point. I wanted her hurt so badly and if there would have been a means of giving back the hurt she perpetrated upon me I would have done it, but the thought of maybe spending jail time deterred me from doing so.  

Hate and revenge can be powerful emotions and different people have different levels of how they can control their emotions.  Only persons who have suffered similar experiences can understand how sometimes these cases can lead to the extremes.

Did you have to pay child maintenance as well ? cos that would have been a real kick in the teeth . Truthfully was there mental cruelty ? if there wasnt , from what you have said you suffered injustice to the point of extreme but I feel you are not an isolated case short changed by the English divorce courts . My divorce 4 years ago -- ex wife claimed I hit her along with mental abuse . I never ever laid a finger on her and she was a control freak , luckily I had the back of my son who would not support her allegations . It is said that love and hate are 2 emotions closely aligned . I hope things worked out for you post divorce .  

22 hours ago, Ramen087 said:

The taking of different life wasn't my point. What I was wondering about was this: was the physical abuse so bad the woman felt she was acting in self-defense?  This has been a successfully used defense strategy in jury trials in the case of repeated physical abuse of one partner by another.

Excuse me, BUT....Hiring a hitman to do your dirty work is far from acting in self defense....Glad you are not a lawyer...!

On 2/20/2017 at 0:40 PM, Ramen087 said:

Perhaps the behavior she found difficult to tolerate was having been beaten repeatedly when confronting him about his sexual relationship with another woman, not the cheating itself.

If you find this a good excuse than I guess it is always OK to kill or have your husband killed huh? How would we know if there was this terrible abuse?

19 hours ago, superal said:

Did you have to pay child maintenance as well ? cos that would have been a real kick in the teeth . Truthfully was there mental cruelty ? if there wasnt , from what you have said you suffered injustice to the point of extreme but I feel you are not an isolated case short changed by the English divorce courts . My divorce 4 years ago -- ex wife claimed I hit her along with mental abuse . I never ever laid a finger on her and she was a control freak , luckily I had the back of my son who would not support her allegations . It is said that love and hate are 2 emotions closely aligned . I hope things worked out for you post divorce .  

I did get stung for child maintenance and then she took me to court again for alimony. The judge refused and told her she is a spiteful, malicious, outrageous woman and threw her case out of court. But it didn`t really help me much. It set me back about 10 years and since I have done well and been successful.

You are right, I am not an isolated case, and from that experience I would never ever many in the UK again where in divorce cases the odds are like a billion to one against the men. If there are children involved and the woman wants out of the marriage, all she has to do is take her hubby to court, mental cruelty being the favourite get me out of this excuse and the man virtually ends up childless, homeless and penalised for years afterwards.

I have been with my Thai girlfriend for many years and she wants us to officially marry, but every time the subject is mentioned I think about it and then get cold feet. Once bitten, twice shy.

2 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I did get stung for child maintenance and then she took me to court again for alimony. The judge refused and told her she is a spiteful, malicious, outrageous woman and threw her case out of court. But it didn`t really help me much. It set me back about 10 years and since I have done well and been successful.

You are right, I am not an isolated case, and from that experience I would never ever many in the UK again where in divorce cases the odds are like a billion to one against the men. If there are children involved and the woman wants out of the marriage, all she has to do is take her hubby to court, mental cruelty being the favourite get me out of this excuse and the man virtually ends up childless, homeless and penalised for years afterwards.

I have been with my Thai girlfriend for many years and she wants us to officially marry, but every time the subject is mentioned I think about it and then get cold feet. Once bitten, twice shy.

I am in the same situation with my Thai lady , although she has not pressed me to get officially married she would be happy for the local / village type ceremony . Not sure if officially married in Thailand what the monetary implications are if there was a divorce because I would not be able to recover from that situation again . For your lady is it a question of an official marriage may give her some kind of financial security by way of your assets ?

Good to hear that you made good from a terrible experience by a despicable ex wife .

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 2:53 PM, animalmagic said:

I think the self defence strategy would only work if she was being beaten at the time and did it herself, not plausible if you have arranged hitmen!

Your point is a good one.  Perhaps that is the case... but it has been argued successfully that despite the use of a proxy, and not in the moment, that a person in a continual state of siege is acting in self-defense. In this case we will likely never know.  

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:56 PM, Banana7 said:

Yes, people lie, especially when they don't want to accept the potential consequences of their actions. They also lie when they get caught doing something illegal.

