Many constructions are left half finished since Russians left . very sad.

swissmaninthailand

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:57 AM, Henryford said:

> "I live in a 3 year old condo in Naklua.  The word is it is 70% vacant.  It is very well maintained.  Very clean and quiet.  I rarely here another door open on my floor, the 21st floor.  it's like having a private floor with a million dollar view.  Hard to beat."

You won't be saying that when only 20% are paying their maintenance fees and there is no money for cleaning or security.

Why 20%? It's been said many times: when some condo units are not yet sold, it's the promotor/constructor (?) who pay the maintenance fee for vacant units.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Why 20%? It's been said many times: when some condo units are not yet sold, it's the promotor/constructor (?) who pay the maintenance fee for vacant units.

They should pay the fee. Unfortunately in many such buildings the developer is also the building management and the Juristic Person Manager. Who is responsible for ensuring that common fees are billed and collected? The JPM. One can see the conflict of interests.

I think it is vitally important that developers be removed from all aspects of management as soon as possible, and that a proper, honest and independent JPM be installed (good luck finding one: I never have).

They should pay the fee. Unfortunately in many such buildings the developer is also the building management and the Juristic Person Manager. Who is responsible for ensuring that common fees are billed and collected? The JPM. One can see the conflict of interests.

I think it is vitally important that developers be removed from all aspects of management as soon as possible, and that a proper, honest and independent JPM be installed (good luck finding one: I never have).
Are JPMs always Thai? Usually an owner? I'm thinking once the developer etc has been kicked out

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Are JPMs always Thai? Usually an owner? I'm thinking once the developer etc has been kicked out

The JPM can be anyone, co-owner or not. However it is a real job with real responsibilities and so a farang would probably not be eligible unless he had a work permit. A farang on a retirement extension would certainly not be eligible as far as I can see. Some buildings employ professional JPMs who get paid a proper salary, in other buildings someone from the management company may do the job for an extra fee or as part of the management fee, in other buildings it is done by a Thai co-owner for free or for a fee.

If (and it is a massive if) your management company is honest and competent then it's probably best to let them do it.

Either way the JPM should be elected by co-owner vote at a GM.

• 6 months later...
On 09/08/2017 at 12:10 PM, teddog said:

new one on me, Im in heart of Naklua,up market estate and cannot sell for love or money, everything(virtually for rent/sale)  nothing doing.

That monster Pattaya Posh in Naklua is wiped out as far as I can see,hardly anybody there,  possibly 10% sold,anyway your own post a couple of hours ago gives the game away '70% empty'  that sounds really good.  You are not looking at future purchases but blight,the developers are not going to be picking up the tab for maintenance indefinitely

Went to PP today.  80% sold.  40% to Chinese.  They will open in April.

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

I can just see the Chinese paying their maintenance fees he he. They don't even do that in China.

It seems this place is smarter.

They ask for 18 months fees in advance.

I actually like the property a lot.  Very nice higher end.  Beautiful pool and nice gym.

But I am living in China town now at The Base.  I fear PP will turn.

On another note, these new places would be in dire straits w/o the Chinese buying them up.

58 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

Since when ?   

I have always paid my owners share annually, after the AGM  meeting,  when the budget is passed 

You make me doubt, but looking on Google, every specialized website speaks about "monthly maintenance fee"

https://www.phuketcondo.net/maintenance-fee/

https://www.thaicontracts.com/miscellaneous-content/78-condominium-apartment-management-and-maintenance-fees.html

https://www.samuiforsale.com/condominium/condo-fees-maintenance-fees-common-expenses-of-the-condominium.html

... "each owner shall pay the expenses of juristic condominium in advance (monthly fees)"

My understanding is that every month the Condominium must publish its provisional monthly budget and every owner must pay his part. To make it easier, usually 11 months with the same amount and the last month to regularize the yearly budget.

Can't find it now, but pretty sure I read that if a Condo can ask for exceptional payment (decided at the AGM) it cannot ask for early payment of CAM fee more than 1 month.

Edited by Pattaya46

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Ha, OK.   I am not buying but they showed me the contract regarding this.

They actually gave me the total cost for 18 months at 500 b per month per sq. mtr.

I think you meant 50 baht per month which is still on the high end of monthly fees. Typically, monthly fees are billed annually. 

21 minutes ago, ThaiBob said:

I think you meant 50 baht per month which is still on the high end of monthly fees. Typically, monthly fees are billed annually. 

Crap, yes 50 sorry.

With the 40% Chinese buying maybe they feel there will be a problem so they want 18 months in advance.  I don't know.

Anyway, I did not know there were so many fees involved in a purchase.  Of course, escrow fees in western countries are high so it figures I guess.

1 hour ago, tolsti said:

50thb per sqm is a pretty reasonable fee //

Many would disagree. I would for sure.

There are many well managed condos in Pattaya where the fee is half of that.

50 baht/sqm/month seems to me to be among the few most expensive condos.

I thought it was clear that all condo maintenance fees had to be paid annually in advance. Most condos give you one month to pay and warnings after that. If not paid after 6 months interest fees are applied. 50 baht sq m is too much. Does the JPM drive a Merc?

46 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I thought it was clear that all condo maintenance fees had to be paid annually in advance. 

And where did you see that please ?

In my condo in Pattaya I pay this fee monthly...

55 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I thought it was clear that all condo maintenance fees had to be paid annually in advance. Most condos give you one month to pay and warnings after that. If not paid after 6 months interest fees are applied. 50 baht sq m is too much. Does the JPM drive a Merc?

The Base and other newer properties are the same at 50. 

I know its another country but for the quality of the facilities it seems inexpensive to me.  Maybe high for here.

If a place like Pattaya Posh was in lets say Los Angeles, it would be $700 a month not $60. 

Edited by bkk6060

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:50 PM, bkk6060 said:

Went to PP today.  80% sold.  40% to Chinese.  They will open in April.

Speaking as an outsider that has only stayed for a month in a Pattaya condo, if a place is 40 % owned by people that don't live in the country, either the place is going to be very quiet most of the time and insane at holidays, or they are going to be renting to short timers that have no vested interest in behaving well. Neither scenario seems attractive.

Someone remarked that if the Chinese weren't buying, the condo market would be in strife, and while that may be true, is it just a symptom of the larger problem that LOS just isn't an attractive retirement option for farangs any longer? That is a real shame, because LOS should be the premium retirement for farangs. It has everything that a farang could want, but somewhere along the way, the train fell off the tracks.

• Like 1