Suicide won't stop raid under Article 44, junta chief says

webfact

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

There may be more to this situation, but then it may be best if you didn't really try to understand what's really going on.

This is isn't about embezzlement, or whatever the "authorities" are telling you today.

This is about eliminating this sect of Buddhism in Thailand once and for all. But don't ask why, or for additional details.

Maybe I kind of understand what is going on since the last decade or more at this place. (recently there was a post of an older interesting interview of an American or Canadian professor on this matter.) 
Many sects in the West, and now even in the Middle East, that brainwash and use gullible persons by skilled use of the abundance of available communication channels to create wealth and power for the people at the top of the pyramid.

Therefore I do not understand the in my Western eyes slow pace of taking action. 
Having said that, likely this course of action is wiser.
It seems Leadership prefers to step up the pressure slowly, rather than sending tanks in rather quickly as happened in Europe and other places in case of major public disobediences, when the forceful action sometimes increased the strength of the movement as in Eastern Europe.
Tanks were effective against squatters though.

It just shouldn´t be anything that regards the suicide. A person that wanted to protest against the law reaching the suspect they look for.
He only made his point to himself, and it ended well it seems.

Edited by Get Real

17 hours ago, Lannig said:

Is Thailand headed towards a local remake of Waco?

Does this seem completely unlikely to you guys? not to me anymore, the followers are so heavily brainwashed.

I find it impossible to feel the slightest sympathy for either of the two opposed parties here.

Both parties can go out in flames as far as I'm concerned. Would be a fitting end to this story.

12 minutes ago, dcnx said:

Both parties can go out in flames as far as I'm concerned. Would be a fitting end to this story.

The fact is no government from an election has ever dared take on Wat Thammakai .

Its tentacles of power, fueled by money, have stretched to so many institutions, both in the private and state sector.

Only a government unfazed by these connections dares confront them.

10 hours ago, billd766 said:

Why are you not prepared to give additional details but you expect people to accept YOUR words as the real thing without any attempt to provide ANY details, links or proof? Are you offering an "alternative truth" perhaps?

Did you not read the reuters article ? It was here on thaivisa.