Police launch campaign to improve Pattaya’s sex-tainted image

webfact

Police launch campaign to improve Pattaya’s sex-tainted image

2202003.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya and tourist police on Wednesday launched a publicity campaign to improve the image of the popular resort city after it was branded the world’s sex capital or the modern day’s “Sodom and Gommorrah”, a biblical kingdom infested with vice and sex by Britain’s The Mirror tabloid.

Led by Pol Lt-Col Surasak Kanokvilas, the chief inspector of Pattaya police, dozens of Pattaya and tourist police and volunteers marched through the beach road early Wednesday morning as they asked night entertainment proprietors and bouncers to be “eyes and ears” of the police and to report to police of offences committed against foreign tourists.

They were also warned not to promote sex trade or to stage sex shows to attract customers.

The police also made spot checks of transgenders who were known to have offer sex to foreign tourists.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-launch-campaign-improve-pattayas-sex-tainted-image/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-02-23

54 minutes ago, webfact said:

Sodom and Gommorrah”,

Sodom and Gomorrah was leveled and destroy by brimstone and

fire of God's wreath and displeasure , let's hope that will not happened here....

( I have a condo there )

Anti tourism seems to have picked up its pace lately.

If the percentage of the GDP, mentioned in the last few days, at 17% is true, then these TAT people should take a hard look at themselves. Tourism was fine and now things which attracted tourists are being changed. Seems like a bad recipe to me.

Wow

"after it was branded the world’s sex capital or the modern day’s “Sodom and Gommorrah”, a biblical kingdom infested with vice and sex by Britain’s The Mirror tabloid."

The Mirror, the authoritative journal.

Christian values in a Buddhist state I guess...

Fix the corruption and inconsistency first so tourists people in general know where they stand with Thai government offices such as the Royal Thai Police, Royal Thai Police in Immigration offices,  Land Offices, Amphurs actually everywhere you never know what is going to happen.

The sex industry in Pattaya is just another convenient smoke screen distraction along with things like market stalls on the pavement and taxis not picking up customers. Probably supported by the legendary 'brown envelope'.

2 hours ago, LennyW said:

what-a-crock-of-shit.jpg

Thailand has many many more pressing problems....say infrastructure, and the like. This will fail here as draconian antisex laws have everywhere....or worse it will start to burst out in more and more problems...example... A few years ago when a study shows most people serviced by sex workers in a poll among them shows it was mostly Thai citizens using the services...not forgeners

I can't believe the stupidity of it all. A trash report from a piece of fish-wrap gets these idiots' panties all tangled up. A lot of things in Thailand are also getting 'international focus' and yet nothing is being done to 'clean up the image' - things such as double-pricing, tourist scams and road fatalities. For the record, I'm all for cleaning up places like this but I doubt this trade can be stopped. Regulating it will be better. Further clamp-downs will only push it underground and that's when things get out of control. And if the brown clowns are going to clean up places like this, how about Cowboy, Nana, Ratchadaphisek and the hotel lounges along Sukhumvit road, most of which are full of freelancers late at night? And these are just the places tourists go to - there are more such places where the local boys play.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Police want to improve Pattayas image    :cheesy::cheesy:

The police rely on tourists for most of their tea money.

Without Pattayas sex image it would go back to a fishing village.

Most tourists come here purely for the sex.

I live there and from what I have seen most tourists do not come for the sex. A lot come because it's a fun place and a good base to explore  other areas. 

Even single men/women come here for things other than the sex. Loads of families these days also. 

Of course there are sex tourists, I can think of three big areas in Bangkok that are no different but it's always Pattaya that gets bashed. 

The same story over and over. It is not the police initiating the raids and clamping down- it ie the Army and Administrative officers acting on behalf of the Central Government that is pushing out the sex business. They do not care if it also pushe out any of the Western tourists. The sex industry is under siege and will remain so. It is not just Pattaya. Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy are on borrowed time. The old days are over and the old Pattaya and Bangkok are changing and it is not going to stop.

The smart owners will make the adjustment- the ones who don't believe it will go broke.

The same story over and over. It is not the police initiating the raids and clamping down- it ie the Army and Administrative officers acting on behalf of the Central Government that is pushing out the sex business. They do not care if it also pushe out any of the Western tourists. The sex industry is under siege and will remain so. It is not just Pattaya. Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy are on borrowed time. The old days are over and the old Pattaya and Bangkok are changing and it is not going to stop.
The smart owners will make the adjustment- the ones who don't believe it will go broke.

I think you're being overly pessimistic. The bars in Nana Plaza, Cowboy, Patpong and on Walking Street tend to be run professionally and stick to the rules. Soi 6 in Pattaya has always been an anomaly due to its in-house facilities.

Not pessimistic- realistic. Walking Street is involved in an ongoing fight regarding encroachment that the 'occupiers' are losing and it won't be long before they are expelled.

Nana Plaza and Cowboy are sitting on prime property that is worth much more than the owners will ever get from renting their land as the bar market cannot raise prices to pay the increased rent because they will have no business. The laand owners know this and they will take a developers offer and that will be the end of both sections. Walking Street is in a similar state. Money always talks - the bars walk.

30 minutes ago, nakhonandy said:

I live there and from what I have seen most tourists do not come for the sex. A lot come because it's a fun place and a good base to explore  other areas. 

Even single men/women come here for things other than the sex. Loads of families these days also. 

Of course there are sex tourists, I can think of three big areas in Bangkok that are no different but it's always Pattaya that gets bashed. 

Most tourists do not come for sex  :cheesy:

On january 3rd three friends of mine ( not seen them for 6 years) came to Thailand for 3 weeks holiday.

2 weeks in Pattaya, i week here in Issan, staying at our home.

They never arrived. When asked why  !! to busy bonking in Pattaya !! sorry no time to visit.

Not pessimistic- realistic. Walking Street is involved in an ongoing fight regarding encroachment that the 'occupiers' are losing and it won't be long before they are expelled.
Nana Plaza and Cowboy are sitting on prime property that is worth much more than the owners will ever get from renting their land as the bar market cannot raise prices to pay the increased rent because they will have no business. The laand owners know this and they will take a developers offer and that will be the end of both sections. Walking Street is in a similar state. Money always talks - the bars walk.

Such rumours have been around for years!