Social attitude question

flipper2222222

Did i read that right? A op said that Muslims "do believe in Christ???"

They dont! He is mentioned in the Koran as a teacher and a good man, but they do not believe in him as the son of Christ,  as all good Christians do.They believe in God, as we do, but in their belief, the world should still be in the world of God, 2000 years ago.And the call him Allah. their belief's are nothing like ours, Their's is a belief, in cruelty,death,subjugation,Owning women, sex with children,death of homosexuals,They follow the commandments to the extreme, and their extreme is Sharia Law.These are the scum of the Earth and need to be eradicated. The world is free religion,  not forced religion and the belief that all non believers should be killed.If Abraham had sacrificed Ishmael to God, when he had the chance, all this would never had happened,and the middle east would not have had the wars it has had.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upcountry where we live, there are VERY few muslims. They mind their own business and don't bother anyone. They don't hide their faces and only wear head scarves and mostly black clothes. My wife sees no problem chatting with the women at the market. One family in particular sells beef at a small shop. And yes they don't eat pork. My wife has no problem with the muslims not eating pork because she herself will not eat beef. Her not eating beef has nothing to do with religion. She regards cattle and buffalo as the same. She says the Thai people owe everything to the cattle and buffalo because they worked hard to till the land for raising crops to feed the people.

My wife is a devout Buddhist except for her attitude toward the southern muslims. She is in favor of killing all the troublemakers. The ones that don't cause any problems are fine.

1 hour ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Did i read that right? A op said that Muslims "do believe in Christ???"

They dont! He is mentioned in the Koran as a teacher and a good man, but they do not believe in him as the son of Christ,  as all good Christians do.They believe in God, as we do, but in their belief, the world should still be in the world of God, 2000 years ago.And the call him Allah. their belief's are nothing like ours, Their's is a belief, in cruelty,death,subjugation,Owning women, sex with children,death of homosexuals,They follow the commandments to the extreme, and their extreme is Sharia Law.These are the scum of the Earth and need to be eradicated. The world is free religion,  not forced religion and the belief that all non believers should be killed.If Abraham had sacrificed Ishmael to God, when he had the chance, all this would never had happened,and the middle east would not have had the wars it has had.

Firstly, they believe in God as 'I do', not 'we'. Also 'mine', not 'ours'..don't make a generalisation that everyone on here is Christian. I thought that Christians follow the New Testament these days...you know love each other no matter of your beliefs, treat everyone how you want to be treated bla bla. Judging by this comment you must follow the Old Testament...which says a lot of the same things that you just mentioned ironically. Funny how things work out in the world. I have been to a supposed Muslim Insurgency city (Yala), and as an Atheist I was welcomed into the Mosque, I was welcomed into the community. Cant say the same about some of the Christian places I have attended. So let's stop the emotive crap and talk a bit more naturally - rather than how your radicalised minister taught you to speak lol. There is nutters in all religions (you being one of them) that take things to the extreme. A lot of people believe when Israel returns, Christ will return for example. Look at the blood shed that has caused. 

11 hours ago, Trevor1809 said:

I suppose most of us should consider ourselves lucky that we can openly discuss this sort of thing without the fear of the religous police knocking on our doors.

Oh dam there's some Jehovah witnesses at the gate. :biggrin:

Wildewillie89

Lets get one thig straight, you have obviously read, but misunderstood my post.

I am not a religious nutter. In fact my mother was jewish, but i do not relate to any of the testaments.If you believe in God, then you are more of a nutter than i am.The 'we' and 'us'was used as a collective term for people that attend their church and sing hymns and praise the lord, i do none of there things, as i believe that any religion is blind faith and is nothing but money making institutions.Disregarding the rest of the drivel you have posted, i will reiterate.Islam is meant to be a religion of tolerance.IS is not.These are the Aholes i was referring to.And i still say that they deserve to be wiped off the face of the earth, not just for us, but for our children and our children's children.Believe what you like, oh,font of all knowledge, just dont try to convince me that The muslims that support IS deserve to be on this earth.

Oh by the way....The next meeting of the Salvation Army,is at the William Boothe hoyel soi 6. , And the dry cleaners called and said your uniform will be ready on friday.

Now, don't be bothering me again, as i have some paint to watch drying.

Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest?

