Weird Phobias

Rc2702

When I was a younger young man and began independence. Living on own etc.

I had a strange phobia which took me about 8 years to overcome.

My phobia was buying toilet roll.

For 8 years I brought kitchen roll or asked my mom to grab it for me and I'd collect from her.

What weird phobias do you have or did you have?

I hate spider webs... if I accidently touch one I freak out.... I have no idea why... because I have no problem with spiders... I can pick up and handle spiders no problem... but the texture of the webs and the way they stick to me.. especially if they are large dusty ones... the ripping sound and the way they look.... AARHHH!!! 

That's my only phobia. 

Here's another then, but this one I could not recover from.

16 years old holidaying with family in Portugal and I accidentally turned towards my mother as she was changing for the beach and got an eyeful of her Pink TSERB-s. A year later I strike it very lucky with this tasty pale milky Irish chick and I freeze, made excuses and got out of there. 

My wife's thai so it's all good now. 

On 3/1/2017 at 10:37 PM, jak2002003 said:

I hate spider webs... if I accidently touch one I freak out.... I have no idea why... because I have no problem with spiders... I can pick up and handle spiders no problem... but the texture of the webs and the way they stick to me.. especially if they are large dusty ones... the ripping sound and the way they look.... AARHHH!!! 

That's my only phobia. 

I cannot touch insects at all, I would stand and let anyone take a punch at me than touch, say, a spider. but apart from these yappy wee ankle snapping dogs, I could lift up and do cuddle and even kiss, mice, hamsters, pet rats, rabbits , cats, but any insect?????? I will immediately kill any insect I see in my house, though not outside.

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I'v come across a lot of guys since coming to Thailand that seem to have a weird similar phobia ......They appear to have a fear of putting their hand in their pockets.

What about the fat, ugly, tattooed, facial haired Farangs that want a shag, there are plenty of them in Thailand, and their hands will have to be going into their pockets all the time. Definitely no phobias there.:cheesy:

Edited by possum1931

2 hours ago, Oishii said:

Flys.  I 'kin hate flies with a vengeance.

Good job I'm in Thailand and not Australia or Africa.

Yer right,those silly Poms think we are waving at them all the time but it is just a reflex action from us, similiar to window sreen wipers.but i can't do the social thropar of hats with corks hanging off.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

I cannot touch insects at all, I would stand and let anyone take a punch at me than touch, say, a spider. but apart from these yappy wee ankle snapping dogs, I could lift up and do cuddle and even kiss, mice, hamsters, pet rats, rabbits , cats, but any insect?????? I will immediately kill any insect I see in my house, though not outside.

Hey poss,i just got back from Seim Reap and my macho mates had to eat tarantula's and scorpions.How do you rekon you'd handle that.Personly i have no need to prove my manhood by doing stupid acts but up to them.Grasshoppers are a nice snack with beer though as are silk worms.

Edited by louse1953

25 minutes ago, louse1953 said:

Hey poss,i just got back from Seim Reap and my macho mates had to eat tarantula's and scorpions.How do you rekon you'd handle that.Personly i have no need to prove my manhood by doing stupid acts but up to them.Grasshoppers are a nice snack with beer though as are silk worms.

Thank goodness finished my breakfast before I read this. It just shows how true the old saying is "one mans meat is another mans poison".

On 01/03/2017 at 10:47 PM, Rc2702 said:

Here's another then, but this one I could not recover from.

16 years old holidaying with family in Portugal and I accidentally turned towards my mother as she was changing for the beach and got an eyeful of her Pink TSERB-s. A year later I strike it very lucky with this tasty pale milky Irish chick and I freeze, made excuses and got out of there. 

My wife's thai so it's all good now. 

I Googled TSERB-s, it came up with this thread, so I still don't know what you saw. I am also confused as to why you waited a for a year before you got out of there with the Irish chick?

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I Googled TSERB-s, it came up with this thread, so I still don't know what you saw. I am also confused as to why you waited a for a year before you got out of there with the Irish chick?

Tserb- brest spelt incorrectly I know. Sorry butchers talk. I'm not a butcher.

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What about the fat, ugly, tattooed, facial haired Farangs that want a shag, there are plenty of them in Thailand, and their hands will have to be going into their pockets all the time. Definitely no phobias there.:cheesy:

My phobia is people who really believe they're somehow better than others. 

I have a big phobia about sharks or crocodiles seizing me for lunch. If I'm going to have a nightmare, either form of hungry creature will feature. Not so much the actual biting, ripping and tearing: rather, it's the sense of knowing something might be in the water with you, but you don't know when, or which direction it will come from. A control freak?