White House bars some news organisations from briefing

rooster59

Just now, Andaman Al said:

3-4 years ago we had "elected Politicians", if a newspaper were to report anything bad about a politician they would be sued. Trials for Defamation and Libel in this country are criminal offences and not only have large fines but include jail terms. So yes, I am serious. Think about things a little more deeply before keyboard stomping.

and today you claim they are freer to report?  unbelievable! any credibility you had has drifted away 

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Thailand 3-4 years ago?  are you serious?  what about TODAY?  3-4 years ago the media was relatively FREE here now there is absolute control and adjustment camps

I think I will ask you again as well.

Can you please post those three recent lies you claim were published by CNN, together with substantiation here?

My offer still stands to swap you that for three recent and clearly substantiated lies that Donald Trump told, out loud, with his mouth parts. 

36 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

And that is how people spin !  You were not 'hounded' to provide proof that CNN were "capable" of lying. YOU said that CNN continually come out with Bile and Lies ABOUT TRUMP! You were asked to list some of the lies ABOUT TRUMP to substantiate your claims. So far you have still failed to do that. This should not involve any time spent in research or scouring google. If you can say that CNN are spouting Lies and bile about Trump then clearly examples of this must be in your mind for you to reach such a conclusion, if reaching that conclusion is in an educated process. The fact can only be that you have no such examples in mind and you have fallen woefully short in trying to find any. You are just spouting the mindless Trump supporter rhetoric.

Tell us some lies that CNN have told about Trump. Banter and inaccuracies from an independent rating organisation about viewer ratings do not fall in line with your claims. Please tell us the lies that you claim CNN have told about TRUMP.

Now these Headlines are FAKE NEWS

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/08/17/breitbart-news-worst-headlines/212467

All written by BREITBART under the tenure of Steve Bannon. Read the list and tell me it does not make you wince. THIS is fake news from an organisation that Trump just praised for 'good reporting' and the man who wrote the headlines in now the most senior White House advisor to Trump. Trump is now even taking 'advisory calls' from Alex Jones of Info Wars fame.

I don't think CNN will whine for long. I hope they go in to fifth gear with some good investigative journalism and make Trump eat his own s*** sandwich. There is enough dirt out there on him to do that. Tax returns, Bigotry, Sexual assault, Russian mattresses as well as everything else Russian.

I just looked at that. The top headline features a story about a person they call a "Renegade Jew". That is not exactly something I expected to see from the propaganda mouthpiece of a politician who this week referred to himself as "the least anti-Semitic person that you've ever seen in your entire life".

3 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

and today you claim they are freer to report?  unbelievable! any credibility you had has drifted away 

Thailand has always had restrictions on reporting, today it is no worse than the past and due to easier access and social media these days it is harder for them to suppress so much so yes, today it is freer. 

10 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Thailand has always had restrictions on reporting, today it is no worse than the past and due to easier access and social media these days it is harder for them to suppress so much so yes, today it is freer. 

Surprising you would say that with attitude adjustment camps, censored news and next the single gateway (+ bans on gatherings, demos and elections) but I guess we all tailor what we see as 'reality' to fit our own bias. I'd be interested if your own country implemented these things if you'd be so generous  lol 

21 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Cut and paste one item or line from my posts that says the press today are freer to report. I was citing an example of elected politicians who use suppression of the press for financial gain. Now quote me anywhere I said press today in Thailand are freer. You see what you have done, just like with the claims of CNN spouting bile and lies about Trump  you are just making it up.

You won't be able to cut and paste anything that will endorse your statement above, so you could simply apologise I guess. Is that a step too big though?

Edited by Andaman Al

Just now, Andaman Al said:

Cut and paste one item or line from my posts that says the press today are freer to report. I was citing an example of elected politicians who use suppression of the press for financial gain. Now quote me anywhere I said press today in Thailand are freer. You see what you have done, just like with the claims of CNN spouting bile and lies about Trump  you are just making it up.

you said '3-4 years ago' inferring, to anyone who had a basic brain, that now they are more free

if I have misunderstood you I apologise - so now you are agreeing today they are less free than 3-4 years ago - we have found common ground

you said '3-4 years ago' inferring, to anyone who had a basic brain, that now they are more free

if I have misunderstood you I apologise - so now you are agreeing today they are less free than 3-4 years ago - we have found common ground

You are falling into your own CNN trap. He never mentioned the "press" being more free.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

2 hours ago, sujoop said:

which is NOT predicated on ONLY which news YOU or your demagogue President deems fit:

The president and his staff selecting who's allowed to attend POTUS press conferences  is not a new thing. 

Edited by Rob13

4 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

You are falling into your own CNN trap. He never mentioned the "press" being more free.

" 3-4 years ago we had "elected Politicians", if a newspaper were to report anything bad about a politician they would be sued. Trials for Defamation and Libel in this country are criminal offences and not only have large fines but include jail terms. "

3-4 year ago...  inferring it doesn't happen NOW - it was in the 'past'

9 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Still can't post those three substantiated examples of CNN telling lies here?

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:
" 3-4 years ago we had "elected Politicians", if a newspaper were to report anything bad about a politician they would be sued. Trials for Defamation and Libel in this country are criminal offences and not only have large fines but include jail terms. "

Did you quote the wrong poster? Never posted anything about that. Fake news?