1 hour ago, oby said:

Duh,

"Small percentage"

Muslims àre murdering from Canada to the philipines,

US thru all the 'stans, chechnya to nigeria, Australia to timbuktu,

Madrid to london, France to Sudan and you know there are many more countries and the wholesale slaughter  and genocide has been continuing since mo' declared kill the kaffir where he sleeps, usurp his wealth and wife, since 628.

Give me a break, a few bad Muslims 555

Perhaps it is you who are blind, and condoning the slaughter have the blood on your conscience .

Of course, is my opinion

Can you imagine a Christian shouting Jesus is the greatest in the many Muslim lands.  Instant death, crucifixion, stoning, beating to death, hanging or the fave sawing off the head with a dull blade.

Lol...what? Australia? There is a lot more Christian anti abortion clinic bombings going on in the world than Muslims killing in Australia. Lets look at something as simple as suicide bombings for example. Didn't Pape (funded by Secretary of State and U.S Navy), the only Professor/investigative research to ever look at every single suicide attack in all countries (between 1980-2003) and investigate each case's motives with 3 confirmed sources find out that half of them are actually secular (no religion) and 95% of them have no religious motives at all, merely payback against a military intervention of their homes? 

5 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Wildewillie89

Lets get one thig straight, you have obviously read, but misunderstood my post.

I am not a religious nutter. In fact my mother was jewish, but i do not relate to any of the testaments.If you believe in God, then you are more of a nutter than i am.The 'we' and 'us'was used as a collective term for people that attend their church and sing hymns and praise the lord, i do none of there things, as i believe that any religion is blind faith and is nothing but money making institutions.Disregarding the rest of the drivel you have posted, i will reiterate.Islam is meant to be a religion of tolerance.IS is not.These are the Aholes i was referring to.And i still say that they deserve to be wiped off the face of the earth, not just for us, but for our children and our children's children.Believe what you like, oh,font of all knowledge, just dont try to convince me that The muslims that support IS deserve to be on this earth.

Oh by the way....The next meeting of the Salvation Army,is at the William Boothe hoyel soi 6. , And the dry cleaners called and said your uniform will be ready on friday.

Now, don't be bothering me again, as i have some paint to watch drying.

Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest?

Probably should have used the term 'IS' instead of 'Muslims' in your post then...Would be like saying 'Christians' when referring to the 'KKK'. Hey, maybe the 'KKK' will be at the Salvation Army meeting (thanks for the info by the way). 

roo860

They also used to have the record for finding lost children and teenagers.I agree , they are pretty helpful and good with the tea and biccys as you say.I just think that people used to get fed up with them coming in the pubs, collecting,when they damn the 'demon drink' so vehemently.But still know where to come for their money.A little bit hypocritical?

roo860
They also used to have the record for finding lost children and teenagers.I agree , they are pretty helpful and good with the tea and biccys as you say.I just think that people used to get fed up with them coming in the pubs, collecting,when they damn the 'demon drink' so vehemently.But still know where to come for their money.A little bit hypocritical?

Not seen them for years in the boozers at home.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Flipper2222222 posted - opening post, unable to quote

"In Australia this week SBS TV is having a focus of racism. This has made me think of this question.

What are the attitudes of the average Buddhist person in Thailand towards the Muslim population in Thailand?"

If it's SBS airing it Flipper, you can bet your life on it being lightweight, non controversial, politically correct, and so like what the wishy washy, left wing  ABC would show......not worth watching.

IF, in the unlikely event, they take a position it will be sympathetic to islam, as victimized, marginalized, criticized, etc.

As a little background info, and off actual topic but I think relevant, there are 33 people incarcerated in Australia for terrorism offences, 22 Lebanese migrants, or descendants thereof, and the other 11 are muslims from elsewhere.

There are currently no others from any ethnic origin in the slammer for terrorism related offences.

Is it any wonder that there is deep apprehension and distrust of muslims in this country, as I imagine many Thais would feel.

Another was arrested in Young, NSW, a couple of days back on three terrorism charges, assisting IS to develop sophisticated weapons (rockets), and making trips to visit the brothers in the middle east, two of which carry life terms.

I think I have the numbers right (heard it on TV last week)......so far 4 terrorist attacks in Australia, and 12 (yes 12!!) well developed plans/imminent attacks thwarted.

