Filthy dirty stinking rubbish just yards from Pattaya city hall - it's a disgrace say residents

webfact

Filthy dirty stinking rubbish just yards from Pattaya city hall - it's a disgrace say residents

4am.jpg

Picture siamchon news

PATTAYA: -- Residents in North Pattaya are calling for action in a soi polluted by tons of stinking and rotting rubbish.

And the area in question is just a few hundred yards from the Pattaya municipal offices, siamchon news reported.

The soi in question is Soi Pattaya Nua 2, Soi 1 in Banglamung.

For a 300 meter stretch there is food waste, toilet excrement, old bedding, waste paper and other items all rotting and giving off terrible odors.

Local resident Sawart Duangmalai, 57, called it the "graveyard of rubbish". He said whenever the local authority clear it up people start dumping there all over again.

He called it a disgrace and a health hazard to tourists, children and all family members who are at risk of diseases from the foul dump.

He didn't know who was dumping it all.

But he and others want the mess cleared up once and for all.

Source: siamchon news

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-01

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. A pile of rubbish is stinking and rotting.

2. Residents say it´s a disgrace.

3. The local authority cleans up.
4. The residents start to throw again.
5. A pile of garbage is stinking and rotting.

Looks to me like the solution lays with the residents. Maybe they need a meeting to clean up the bad rotting apples inside them selfs.

On the other hand. Problem with the residents in Pattaya is more common than uncommon in the news today.

Happens all over the city as people either don't want to pay for garbage pick-up or don't have access to it. Probably half the empty lots in the city are used as garbage dumps.

Really disgusting when you see a fishing park/restaurant beside a (man made) pond and see a massive garbage dump on the other side of the pond. What are the odds anyone from the city ever tests the water (or fish) for contaminants ?

On the Dark Side there is one small soi that has a small building with a number of rooms on top of the embankment. Their waste water is thrown down the (cement) embankment where it covers the soi before making it's way to the drain 30 meters further along the soi. Their garbage gets tossed into the undeveloped lot next to them. There is now a trail of garbage for about 200 meters down that soi as it seems everyone else has also decided to dump their garbage in the same area. 

There are many other areas just like that as I'm sure most of us have encountered. I'm surprised that the rats haven't taken over the city as there seems to be no end to the prime habitat for them.

Edited by Kerryd

First they're busy cleaning up those nasty bridge rings, and now they're consumed with cleaning up those nasty bars - you really think they have time to clean up the nasty, stinking, filthy rubbish heaps that actually NEED cleaning up!?    First things FIRST!     :saai:

4 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Probably half the empty lots in the city are used as garbage dumps.

Don't worry, as they'll soon have a hotel/condo/townhouse built on every vacant lot. I'm surprised there are any left.

Edited by jaywalker

Every back road between Pattaya and Jomtien is used as a rubbish tip. This is

not news to any Thais or anyone who has explored the back roads on a scooter.

3 hours ago, jaywalker said:

Don't worry, as they'll soon have a hotel/condo/townhouse built on every vacant lot. I'm surprised there are any left.

No doubt ! 

The one area I noted on the Dark Side is being cleaned up (on one side) as it looks like they are building some new shophouse buildings (or condos) on the north side of the soi. Can't imagine that people would want to buy one that is directly across the soi from a sewage dump and garbage disposal site though so it will probably get cleaned up eventually (or all the construction waste will just be added to the existing mess on the other side of the soi).

Just the kind of cultural view the high end spenders that the City hopes to attract will enjoy.

If you have pots of money to burn, you would never allow your peepers to view this filth.

Just ask theThai HI-So,s in the Black vans with the blacked out windows why they travel in such a way.

The first is not to be seen, and the second is so they cannot see.

8 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Happens all over the city as people either don't want to pay for garbage pick-up or don't have access to it. Probably half the empty lots in the city are used as garbage dumps.

Really disgusting when you see a fishing park/restaurant beside a (man made) pond and see a massive garbage dump on the other side of the pond. What are the odds anyone from the city ever tests the water (or fish) for contaminants ?

On the Dark Side there is one small soi that has a small building with a number of rooms on top of the embankment. Their waste water is thrown down the (cement) embankment where it covers the soi before making it's way to the drain 30 meters further along the soi. Their garbage gets tossed into the undeveloped lot next to them. There is now a trail of garbage for about 200 meters down that soi as it seems everyone else has also decided to dump their garbage in the same area. 

There are many other areas just like that as I'm sure most of us have encountered. I'm surprised that the rats haven't taken over the city as there seems to be no end to the prime habitat for them.

I reckon you are talking about this Soi?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg