Any Hobbies?

tukkytuktuk

I spend too much time in front of the PC .  And all the hobbies are inside it :wink:

But apart from that I enjoy walking , bicycling, metal detecting on the beach , football (soccer), travelling around Thailand with my car, etc . 

Edited by balo

26 minutes ago, lungnorm said:

Really who retires to Thailand and is in need of advice to take up a hobby. Should have stayed home in your dreary country where you cannot get a decent woman.

What's your non dreary country where the birds are fighting to get at you...?

22 hours ago, transam said:

What's your non dreary country where the birds are fighting to get at you...?

I am not actually looking for a woman as I have found a good one that looks after me like you would not believe.

2 minutes ago, Sandy Freckle said:

I hope none of my colleagues read this.....,

Actually that sounds like good fun.....Now a wee story....Must have been 1954, old guy who lived in a house behind ours, family knew him, he had a model railway running round his dining room powered by steam............:shock1:

Actually after a few cold frosties the Casy Jones hat comes out..., woo woooo !

..., and old mate down the road is into model car racing..., Scaletrix or some such..., now thats really a hoot after a few coldies !

Edited by Sandy Freckle

On 28/02/2017 at 5:28 PM, lungnorm said:

Really who retires to Thailand and is in need of advice to take up a hobby. Should have stayed home in your dreary country where you cannot get a decent woman.

Really mate, why bother coming to this topic and waste everyone's time with a lousy post like that?

Tukky is laid-up at the moment and just killing time.

Interesting to know what people get up to.

What about you, what you doing here to keep sane?

Try joining in instead of slagging-off.

Edited by grollies

3 hours ago, grollies said:

Really mate, why bother coming to this topic and waste everyone's time with a lousy post like that?

Tukky is laid-up at the moment and just killing time.

Interesting to know what people get up to.

What about you, what you doing here to keep sane?

Try joining in instead of slagging-off.

Hi Grollies ,  I hope that Tukky gets well soon . This TV forum is a godsend to many folks ,  inasmuch that it is both a way of communication , daily chats , entertainment & good advice .  Little things can mean a lot to some people , everyone has a story to tell and though we do not always agree on opinions of topics it is that which inspires conversation  & debate .

All for free , can't be bad 

5 hours ago, lungnorm said:

I am not actually looking for a woman as I have found a good one that looks after me like you would not believe.

If she looks after you so well how come your all bent out of shape over a forum discussion about hobbies?

I am allergic to cats but fascinated by them and have been for about 7 years. I love their independence. When I visit my folks in the UK the only thing that keeps me from cracking up is their Cat Casper. 

All my hobbies involved sports but having knees like mine I was warned at 16 to pack it all in or be on 2 wheels by 40. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2017 at 10:32 PM, Rc2702 said:

I am allergic to cats but fascinated by them and have been for about 7 years. I love their independence. When I visit my folks in the UK the only thing that keeps me from cracking up is their Cat Casper. 

All my hobbies involved sports but having knees like mine I was warned at 16 to pack it all in or be on 2 wheels by 40. 

Cycling is a great hobby.  I'm sorely, and in my opinion prematurely, afflicted with arthritis, but I can cycle 100 km better than I can walk 2 km

SC