Cousin slays cousin in dispute over Dhammakaya Abbot: Police

snoop1130

Cousin slays cousin in dispute over Dhammakaya Abbot: Police

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

201703011154303-20100823150412-696x464.jpg

Thanapol Singto performs in a police ‘re-enactment’ of his alleged crime. He’s accused of murdering his cousin during an argument over whether former Dhammakaya abbot Dhammachayo would be found.

BUENG KAN — A man is accused of murdering his own cousin when an argument over the ongoing raid of a Buddhist sect exploded into violence Wednesday morning.

Phromlikit Somkarn, 30, died from a blow to his head delivered by neighbor and cousin Thanapol Singto at about 9am after their argument about the fate of Dhammachayo turned deadly.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2017/03/01/cousin-slays-cousin-dispute-dhammakaya-abbot-police/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-3-1

The charge of ''murder '' may be a little too harsh in determining what charge to go with. The man picked up a iron rod as his cousin was chasing him with a knife. It sounds like he turned and as he did, hit his cousin in the side of the head and the man with the knife died due to the blow. Nothing like member of a family having a argument but take something like this so serious puts you to wondering how many of your extended family are so short fused.

My wifes cousin was shot and killed by his son in law over some little argument that got out of hand, but he had remore and then turned the gun on himself, so guess you you call that one a draw.

39 minutes ago, slapout said:

The charge of ''murder '' may be a little too harsh in determining what charge to go with. The man picked up a iron rod as his cousin was chasing him with a knife. It sounds like he turned and as he did, hit his cousin in the side of the head and the man with the knife died due to the blow. Nothing like member of a family having a argument but take something like this so serious puts you to wondering how many of your extended family are so short fused.

My wifes cousin was shot and killed by his son in law over some little argument that got out of hand, but he had remore and then turned the gun on himself, so guess you you call that one a draw.

Maybe but, where did you get the idea it wasn't a well aimed, intentional swing?  Not from the linked article, and certainly not from the re-enactment photo in the OP. 

Does anyone remember the two friends of 30 years who got into an argument over whether Thailand should have a female prime minister or not? One of them killed his "mate" with a hammer that just happened to be the closest weapon at hand! 

One thing about TV forum is that for the making of a successful digital Daily Scandal Rag, there does seem to be a plethora of madness in this country. I am trying to be impartial and not a Thai basher but am I imagining this? This fantastic quantity of violent stuff that happens in this country. 

Have been living in the Philippines for a while now and people ask me if I feel safe!!! I say well at least safer than where I was. I escaped with my life and I believe I was lucky. Others who knew my circumstances agreed. I had gone past my use by date. 

55jay, are you saying that someone does not have a right todefend themselves.

If someone came at me with a knife I would use what ever is necessary

to make them drop the knife. Have you ever been threatened with a knife, I have and it

takes only a second to have yourself stabbed fatally. I disarmed my neighbour with a rake,

and he was charged with attempted murder. The guy with the iron likely did not kill his

cousin intensionally, but hit him to disarm hom.

Geezer

Remember that these enactments are the guilty party trying to get their sentence to be

reduced. the enactments are likely not exact to what actually happened, at least the

pictures that we get to see.  Try remember this when you see these kind of pictures.

Geezer

3 hours ago, Maggusoil said:

Does anyone remember the two friends of 30 years who got into an argument over whether Thailand should have a female prime minister or not? One of them killed his "mate" with a hammer that just happened to be the closest weapon at hand! 

One thing about TV forum is that for the making of a successful digital Daily Scandal Rag, there does seem to be a plethora of madness in this country. I am trying to be impartial and not a Thai basher but am I imagining this? This fantastic quantity of violent stuff that happens in this country. 

Have been living in the Philippines for a while now and people ask me if I feel safe!!! I say well at least safer than where I was. I escaped with my life and I believe I was lucky. Others who knew my circumstances agreed. I had gone past my use by date. 

Just be careful and do not loose your head. 

Why the re-enactment?

Courts are no longer allowed to accept as evidence suspects' accounts during their re-enactment of serious crimes liable to over five years imprisonment after laws were amended to prevent a repeat of some high-profile criminal cases in which scapegoats were convicted.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/647098-thai-legal-experts-query-need-for-crime-re-enactment/   2013-06-17

1 hour ago, elgordo38 said:

I wonder if they imbibed in a little Thai liquid rocket fuel before the "friendly" discussion started. 

I would presume so: 09:00 am is the time they start to be drunk usually :cheesy::cheesy:

First my condolences and RIP to the victim..........Then, I am so sorry for being insensitive and rude......but this is simply HILARIOUS! Two buffoons fighting about a corrupted monk, with one killed when they should focus on bettering their own economic status first. This is the problem with Thailand....the poor and middle classes are always focused about the wealthy and the rich! Whne they should focus on bettering them selves and spitting on the corrupted rich!