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

Those media outlets have installed themselves as  king makers of people lives and careers for far too long and with impunity, with their ink they can make or brake and ruin someone's life, time that someone will put them in their right places,

Lucky that Trump is Always truth and respectful when he put up his shows

2 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

Did you quote the wrong poster? Never posted anything about that. Fake news?

19 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Cut and paste one item or line from my posts that says the press today are freer to report. I was citing an example of elected politicians who use suppression of the press for financial gain. Now quote me anywhere I said press today in Thailand are freer. You see what you have done, just like with the claims of CNN spouting bile and lies about Trump  you are just making it up.

wasn't quoting you Alan and thought I'd found some common ground with the other guy - never mind have a nice evening

I have some common ground with you. If the press is going to quote do it word for word, when I went to school that is what a quote meant. Context is important as well. After reporting the quote the left or right biased media is welcome to put their spin on it.

11 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

My understanding is that Thailand currently lacks elected politicians.

1 hour ago, ourmanflint said:

I am not personally worried, but big news sites like the BBC should not be repeating Twitter gossip as fact. It's gone beyond ridiculous during the past year. 

The press is to be held to higher standards than POTUS? Or should they just avoid quoting Trump's Tweeter messages?

4 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

an 'unnamed source familiar with the matter' told me that you have not understood that I am NOT a Trump supporter but I value truth and have already given you one example but here's another:

on Inauguration Day CNN claimed:

"According to Nielsen cumulative numbers, 34 million people watched CNN's inauguration day coverage on television. 34 million watched Fox News," the CNN communications account said in a tweet[.]

but it was a lie

Noon to 12:30 p.m. (oath of office and inaugural address):

CNN: 3.375 million total viewers

Fox News: 11.768 million total viewers

11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

CNN: 3.047 million total viewers

Fox News: 10.483 million total viewers

1 p.m. to 5 p.m.

CNN: 2.326 million total viewers

Fox News: 7.901 million total viewers

Primetime (8 p.m. to 11 p.m.)

CNN: 4.528 million total viewers

Fox News: 6.958 million total viewers

But don't let facts get in the way of your 'CNN is pure' story. I have no time to research more just observe their political commentaries. 

You didn't provide a credible link for this.  I don't see this as fake unless you read the click bait websites.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2017/01/trump-inauguration-sees-tv-viewership-decline-from-2009-233972

Donald Trump’s inauguration as president on Friday was a TV event, with approximately 30.6 million people tuning in to watch, however, viewership was down from President Obama’s first inauguration in 2009, which averaged nearly 38 million viewers.

The ratings provided by Nielsen do not include anyone that may have streamed the coverage online, nor do they include anyone that may have watched on channels like C-SPAN. Millions more people probably tuned in when factoring viewership fro those sources, though data was not immediately available. Final numbers will come in on Monday.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer said that Donald Trump's inauguration was the most viewed in history.

NIELSEN RATINGS

Ronald Reagan’s inauguration in 1981 was (and as of this writing still is) the record holder for TV viewership in absolute numbers, with 41.8 million total television viewers tuning in. In 2009, 37.8 million viewers watched the inauguration of Barack Obama via that medium. According to the Nielsen Company, the TV viewership for Donald Trump’s inauguration (31 million) did not surpass either of those figures.

Trump’s 2017 inauguration ranks fifth in terms of television viewership: More people tuned in for the second inauguration of Richard Nixon, the inauguration of Jimmy Carter, the first inauguration of Ronald Reagan, and the first inauguration of Barack Obama.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

How do you decide which news to believe? The one which happens to coincide with your views perhaps?

How independent is the media these days?

All media spin. On instructions from their owners, passed down through the editors. Pushing their agenda with no concern for right and wrong, or decency, or fairness, or bias.

“Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”

― Benjamin Franklin

19 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

I have some common ground with you. If the press is going to quote do it word for word, when I went to school that is what a quote meant. Context is important as well. After reporting the quote the left or right biased media is welcome to put their spin on it.

agreed 100%  and I have been playing Devil's Advocate a bit too - let's hope it all pans out - now off to get a nice glass of red - in the main an interesting debate - good luck to all

2 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

agreed 100%  and I have been playing Devil's Advocate a bit too - let's hope it all pans out - now off to get a nice glass of red - in the main an interesting debate - good luck to all

The press is not unbiased.  Some are biased to the right and some to the left, some even attack both sides in the hope of appearing neutral.  Giving access to all is the best way for people to be able to find their own balance.  Enjoy your glass of red, I have a few hours to wait for mine 

The more I read and think about Trump and his actions the more I see 1930's Germany and the rise of the Nazis with the only mayor difference that Trump blames everything on the Muslims while Hitler blamed everything on the Jews... that are today backing Trump!

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

Not at all, The item you quoted was my approval of truthful editorial. If CNN was to produce something truthful about Trump I would applaud that as well.

Here's a truthful piece they reported on Trump!  LOL

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/22/politics/donald-trump-approval-rating-quinnipiac-poll/index.html

Poll: Trump's approval rating continues to dip

An example of what Trump considers fake news would be when Meryl Streep condemned him for mocking a disabled reporter  Never happened he said, fake news.

Fox News tried to bat it away with a short montage of footage which they say shows him doing the same actions to other people without a disability. They would also no doubt claim that walking looks the same as running but at a slow speed.