Distrust would be a normal response from where I stand.

Edited by F4UCorsair
addition

This discussion is based on a totally dumb question that invites those moronic twins - racism and ignorance - to place judgements on the table and pretend they're rational and/or informed.  How on earth could you expect followers and contributors to a forum provided for expats, native English speakers who are visitors in this country, to have any insight or meaningful understanding of the local citizenry and make any useful conclusions about such a delicate, controversial issue?

It is a topic that can only lead to unwelcome results. I wonder if any of those making judgements here would appreciate similar "wisdom" and advice from Thais visiting their home countries and making public their own conclusions about what they see as social problems.

To even invite discussion demonstrates a lack of propriety, decency and common sense. To jump in and declare judgement openly is stupidity at best.

This discussion is based on a totally dumb question that invites those moronic twins - racism and ignorance - to place judgements on the table and pretend they're rational and/or informed.  How on earth could you expect followers and contributors to a forum provided for expats, native English speakers who are visitors in this country, to have any insight or meaningful understanding of the local citizenry and make any useful conclusions about such a delicate, controversial issue?
It is a topic that can only lead to unwelcome results. I wonder if any of those making judgements here would appreciate similar "wisdom" and advice from Thais visiting their home countries and making public their own conclusions about what they see as social problems.
To even invite discussion demonstrates a lack of propriety, decency and common sense. To jump in and declare judgement openly is stupidity at best.

I asked the question for the right reasons.

If posters chose to ignore the actual question then they show their ignorance and their opinions can be disregarded.

That you think it's a totally dumb question says a lot about you.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

47 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Flipper2222222 posted - opening post, unable to quote

"In Australia this week SBS TV is having a focus of racism. This has made me think of this question.

What are the attitudes of the average Buddhist person in Thailand towards the Muslim population in Thailand?"

If it's SBS airing it Flipper, you can bet your life on it being lightweight, non controversial, politically correct, and so like what the wishy washy, left wing  ABC would show......not worth watching.

IF, in the unlikely event, they take a position it will be sympathetic to islam, as victimized, marginalized, criticized, etc.

As a little background info, and off actual topic but I think relevant, there are 33 people incarcerated in Australia for terrorism offences, 22 Lebanese migrants, or descendants thereof, and the other 11 are muslims from elsewhere.

There are currently no others from any ethnic origin in the slammer for terrorism related offences.

Is it any wonder that there is deep apprehension and distrust of muslims in this country, as I imagine many Thais would feel.

Another was arrested in Young, NSW, a couple of days back on three terrorism charges, assisting IS to develop sophisticated weapons (rockets), and making trips to visit the brothers in the middle east, two of which carry life terms.

I think I have the numbers right (heard it on TV last week)......so far 4 terrorist attacks in Australia, and 12 (yes 12!!) well developed plans/imminent attacks thwarted.

Distrust would be a normal response from where I stand.

Considering Australia (speaking as an Australian) not only supported, but actively participated in a war (that most deem illegal (zero relation to 9/11 at all) and the participants have continuous investigations relevant to war crimes)...an unnecessary war that resulted in over one million innocent deaths (most estimates) due to mass destabilisation of a region and a war that has created groups like IS due to that destabalisation that go around terrorising innocent people. I would say those numbers are pretty amazing to be as small as they are. We pissed off the Muslim world (killing their family, friends, historical artifacts and homelands), and we are discussing 4 attacks - and tell me the motives of those attacks (can you?) Were they religious or political? Didn't Bush say God told him to invade the Middle East? Aren't neo-conservative policies drenched in radical interpretations from Christianity? But we have a mistrust about 4 attacks? lol. I think it is evident in those stupid memes, things like you have more chance from dying going down a slide at a park than from a terrorist attack.

And that distrust is not at all proportional to the distrust the 'other side' (if i can use that term, just for you lol) would be feeling. Remember Pape's Research of every single suicide terrorist attack in the world for 23 years - 95% was nothing to do with religion but due to military occupation (half of the attackers were secular, i.e non religious). 

But I understand the concern, polls taken around the time Pauline Hanson goes running around linking all Muslims to terrorists show that half the country are fearful of an attack. When experts and research say the chances of an attack are 'extremely low'. Just goes to show what to look at before forming an opinion, bullshit current affairs or the papers/comments the experts make from actual research. 

