Police Close Thapae Bars

garrington

Fortunately the aggressive ladyboy infestation was cleared out of Thapae gate area a few years ago. There have always been such small "bars" on Chaiyaphum/Kotchasarn Roads and lower Moonmuang Sois.

A crackdown on the the periphery before the final and complete shutdown of Loy Khroh itself perhaps?

1 hour ago, Chicog said:

They still live in the wild in the shadows of Loi Kroh. You hear these low grunts as you walk by sometimes, it must be their mating call.

I think the low grunts are possibly due to them having their mouths full.....

Not that I'd know, just a random guess ?

4 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Amora Hotel is Ladyboy central, but over the years, they have extended all the way down to the SE corner of the moat.  Much more prevalent outside the moat, than inside.

Yes. Can confirm the SE corner is the place for such extravagances. This is what I hear from others of course.

4 hours ago, off road pat said:

i heard Elvis is still alive Can anyone corroborate this

nahh .. hes been stuffed

but hes singing outside the little rock

cafe in nha trang vietnam with backing vocals by michael jackson

and bubbles every night :)

dave2

vietnam nha trang the little rock cafe michael jackson and elvis figure 27 sept 16 20160927_211905.jpg

54 minutes ago, dave2 said:

nahh .. hes been stuffed

but hes singing outside the little rock

cafe in nha trang vietnam with backing vocals by michael jackson

and bubbles every night :)

dave2

vietnam nha trang the little rock cafe michael jackson and elvis figure 27 sept 16 20160927_211905.jpg

Wrong wrong wrong,  He was at Kad Suan Kaew from 5.30pm to 7.15pm this very night.

You can still catch the second set if you hurry.

2 sets!  Set #1 5:30 – 7:15pm and Set #2 8:30 – 10:30pm.  Set 1 is in the “Food Factory” (aka “The Blue Food Court”) in the basement of Kad Suan Kaew mall, and Set 2 is in Lotus Hotel Pang Suen Kuew nearby.  Enjoy the sounds of “Thai Elvis” and his band, they’re really fun.  At the Food Factory, food and beverages are “up-to-you”.  Always wanted to try one of those Thai-style beer towers?  Now’s your chance.  All the standard Thai dishes are available for 25 – 50 baht.  A fun night out for less than 100 baht.  Gather with a few friends or meet new friends!

thai-elvis.jpg

9 hours ago, mamborobert said:

Wrong wrong wrong,  He was at Kad Suan Kaew from 5.30pm to 7.15pm this very night.

You can still catch the second set if you hurry.

2 sets!  Set #1 5:30 – 7:15pm and Set #2 8:30 – 10:30pm.  Set 1 is in the “Food Factory” (aka “The Blue Food Court”) in the basement of Kad Suan Kaew mall, and Set 2 is in Lotus Hotel Pang Suen Kuew nearby.  Enjoy the sounds of “Thai Elvis” and his band, they’re really fun.  At the Food Factory, food and beverages are “up-to-you”.  Always wanted to try one of those Thai-style beer towers?  Now’s your chance.  All the standard Thai dishes are available for 25 – 50 baht.  A fun night out for less than 100 baht.  Gather with a few friends or meet new friends!

thai-elvis.jpg

Yeah, and yesterday evening around 7:30 pm, Hubby and I had an "Elvis sighting" at the Tops Supermarket in the basement of Kad Suan Kaew.  He was buying a kanom in the bakery section.  Yup, definitely alive and well in Chiang Mai.