The mysterious story of the Soi Nana Thai woman and the Bangladeshi suitor who wants to marry her

webfact

The mysterious story of the Soi Nana Thai woman and the Bangladeshi suitor who wants to marry her

3am.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- Sanook.com reported on a story of a Thai woman who works in a beauty salon in Soi Nana (Suhkumvit Soi 4) in Bangkok who was set to marry a man from Bangladesh.

A few days ago Thanyathorn Sae-heng went to Samut Prakarn police to lodge an unusual report. She said that 800,000 baht had entered her bank account and she claimed she didn't know where it came from.

Now it has emerged that the money has come from the Bangladeshi man who Thanyathorn had earlier promised to marry.

He had already given her 200,000 baht as a first instalment but she was not sure that the remaining money was his as he said it would not be paid until April.

The couple had earlier gone to Lumpini police to lodge a kind of pre-nuptial agreement before the Bangladeshi went back to his country.

But now the Thai woman has said that she doesn't want to have anything more to do with her erstwhile boyfriend.

She told the press she spent three days with Mr Chabu and that was more than enough.

Apparently he keeps pestering her from afar sending representatives to her shop. She doesn't want to go to work anymore because of the stress.

Now she has told police that she is prepared to return the whole one million baht just to be rid of him once and for all.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-23

A thai woman rejecting money? what, is she sick or something? I have seen

many Thai women married to some really unsavory foreigners, to say the least,

just because they offer financial stability or a one way ticket to other countries,, 

that Bangladeshi guy must be that bed that even a million baht is not enough

to stay with him....

16 minutes ago, ezzra said:

A thai woman rejecting money? what, is she sick or something? I have seen

many Thai women married to some really unsavory foreigners, to say the least,

just because they offer financial stability or a one way ticket to other countries,, 

that Bangladeshi guy must be that bed that even a million baht is not enough

to stay with him....

A Thai "massage" women working in Nana ! Rejecting the money and offering to return it ? well in that case if this apparent cock and bull story had a resemblance of truth then why did she take the 200k in the first place ?

6 minutes ago, whatawonderfulday said:

A Thai "massage" women working in Nana ! Rejecting the money and offering to return it ? well in that case if this apparent cock and bull story had a resemblance of truth then why did she take the 200k in the first place ?

The unsaid truth - she hooked another bigger fish ...

Everyday, blokes appear from all over the world to meet their online sweethearts (in person) for the first time.

It is not difficult to believe that someone from a secular governed country might prove very un secular (in person) in his attitude to women.

She may have discovered that and wish to absolutely rid herself of any obligation to be further entangled (possibly seeking police protection), hence rejection of any more "dowry".

800,000 may well be a lot to give up, but such an action would be understandable given that Bangladesh has the shameful record of being the country with the highest number of acid attacks, 55% as result of marriage proposal rejection:

" In Bangladesh, such attacks are relatively common.[51] Bangladesh has the highest reported incidence of acid assault in the world.[12] According to the Acid Survivors Foundation in Bangladesh, the country has reported 3000 acid attack victims since 1999, peaking at 262 victims for the year of 2002.[18] Rates have been steadily decreasing by 15% to 20% since 2002, with the amount of acid attack victims reported at 91 in Bangladesh as recently as 2011.[52] Bangladesh acid attacks shows the most gendered discrimination, with one study citing a male to female victim ratio of 0.15:1[12] and another reporting that 82% of acid attack survivors in Bangladesh are women.[32]"

"Acid attacks are often referred to as a "crime of passion", fueled by jealousy and revenge.[12] Actual cases though, show that they are usually the result of rage at a woman who rebuffs the advances of a male. For the country of Bangladesh, such passion is often rooted in marriage and relationships. One study showed that refusal of marriage proposals accounted for 55% of acid assaults, with abuse from a husband or other family member (18%), property disputes (11%) and refusal of sexual or romantic advances (2%) as other leading causes.[16] Additionally, the use of acid attacks in dowry arguments has been reported in Bangladesh,[32] with 15% of cases studied by the Acid Survivors Foundation citing dowry disputes as the motive.[18] The chemical agents most commonly used to commit these attacks are hydrochloric acid and sulfuric acid.[53]"

Edited by Enoon

2 hours ago, gamini said:
7 hours ago, shadowofacloud said:

I am sure she'd look great in a burka.

Bangladesh has a secular government. Females do not have to wear a Burka. You should check your facts before writing a stupid comment.

Don't worry.  His won't be the last comment on this story.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Now she has told police that she is prepared to return the whole one million baht just to be rid of him once and for all.

For that kind of  money he deserves a second chance. The only thing I can see is that being Bangladesh is mostly Muslim maybe he wanted her to wear a Burka 24/7

5 hours ago, gamini said:

Bangladesh has a secular government. Females do not have to wear a Burka. You should check your facts before writing a stupid comment.

Unlike you, I base my facts on personal experience, not on hearsay or Wikipedia. I have traveled extensively in Bangladesh and burkas are commonplace - something you would expect in a country with a 90% Muslim majority. Whether it is by choice or decree, is another question.

Full hijab is much less common.

I suggest you leave your fav beer bar on Soi Nana from time to time and try to see the world. It can be an illuminating experience.

10 hours ago, shadowofacloud said:

Unlike you, I base my facts on personal experience, not on hearsay or Wikipedia. I have traveled extensively in Bangladesh and burkas are commonplace - something you would expect in a country with a 90% Muslim majority. Whether it is by choice or decree, is another question.

I suggest you leave your fav beer bar on Soi Nana from time to time and try to see the world. It can be an illuminating experience.

Have you mixed up the word Hijab with the word Burka?

6 hours ago, bangon04 said:
17 hours ago, shadowofacloud said:

Have you mixed up the word Hijab with the word Burka?

Surely not.  Someone who has traveled extensively in Bangladesh and is so knowledgeable about Muslims wouldn't confuse two completely types of Muslim clothing.

On 2/23/2017 at 10:12 AM, gamini said:

Get a life.

On 2/23/2017 at 10:12 AM, gamini said:

Don't let facts get in the way of bit of good old fashioned racism.