No visa on New Passport

Guys

I got my passport renewed and brought it to Immigration HQ to transfer my permanent residency visa to my new passport and add new passport number to blue residency book. After that I was going to proceed to police station to replace my passport number to new one.

Then I was told by an immigration officer that I do not need to do so. There is no such permanent visa stamp to transfer in my old passport and no passport number in blue book. I would need to notify police if I change domicile address but unless that I don't even need to report to police station either.

So I got no visa on my new passport.

It must be so as all other officer there say same. But a bit too hard to believe.

If you have PR and passport renewed, please assure me.

Is it so?

Immigration is correct.

In reality since you have permanent residency you don't even need to have a valid passport. Your residency is proven by the book allows you to stay in the country.

Only if you had a valid non quota immigrant visa/re-entry permit in your passport would there be anything to transfer.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration is correct.

In reality since you have permanent residency you don't even need to have a valid passport. Your residency is proven by the book allows you to stay in the country.

Only if you had a valid non quota immigrant visa/re-entry permit in your passport would there be anything to transfer.

They don't even transfer the endorsement/re-entry stamps. You need to travel with both the old and new passports.