Swampy tonight.

17 hours ago, overherebc said:

What I have noticed and it's strange is that when it's busy my hip seems to hurt more than usual and makes my limp very obvious. When it's noticed I get sent to the priority lane. It stays really bad until I get to the car and then it seems to ease quite a lot. Amazing, isn't it.!!!

Once I got talking to the young lady checking landing cards had been filled in. A French couple behind me didn't even have cards! So she asked me to explain and get them to fill them. Then she noticed my address and said she lived near. All very nice. Then she touched my arm and ushered me, closely followed by the French couple to the priority lane - the sign at that time said pregnant ladies, monks and over 70's. The French were in their 20's and she didn't look preggers; I ain't a monk so..................... 

Had a hard life!

4 hours ago, flyingdoc said:

Working in Anti-aging Medicine (AAM), you may look far younger than 70 and get refused for the Priority Lane !  Do you then admit to being older,  or smirk over the fact that no-one can believe your actual age?!  (Actual occurrence at Swampy !)

So you're the other one it happens to.  ?

6 hours ago, coppywriter said:

I genuinely have a mobility problem, when they see my walking stick I get taken everywhere in a wheelchair, priority all the way. I am very grateful for this free service as I really need it.

I got off a plane somewhere in southeast asia recently (honestly cant remember where) and deplaned with tons of Indian nationals. There were no less than 30 wheelchairs lined up inside the airport waiting for dozens of feeble walking Indians that were flopping into the chairs one by one. The attendants were actually running the chairs back and forth from immigration to the plane making several trips as there were so many people "incapable" of walking. I never been to India but people do walk there right??  And what were all these cripples going to do after leaving the airport?  I'm calling BS on this priority crap.

Edited by ThaiWai
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThaiWai said:

I got off a plane somewhere in southeast asia recently (honestly cant remember where) and deplaned with tons of Indian nationals. There were no less than 30 wheelchairs lined up inside the airport waiting for dozens of feeble walking Indians that were flopping into the chairs one by one. The attendants were actually running the chairs back and forth from immigration to the plane making several trips as there were so many people "incapable" of walking. I never been to India but people do walk there right??  And what were all these cripples going to do after leaving the airport?  I'm calling BS on this priority crap.

As I said before "please don't abuse this service" but it's not BS, I could not travel without it..... I hope you never have the experience of being hindered by a sickness that affects your mobility, it's very unpleasant and a bit embarrassing having to be wheeled about.

21 hours ago, overherebc said:

What I have noticed and it's strange is that when it's busy my hip seems to hurt more than usual and makes my limp very obvious. When it's noticed I get sent to the priority lane. It stays really bad until I get to the car and then it seems to ease quite a lot. Amazing, isn't it.!!!

You probably park in handicap parking places to.

11 minutes ago, Gillyflower said:

The Embassy in Paris wouldn't give me a 60 day visa, if I didn't show proof of an hotel booking.  Not quite the same thing I know, but the idea is there.

Are you a French citizen? That's new to me.

Just now, Lannig said:

Hmm, thanks for the heads up.

Do they require something that shows that you've actually pre-paid for it?

I didn't have to show that I paid (I didn't) but I had to give them a paper from my GH saying that I had a booking  from 'here to then'.  My GH got the French email address all wrong,, so it finally was a fax.  But same difference.

I surmise they are told to somewhat step up their questioning of the tourist arrivals some times ..sort of done on a on and off basis.

Just an inconvenience....no worry really.

However....When they are throwing fire crackers at your feet and shouting: Dance Little Sister Dance ....then you may want to be concerned...lol

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 1:01 PM, ukrules said:

This is grouns for refusal of entrance in many countries.

Try going to Russia or the US and doing this...

I understand what some countries require, and those that do, I don't visit.  Heck I have been scammed enough here in the USA, I certainly try to minimize the chances for that happening overseas, and Thailand is sadly a bit notorious for changing bookings, not providing the type of room agreed upon, saving the worst room for last (the one over the main road or the parking lot, etc.). So I pay when I see it.