Scared Of Terroisim In The South

Koh_Falang

Will you alter your holiday plans to the south because of the violence?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There should've been more options in this poll.. Like: 1) I live in the South! But I plan to get outta here!

2) I live in the South! And I have no plans of relocating!

well thats true but im talking about holidays... not living there... anyways... take ur pic...

There should've been more options in this poll.. Like: 1) I live in the South! But I plan to get outta here!

2) I live in the South! And I have no plans of relocating!

3) I'm a terrorist and have no holiday plans

I do not plan to change my life, as I do not believe we are specific target.

I think the message about Pattaya is overkill.

Sure, be careful......... but the rest of the hype in the message is un-necessary

I must admit that I would not travel through the southern provinces at the moment,

I do not think we are targets, but I don't want to be in the middle of someone elses fight by being in the wrong place.

Well - as a hard up journalist (who will only have to pay tax on 20k baht under the new rules in July - lol) I'm trying to persuade my editor to fund me to go do some war reportage in that combat torn exclusive six-star resort in Krabi.

If he ups the ex's account enough I'm sure I can persuade a few boys and girls from the bar-beer to have a ketchup fight and lie down in suitable positions for piccies that'll keep the Graphics Ed happy and I can grab an interview or two with some Roti vendors for local opinions.

(hope he doesn't log into Thai Visa :o )

my plans for the building and operation of the Pattani Prime Pork Products Processing Plant have been put on hold, at least for the time being. :o

Ditto taxexile, I had some advanced plans for for my Songkhla sausage stand, but it now looks like the three hundred and fifty baht investment will be a write off!

NO I certainy would not change any travel plans to the southern provinces on account of a bunch of untrained, untidy, undiciplined, unruly radical thugs.

It’s been a long while, actually, at least two long whiles but in my mind the sights and sound of bullets and bombs from that Nam year are still real.

I have photos of the New York skyline complete with twin towers, unbelievable that in a moment they could be gone.

So personally my way of handling this is [i'll just go in the off season], thank you.

I keep a home (and wife) on Phuket. Though I am only there 4-5 months a year I am concerned. Last year there were anti-Western slogans written on walls in the Kamala and Bang Tao areas and some smaller Muslim communities have become distinctly unfriendly. Poisenings of pets have occurred in Kamala - rents have come down in that area as well as housing prices as some people left the area.

Generally though, I expect we will all weather this- I suspect the world is in for about 20 more years of this kind of BS before it all gets settled down.

I keep a home (and wife) on Phuket. Though I am only there 4-5 months a year I am concerned. Last year there were anti-Western slogans written on walls in the Kamala and Bang Tao areas and some smaller Muslim communities have become distinctly unfriendly. Poisenings of pets have occurred in Kamala - rents have come down in that area as well as housing prices as some people left the area.

Generally though, I expect we will all weather this- I suspect the world is in for about 20 more years of this kind of BS before it all gets settled down.

No way is any terrorist going to control the way I live my life, I went to LOS just after 911, I was there during the Bali bombs, and I'll be there again in September regardless what those ###holes do.

I just love this post. I was in Ubon at the the time of the Bali bombing and I remember the blastwave...

I was in jakarta last summer 5 days after the explosion in een hotel, later I was in Bali at the place of the explosion 7/8 months after the explosion, and I cried because I couldn't handle it another way.

I spoke to muslims I meet in Indonesia. They told me they had pain and were ashamed of what had happened in their country. They told me Allah would never agree on terrorisme, and the people who are terrorists aren't send by Allah, they just use their God to justify their crimes.

I really believe this is true, but I don't want to live in fear because of a couple of murders.

I wish people wil see that terrorisme is the worse thing there is: the worse crime one can commit because it causes so many victims: the direct victims, the families and friends of the victims, the witnesses, the rescue teams, the hospitalpeople and all the ones who read or watch it om television. It makes wounds and scars in the flesh and even dieper in our souls that wil never heal.

It makes children and young people unsure about the future of the world and the goodness of people. It destroys dreams of peace and understanding between the countries and the religions.

It makes it more difficult for the adults to say to each other:don't worry everything is gonna be allright.

But still I want to say it:

DON'T WORRY EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT (EVEN IF WE HAVE TO WAIT A LITTLE LONGER)

This week I go to Thailand. :o

:o My wife (Thai) and I with our two adopted boys live in a village just outside Hat Yai,our big worry is if the landlord asks us to move as he wants the house for his daughter or so he says.I would think about 90% of our neighbour's are muslim,but we have no problems they are all friendly and chat to us when ever we meet,we definitely have no plans to move and will tell any one come south and enjoy it.Let us be honest when your time is up it will not matter where you are it will be bye bye.