Where to get Canadian passport renewal photos in Chiang Mai?

B0nkers

I sent an email to the Canadian consulate to ask where I could get photos takes for a passport renewal, and all they did was send me the exact dimensions the photo and face size must be within a millimeter..

The only place I know to get photos taken is the one stop shop beside immigration at promenada mall. Those photos are not the correct size however. I have no idea where to get them done.

Anyone know?

If you have a laptop with virtually any sort of edit/photoshop programme you can resize to the correct dimensions.

I did that when applying for NZ passport (online).  Simply took a photo with cellphone Bluetooth transfer to laptop and adjusted to the required size.

Or any photo place can do it....just tell them the size you want and they will cut it to size!

If it is anything like Bangkok, when you go to a consulate in person, they will have a place nearby to send everyone who turns up without a photo. It will be a place familiar with the requirements for Canada passports.

I don't know the requirements for Canada or New Zealand but for Australia they are very detailed and a simple photo will not do. It's not just about the size. Get one thing wrong and they will reject it. In Bangkok the Australian Embassy suggests a particular place nearby (it's changed over the years) because they know that shop will get it right first time.

I just studied those Canadian requirements.

Most scaremongering I ever came upon.

The following must be included on the back of one photo:

The name and complete address of the photo studio and the date the photo was taken. The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.

Some of these do not alter requirements are a bit out of time.

Technically it's no challenge.

Same "blunt face", face height range, lighting etc. as other countries.

Just the size is exceptionally big (5*7 cm).

Must have to do with the size of the country :smile:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/apply/photos.asp

Take a printout with those requirements and sample photos to the shop.

-----------------

Still I am envy. My country requires a trip to Bangkok, sit in a high tech cabin that takes picture, fingerprint and signature.

Remotely controlled by an embassy officer behind his bullet proof glass :wacko:

I had mine done this week.

I needed to have a white back round and written where they are done and dated on the back of the picture.

The Canadian Consulate has a list of shops but it took a visit to a few before I got what I felt would be accepted.

Sun-Moon 8/11-13 Huay Kaew Rd

053 219 264

I haven't submitted them yet but I hope they are adequate. 

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/pub/pass-photo-spec-eng.pdf

Edited by junglechef

Thanks all. I've decided to wait for a fresh 60 day Visa from Laos before attempting this. If they reject my picture it could be problematic as there is a very small window on a 30 day ext with what they told me was a 3 week process

Shutter-Bug. Used to at the far end of Moon Muang but has recently moved a short distance down Chang Puak rd.on the left. A professional photographer who did my daughters and wife canuck passport photos,plus numerous other photo-services for us over the years.