Edited by wildewillie89

35 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

Considering Australia (speaking as an Australian) not only supported, but actively participated in a war (that most deem illegal (zero relation to 9/11 at all) and the participants have continuous investigations relevant to war crimes)...an unnecessary war that resulted in over one million innocent deaths (most estimates) due to mass destabilisation of a region and a war that has created groups like IS due to that destabalisation that go around terrorising innocent people. I would say those numbers are pretty amazing to be as small as they are. We pissed off the Muslim world (killing their family, friends, historical artifacts and homelands), and we are discussing 4 attacks - and tell me the motives of those attacks (can you?) Were they religious or political? Didn't Bush say God told him to invade the Middle East? Aren't neo-conservative policies drenched in radical interpretations from Christianity? But we have a mistrust about 4 attacks? lol. I think it is evident in those stupid memes, things like you have more chance from dying going down a slide at a park than from a terrorist attack.

And that distrust is not at all proportional to the distrust the 'other side' (if i can use that term, just for you lol) would be feeling. Remember Pape's Research of every single suicide terrorist attack in the world for 23 years - 95% was nothing to do with religion but due to military occupation (half of the attackers were secular, i.e non religious). 

May I use another example?

Japanese soldiers executed hundreds, if not thousands, of Australians during the Pacific War, in Asia and New Guinea.  I mean executed, as opposed to killed in battle, and they cannibalized some of those they executed!!

They were subsequently trounced by the US, an ally of whom was Australia.  Trouncings don't get any bigger, incidentally.

Japan is a huge trading partner of Australia, and many Japanese live and work here, as I did in Japan.  Japanese are racist, none moreso,  but they don't kill people because they they were given a pasting years ago, or are of a different race or religion, something demanded of muslims in their holy book.   If that clause/verse is not considered relevant by 'moderate muslims', why aren't they prevailing on the so called minority to adapt to a more civilized way of life.  After all, with ONLY 4 successful attacks in Australia, the majority of almost 500,000 'moderate muslims' could have forced their will on half a dozen who thought they may create mayhem.

We're talking about the here and now.   Don't be an apologist for something that is clearly happening.   If some idiot is wearing an IS scarf, screaming 'allahu akbar' as he shoots dead an innocent person, are you trying to tell me that is not a religion inspired attack??  The 'lone wolf' defence is not relevant nor valid.

If you die at an amusement park, it is not the doing of an islamic waterslide that blows you up, stabs or shoots you!!!

IS will cease to exist in a few months now that Trump has given his generals authority to go anywhere, and do anything, to kill them off.  I have the popcorn out, and ready for the show.

This is off topic, so let's steer it back.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Just my own, subjective observation.

I have lived in the Phra Khanong district of Bangkok for twelve years.  Phra Khanong is a very diverse, predominately working class neighborhood with a large Muslim presence. There are several mosques and masjids serving the area. 

I have never seen the slightest indication Buddhist/Muslim tension in all my time here.  Buddhists and Muslim stalls exist side by side in the local market and the atmosphere is the usual Thai mix of friendly banter. Schoolkids move around in their usual clusters without any sign of confrontation between different school groups.  It's not unusual at all to see mixed groups of school kids, some with head scarfs, some not.  There is no religious graffiti on walls and doors.

The only real change I have observed over the years is many more Muslims displaying their identity..I can't remember ever seeing head scarfs on girls my first few years here but now it is common.

My apartment building has over 300 units and it's diversity mirrors the neighborhood. Along with many Thai Buddhists, there are Thai as well as Pakastani and Indian Muslims, Philippinos and Burmese.  The ground level building courtyard seems to be a daily meeting place for mothers with their young kids from all these groups and the kids play together with no restrictions while the mothers and grandmothers sit and chat.

I'm not naive and have no doubt that there are conflicts I will never see and undercurrents I will never understand but for what it is worth, peaceful co-existence seems to be the rule in this neighborhood. 

There is a lot to be said about bigots spreading hate and discord. During the racially troubled times of the late sixties. I observed a surprising thing. My children were raised in a small Ohio farm community. There were no blacks living in the area. We went to a large military base to visit my wife's brother in law. There were many black and mixed race kids playing at the playground. My kids also went out to play and it appeared to me that they took absolutely no notice of skin color. All the kids were playing together and having a great time.

