Six policemen sacked on charge of embezzling seized drug for reselling

snoop1130

Six policemen sacked on charge of embezzling seized drug for reselling

By The Nation

Six policemen of Bangkok's Bovornmongkol Police Station have been dismissed from civil service while the investigation into their alleged wrongdoing of failing to submit the seized drugs to the police's evidence storage after making a drug bust, Metropolitan Police commissioner Pol Lt-General Sanit Mahathaworn said on Friday.

The six officers were also accused of selling the drug back to pushers to sell on Bangkok streets, Sanit added.

Samit also signed a temporary transfer order for the six policemen's two bosses, Bovornmongkol superintendent Pol Colonel Wiradol Tabtimdee and inspector Pol Lt Colonel Suparap Phetcharat. The two were seconded to inactive posts at the Metropolital Police Bureau for 30 days from Friday onward.

Full Story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30307139

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-2-24

“Six policemen sacked…”

Translation for those new to Thailand. They have been transferred to posts where they will be unable to shake down honest and not so honest citizens. This is not a result of doing something illegal. This is a result of not sharing their ill gotten booty with their superiors. If they don't grease the wheels, they go nowhere.

I don't understand why the foreigners behind it all haven't been arrested?

If we aren't responsible yet, I am sure the finger of blame is destined to swing our way soon.

After all, we are behind pretty much every other problem I have heard of this week.

The Thai logic will probably make no more sense than any of the other ludicrous utterings of late, but if the blame can be laid, I am sure it will be.

BTW, the suspects will be easy to spot. They will be the only farang here without a suitcase full of knock off goods.

Edited by darksidedog

34 minutes ago, buick said:

this isn't possible.  i'm sure these guys were set up !!!

Totally Agree

Not our superior BIB its those Farangs again nasty people we should send them all to?

You get what you pay for and that here is not alot

Edited by wakeupplease

Declare 1 day a month '' tar and feather a dishonest police'' in every town in this country.  The locals see a dishonest act, round up a group and proceed with the messy job and escourt policeman out of town. Would not be impolite to inform the policeman if said individual shows his face in town again the process will be repeated and he will be knee capped.

Must have not given a suitable back hander to their boss.  This is normal for RTP or for that matter any establishment within Thailand. The corrupt are completely corrupt to try and cheat their boss out of their corrupt earnings. Goes all the way to the very top of Thai society. Will not stop until you cut the head off the snake.

15 hours ago, jaltsc said:

“Six policemen sacked…”

Translation for those new to Thailand. They have been transferred to posts where they will be unable to shake down honest and not so honest citizens. This is not a result of doing something illegal. This is a result of not sharing their ill gotten booty with their superiors. If they don't grease the wheels, they go nowhere.

Translation for those who CAN read, 6 police officers have been DISMISSED from the civil service and 2 of their bosses have been posted to inactive posts.

Sacking them and transferring there superiors to inactive posts. Maybe a small step

in the right direction. In the past the superiors wold have no punishment and the

criminal policemen would have been transferred. :whistling:

2 hours ago, muzmurray said:

Translation for those who CAN read, 6 police officers have been DISMISSED from the civil service and 2 of their bosses have been posted to inactive posts.

Well, I can read and I read that it could in fact be a  temporary dismissal as it actually says "dismissed while the investigation (continues)".