Swampy tonight.

Came through at about 6pm. Was expecting mayhem as the flight was delayed due to 'conjestion' so we had to 'slow down' as it was explained.

Imm' had maybe 7 or 8 waiting at each booth that was open so was only a 10 min' max wait.

Quite a few were being asked about hotel bookings etc. One guy was asked for some sort of hotel booking as he had no address written, just Hotel, was still being held up when I went through.

• Like 1

Seems no pattern. My usual flight is BA9 which now gets in at about 09:30ish, i'm always in Biz so have Pri Pass but at this time seldom have to use it.

What I do notice when it isn't busy is that with a good history of TH travel the immigration officers take more time to ask questions and be more thorough. BUT at the same time they seem to be more friendly and polite too.

I flew a friend over here to visit me early Feb and put her on EVA Prem Eco but gave her a Pri Lane Pass to use, her flight got in at 4pm-ish and she said the normal immigration channels were super busy but Pri Lane she stepped up with no queue.

I experienced the same when I came in Jan 2nd on Cathay at around 6pm and normal lines were not too busy but Pri Lane was empty.

I have never booked my hotel in advance. a few times I had an email correspondence but I always just look around and see the place and my room before I pay.  I travel light with just a carry on.  How much proof or evidence of booking do they need or are they looking for?  I guess I can jot down the name and address of a few places.  But I hope they don't expect to hold me to that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

I have never booked my hotel in advance. a few times I had an email correspondence but I always just look around and see the place and my room before I pay.  I travel light with just a carry on.  How much proof or evidence of booking do they need or are they looking for?  I guess I can jot down the name and address of a few places.  But I hope they don't expect to hold me to that.

This is grouns for refusal of entrance in many countries.

Try going to Russia or the US and doing this...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

It's a bit like the wait time, changes all the time. Sometimes no questions sometimes they have lots of questions. Sometimes they check every page sometimes they don't.

11 hours ago, overherebc said:

What I have noticed and it's strange is that when it's busy my hip seems to hurt more than usual and makes my limp very obvious. When it's noticed I get sent to the priority lane. It stays really bad until I get to the car and then it seems to ease quite a lot. Amazing, isn't it.!!!

Do you use handicap parking too?

• Like 2

No big deal they started inforcing the address where you are staying a year ago. I used to come in and report hotel  but later just said visiting friends. A friend told them last year he was visiting me, they asked for my address. He couldn't remember so they called me and I gave them my address over the phone.

12 hours ago, overherebc said:

What I have noticed and it's strange is that when it's busy my hip seems to hurt more than usual and makes my limp very obvious. When it's noticed I get sent to the priority lane. It stays really bad until I get to the car and then it seems to ease quite a lot. Amazing, isn't it.!!!

A bone scan of your hip area  and pelvic area  is recommended.  They may have degenerated and are near the breaking point from lack of calcium. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, coppywriter said:

I genuinely have a mobility problem, when they see my walking stick I get taken everywhere in a wheelchair, priority all the way. I am very grateful for this free service as I really need it.

My biggest problem comes from standing not actually walking. If I am standing for more than 5 minutes it does become quite painful. Having a baggage trolly helps but it is not allowed at the times I really need it.

• Like 1

They simply just want everyone to fill out an address on the arrival card. So many people fuss over this. Just put down the name of ANY hotel if you don't have one yet, MAYBE you will be staying there. Just do it!  They sometimes have staff in the lines now to make sure you do this. One of the reasons is it holds up everybody when you wait to get to the imm officer and he also kind of gets pissed off to wait for you. The other reason is you must fill it in. 

Happened to the guy in front of me at immigration coming into Swampy Tues.

She said he needed to put address, he said he didn't know which hotel yet, she repeated he needed to put address, he said "Hyatt ? ", she smiled and said "okay "

Moral of the story:

If you don't have an address make one up and fill it in to alleviate the immigration queue/line. !!

Sent from my iPhone with the usual amount of sincerity and sarcasm [emoji4]

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, gamini said:

So what is the problem with this. My wife had to show hotel booking to get her UK Visa

It's not a problem nor is it a complaint. It's just information being put out that might help people to have an easier time going through airport Imm'.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, islandgirljenny said:

Just flew out through Suvarnabhumi a few days ago, the entrance requirement for the Priority Lane for immigration (if you're not a monk or disabled or in business class) is age 70.  I turn 68 this year, so I'm looking forward to that!

I'll beat you by a year.??

I tend to be a creature of habit and stay in the same places. When I e-mail a hotel I have stayed at before

about a reservation/deposit the have always  told me it was not necessary as I was a welcome, returning

customer. For condos I have rented and am returning to I have the address but once I did not have it

quite fully correct. It looked good to me with the name, city, street etcetera but was missing the Moo and

numbers. I was questioned about the full correct address at the counter but that is all I could give the girl.

After about 90 seconds going back and forth she wanting a complete address I insisting she had enough

she sent me on my way. I would suggest everyone provide a full address. Weather it is correct

or not is not important. That said you may as well copy it down from the hotel/condo website. They can get

quite particular at immigration from time to time.

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

My biggest problem comes from standing not actually walking. If I am standing for more than 5 minutes it does become quite painful. Having a baggage trolly helps but it is not allowed at the times I really need it.

I also can't stand for long either, so when I go to check in I go past the line and straight to the front where that airlines customer desk is (next to check in desk)

I request "wheelchair assistance" and within a few minutes a guy arrives with a wheelchair whilst the check in agent is dealing with my stuff.

From then on in the guy takes me wherever I need to go and then to the gate, when boarding time is up he returns to take me to the plane.

At the other end someone is there again with a chair to take me through immigration etc and to the taxi rank. It's a great service for those like me that need it,  but please don't abuse it.

Edited by coppywriter
typo correction
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Kabula said:

A bone scan of your hip area  and pelvic area  is recommended.  They may have degenerated and are near the breaking point from lack of calcium. 

Most helpful post of the bunch. From malingering accusations to medical help its all here. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ukrules said:

This is grouns for refusal of entrance in many countries.

Try going to Russia or the US and doing this...

I took my  Thai wife to Vegas.  I did not pre-book a hotel but put down the address of the Bellagio - the poshest, least affordable one I could think of.