Unfortunately there is a huge difference between racial mixes and muslims. The muslims refuse to assimilate. They only permitted to associate with other muslims. The kids appear to be brainwashed from the time they were born. There lies the problem. If the muslim kids were permitted to grow up normally and assimilate with non muslim children the problems would disappear. 

On 3/2/2017 at 10:20 AM, F4UCorsair said:

May I use another example?

Japanese soldiers executed hundreds, if not thousands, of Australians during the Pacific War, in Asia and New Guinea.  I mean executed, as opposed to killed in battle, and they cannibalized some of those they executed!!

They were subsequently trounced by the US, an ally of whom was Australia.  Trouncings don't get any bigger, incidentally.

Japan is a huge trading partner of Australia, and many Japanese live and work here, as I did in Japan.  Japanese are racist, none moreso,  but they don't kill people because they they were given a pasting years ago, or are of a different race or religion, something demanded of muslims in their holy book.   If that clause/verse is not considered relevant by 'moderate muslims', why aren't they prevailing on the so called minority to adapt to a more civilized way of life.  After all, with ONLY 4 successful attacks in Australia, the majority of almost 500,000 'moderate muslims' could have forced their will on half a dozen who thought they may create mayhem.

We're talking about the here and now.   Don't be an apologist for something that is clearly happening.   If some idiot is wearing an IS scarf, screaming 'allahu akbar' as he shoots dead an innocent person, are you trying to tell me that is not a religion inspired attack??  The 'lone wolf' defence is not relevant nor valid.

If you die at an amusement park, it is not the doing of an islamic waterslide that blows you up, stabs or shoots you!!!

IS will cease to exist in a few months now that Trump has given his generals authority to go anywhere, and do anything, to kill them off.  I have the popcorn out, and ready for the show.

This is off topic, so let's steer it back.

What I am saying is look at the evidence/research, the only research of it's kind for that matter that investigated every single attack (interviewed witness', police investigations etc) to find the motives behind terrorism. Religion is not at all a major factor. It is a minor factor, yes, but socio, political factors are the major factors. Look at Thailand deep South for example, Muslims and Buddhists co-existed peacefully, and then what happened? Military intervention. I have been to Yala in the deep South, I have spoken to Thai government officials, I have spoken to Muslim government officials (work for Thai government obviously)...military intervention is the overwhelming reason behind the violence. 

How did IS come about? The destabalisation of a country due to what? Military intervention. I can also give you a hypothetical situation. If you live in Australia and a country decided to come in, rape and beat your wife and kids, blow up your home, blow up your community, leave you with no family, no work, no vital supples such as water or food. In many instances you need to put your family members bodies into freezers as there is no way of disposing them...and that is if you magically still have a power supply to run the freezer. I think you most likely would want some revenge. That is what the research says, 95% of motives are due to military intervention. Half of these attackers also do not identify themselves to a religion anyway.

There is a concept called 'the accidental terrorist'. I think his name was David Kilcullen who came up with it. He was a lieutenant in the Australian Army and now a scholar and counter insurgency expert. He is of the belief that many people turn to terrorism by accident. They don't like these nutter groups like IS or al-Qaeda as they don't represent Islam. However, when you have drones bombing your village on a daily basis, what do you have left to turn to? You can stay neutral and die. You can turn to the West, and then they kill your families the very same day. Or you can turn to the charismatic group that gives you an alternative, an alternative you don't like, but in that situation it is the only alternative. These people are not using religion as a motive, the circumstance has only purely come about due to a military intervention.

People have a choice to form their opinions from Today Tonight style journalism, or academics who have actually served or researched the issues lol.

Religion is merely a tool used by leaders to advertise (not as a motive to attack). Something that brings people together. There are some instances where religion may be a motive. Something like if a Muslim or Christian or another religion for that matter bombs an abortion clinic, then yes, you could probably say that is purely religious motives, as those abortion clinics haven't done anything to create a revenge attack if you like. A military intervention and the bombing of something that your local minister tells you not to support are two completely different things. 

Also remember, terrorism is a last resort thing, all peaceful means are explored first (even Osama bin Laden) tried peaceful means first (written letters requesting withdraws of military intervention).

Edited by wildewillie89