Pattaya outskirts for a weeks holiday with family

4MyEgo

Heading to Pattaya for a week with the family and don't necessarily want to stay in Pattaya as I have been twice already prior to the kids being born, and am seeking to go some place new, near the beach, restaurants and of course near some bars, within walking distance of hotels, but more so a relaxed location with the beach being within a couple kilometres.

I have heard Ban Chang or Rayong, but Rayong sounds too secluded as I like to frequent the bars for some social entertainment when the kids and the Mrs are in bed.

Any recommendations appreciated as usual.

Bang Saray, 10-20 ks south of Pattaya is nice, Clean beach, a couple of bars and resturants, not that far from pattaya if you want a big night out.

Around at Jomtien has all the things for a family holiday and pattaya is just over the hill.

Edited by Peterw42

50 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Bang Saray, 10-20 ks south of Pattaya is nice, Clean beach, a couple of bars and resturants, not that far from pattaya if you want a big night out.

Yes, Bang Saray is probably the best option within a short drive as it has a good number of restaurants, bars, small hotels, a nice enough beach within walking distance and a fairly large farang population. Rather like Pattaya used to be 30 years ago. The only thing it doesnt have (yet) is branded five-star hotels though there are a couple on Sukumvit in Ban Amphoe (one under construction).

Another much smaller option might be around Soi Na Jomtien 8 which has a fairly secluded area right on the beach with a few bars and restaurants and some fairly high-end accommodation. And very close indeed to Pattaya/Jomtien if you want to go out. https://goo.gl/maps/VzwjNYRNAXM2

Rayong is a long way and doesnt really cater to farang tourists. Ban Chang is OK but a long way from the beach, unless you stay on the beach in which case you will be a long way from anything else.

4 hours ago, WaywardWind said:

Your budget?

Keep in mind for your late night prowling that police checkpoints for DUI are becoming more numerous than Family Marts. Have a few beers, head back to the missus and the kids, get stopped, and there goes 10,000 THB. 

Thanks for the heads up, but I did mention in my post below, within walking distance of hotels 555

18 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

and of course near some bars, within walking distance of hotels,

3 hours ago, pee paub said:

How about Koh Samet?

Yeh a mate of mine just did Hoh Samet and Rayong, said both in bed by 8.00pm, so I am thinking kids in bed by 8.00pm, me 12.00 with a few beers and an empty sack every now and again 555

3 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Yes, Bang Saray is probably the best option within a short drive as it has a good number of restaurants, bars, small hotels, a nice enough beach within walking distance and a fairly large farang population. Rather like Pattaya used to be 30 years ago. The only thing it doesnt have (yet) is branded five-star hotels though there are a couple on Sukumvit in Ban Amphoe (one under construction).

Another much smaller option might be around Soi Na Jomtien 8 which has a fairly secluded area right on the beach with a few bars and restaurants and some fairly high-end accommodation. And very close indeed to Pattaya/Jomtien if you want to go out. https://goo.gl/maps/VzwjNYRNAXM2

Rayong is a long way and doesnt really cater to farang tourists. Ban Chang is OK but a long way from the beach, unless you stay on the beach in which case you will be a long way from anything else.

Thanks for that, I will look into Bang Saray as it seems to tick all the boxes, was also looking at Na Jomtien last night, will do some further investigations and toss the coin when the time comes. Ban Chang being a long way from the beach might be out, although we do have a car, but would rather park it and let the legs do some walking.

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Thanks for the heads up, but I did mention in my post below, within walking distance of hotels 555

I put that in because of the recommendation for the Dark Side.

You might want to consider Naklua - close to Wong Amat beach, many bars along Pattaya-Naklua Road and the Sois running off it, as well as easy baht bus travel down to Pattaya Beach Road, all the way to walking street and back to Naklua.

2 hours ago, WaywardWind said:

I put that in because of the recommendation for the Dark Side.

You might want to consider Naklua - close to Wong Amat beach, many bars along Pattaya-Naklua Road and the Sois running off it, as well as easy baht bus travel down to Pattaya Beach Road, all the way to walking street and back to Naklua.

Thanks for that, looks really close to Pattaya, yet far away enough. Cheers