True enough, but they can also be telling the truth when it comes to having been beaten repeatedly by their spouse/partner. In this case??  Does anyone know the truth?  Two people do, the husband and wife. After that it's anyone's guess.

3 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

True enough, but they can also be telling the truth when it comes to having been beaten repeatedly by their spouse/partner. In this case??  Does anyone know the truth?  Two people do, the husband and wife. After that it's anyone's guess.

To make claims or allegations of wrong doing, one should present evidence or proof. Usually when there is a beating, there are bruises, lacerations, or broken bones, etc.. Where are the police reports of beatings, photos of injuries, hospital bills, etc.?  There is no need to guess.

13 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

To make claims or allegations of wrong doing, one should present evidence or proof. Usually when there is a beating, there are bruises, lacerations, or broken bones, etc.. Where are the police reports of beatings, photos of injuries, hospital bills, etc.?  There is no need to guess.

The lady stated she had been beaten repeatedly in the past. Many, many times women who are beaten by their husbands don't report the crime because they fear even worse physical treatment after the initial contact with authorities. Will anecdotal corroboration from friends, or family or neighbors take place with further investigation by the RTP?  Will there be any additional action taken by the RTP? Will it come out in a trial? I don't know. Will anyone?

Just because the reports didn't happen doesn't mean the violence never took place.

Edited by Ramen087

16 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

The lady stated she had been beaten repeatedly in the past. Many, many times women who are beaten by their husbands don't report the crime because they fear even worse physical treatment after the initial contact with authorities. Will anecdotal corroboration from friends, or family or neighbors take place with further investigation by the RTP?  Will there be any additional action taken by the RTP? Will it come out in a trial? I don't know. Will anyone?

Just because the reports didn't happen doesn't mean the violence never took place.

It doesn't matter as hiring a hit is not an act of self defense in any sane persons judgment.

21 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

It's very easy to take a photo and most phones can take a photo. At least one friend or associate would have recommended to take a photo of the injuries. Also, she worked, so did she miss any work time due to injures? Did her students or fellow teachers see any symptoms of physical abuse, like limping or bruises?

Many times the women just BS to get sympathy or convince others that they have just cause for their actions. Maybe the only thing that was bruised was her ego?

I agree more investigation needs to be done to gather evidence.

Edited by Banana7

7 minutes ago, Grubster said:

It doesn't matter as hiring a hit is not an act of self defense in any sane persons judgment.

I guest we will have to agree to disagree regarding your the above assertion. I most certainly disagree; I am a sane person.

21 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

It's very easy to take a photo and most phones can take a photo. At least one friend or associate would have recommended to take a photo of the injuries. Also, she worked, so did she miss any work time due to injures? Did her students or fellow teachers see any symptoms of physical abuse, like limping or bruises?

Many times the women just BS to get sympathy or convince others that they have just cause for their actions. Maybe the only thing that was bruised was her ego?

I agree more investigation needs to be done to gather evidence.

How do you know what this person's friends or associates would have told her to do.? The last thing many abused people want is to reveal the abuse, and permanent documentation would be out of the question. As I previously stated,  you may or may not have corroborating statements follow. Not all injuries can be readily seen, especially when facial abuse doesn't happen. Clothes can cover up bruises.

Edited by Ramen087

4 hours ago, superal said:

I am in the same situation with my Thai lady , although she has not pressed me to get officially married she would be happy for the local / village type ceremony . Not sure if officially married in Thailand what the monetary implications are if there was a divorce because I would not be able to recover from that situation again . For your lady is it a question of an official marriage may give her some kind of financial security by way of your assets ?

Good to hear that you made good from a terrible experience by a despicable ex wife .

The financial consequences even here in Thailand can be devastating.  Upon divorce, you get half the increase in assets since marriage. The scary part is that you also get half the debts, since marriage, even if you never signed the debt instrument. 

33 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

How do you know what this person's friends or associates would have told her to do.? The last thing many abused people want is to reveal the abuse, and permanent documentation would be out of the question. As I previously stated,  you may or may not have corroborating statements follow. Not all injuries can be readily seen, especially when facial abuse doesn't happen. Clothes can cover up bruises.

I've never known a woman, Thai or western, who does not share gossip and important facts with her friends or family. The action of hiring a hit man, can't be justified in this matter based on facts that been presented. Can't justify murder based on hot air from one person.