Dutch man stabbed by Thai men after road rage fight on Samui

Jonathan Fairfield

Dutch man stabbed by Thai men after road rage fight on Samui

dn.png

Image: Daily News

SAMUI:-- A 27 year old Dutch tourist was left in hospital after he was attacked by two Thai men in an apparent road rage incident on Koh Samui yesterday.

Police are hunting two youths who were with two girls on a pair of motorbikes. 

They had been driving along the Samui ring road in the Bo Phut area cutting in and out as tourist Dasemil Solakovich rode his own Honda Click.

But near the First Bungalow intersection the Thai men got off and a fight broke out.

The man from the Netherlands told the cops from his hospital bed that he got the better of the two Thai men and when they realized they were losing the fight they pulled out knives and he was stabbed in the chest and ribs.

Members of the public ensured he got to hospital - police found only his bike and blood at the scene.

Police chiefs on the island have ordered an extensive manhunt to catch those responsible.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-02

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same as the Iranian that was shot in the nightclub in Bkk a year ago. The Thai man was losing the fight so said that he had to pull out his gun and shot him to make sure he won. 

They have big issues with losing..... to a Westerner.... in front of other Thais.

They rather kill the other person instead. 

:sad:

If this really goes international maybe the Thais can find some Burmese. 

They also have issues with blaming other Thais for wrongdoings.... 

Edited by Happy Grumpy

A one on one fight just never happens here does it? At home two guys have a row, they take it out side and everyone lets them have a go until someone has had enough.

Here, pack mentality, and when you are losing, cheat.

Morals are the very fabric of society, and the lack of them here says volumes for the mindset.

Land of smiles? Land of a stab and a pack beating, might be more appropriate, though TAT might have some problems putting that in their brochures.

Another story for the international press to prepare potential tourists what they can expect in "Paradise"

If this spreads - and it should - Thailand will be hit were it hurts -  losing money.

I don't want them to suffer but I know of no other way to help them improve

and become a part of the civilized nations, a nation that can protect  and deserves visitors

Hope they get the scum (and will not need Burmese) and they receive their deserved punishment

Edited by sweatalot

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

A one on one fight just never happens here does it? At home two guys have a row, they take it out side and everyone lets them have a go until someone has had enough.

The only thing that matters to the Thai, is winning.

How they win mattes not a jot.

The more sneaky they are, the more intelligent they feel.

Quite sad, really. 

21 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Quite sad, really. 

Yeah! I had thought for a while of a word that described their behaviour in these situations, but it had eluded me.

Your post gave me the Revelation I had been seeking. Hyena!

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Morals are the very fabric of society, and the lack of them here says volumes for the mindset.

Land of smiles? Land of a stab and a pack beating, might be more appropriate, though TAT might have some problems putting that in their brochures.

Sorry, plenty of gang attacks on single people in the west too. 

7 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Quite sad, really. 

So, kicking the crap out of each other to prove your manhood is the preferred state of things?

Where I grew up, the only acceptable reason for a fight was to defend myself or my loved ones from physical harm.  And in those circumstances, the only thing that mattered was winning the fight, even if that meant picking up a 2x4 or calling over a few of my buddies who happen to be in earshot.  

Just like no military deliberately goes into a fair fight.  They go in to win.  Anything else is stupid.

That's not to insinuate that this fight was about self defense.  Just that throwing up your dukes to prove your manhood is folly.  Especially in a culture where the rules are different.

Edited by impulse

8 hours ago, daveAustin said:

After which they can expect a vigorous fining of up to 400 baht each.

I was just thinking that punishments should be much harsher where weapons are involved. Perhaps even for simple posession, to deter the carrying of guns and knives. Thais seem to be armed and ready to wage battle, minibus drivers we hear all have an iron bar aboard!

10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

It`s the same in England. Get into an argument with a young thug then he and all his mates will either beat you or stab you to death. Probably happens more often in the UK then it does in Thailand. If you don`t believe try reading the news reports yourself.

The Dutchman is obviously a tourist and hasn`t learned the basics of staying safe in Thailand yet. In incidents like these that I have experienced many times, it is best to let it be, continue on your merry way and live another day.

10 hours ago, sweatalot said:

Another story for the international press to prepare potential tourists what they can expect in "Paradise"

If this spreads - and it should - Thailand will be hit were it hurts -  losing money.

I don't want them to suffer but I know of no other way to help them improve

and become a part of the civilized nations, a nation that can protect  and deserves visitors

Hope they get the scum (and will not need Burmese) and they receive their deserved punishment

You are so right...all these stories should go viral...even in a country the size of USA, if a fraction of these incidents occurred there, it would major huge news...in Thailand, such incidents happen so often they do not even get adequate news coverage.

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Just that throwing up your dukes to prove your manhood is folly.  Especially in a culture where the rules are different.

And therein lies the answer. This guy looks like he can handle himself and more than likely has in the past. Sometimes when your burly you can assess a situation the wrong way. As a small guy I got used to RUNNING!! Always bring a knife to a fist fight just in case. I am sure if the Dutchman had a knife they could have produced a gun in short order. 

Thankfully that must have been a small knife. Where his wound is dressed looks pretty close to a few important bits. Same shit happens in my country. I don't know why our government doesn't pass a law giving mandatory 6 months jail just for carrying a knife. I mean really, who needs to carry a knife? A knife is a weapon and no need for anyone ever to carry same as a gun. No difference in my mind. The big difference though is that if this happened in my country they would have caught them by now and jail time for sure. Here a slap on the wrists. Tourism sure is hurting here in Bkk and in Pattaya. But I doubt the crime here has anything to do with that or that it ever will.

Edited by Toshiba66

2 minutes ago, Toshiba66 said:

Thankfully that must have been a small knife. Where his wound is dressed looks pretty close to a few important bits. Same shit happens in my country. I don't know why our government doesn't pass a law giving mandatory 6 months jail just for carrying a knife. I mean really, who needs to carry a knife? A knife is a weapon and no need for anyone ever to carry same as a gun. No difference in my mind. The big difference though is that if this happened in my country they would have caught them by now and jail time for sure. Here a slap on the wrists. Tourism sure is hurting here in Bkk and in Pattaya. But I doubt the crime here has anything to do with that or ever will.

I am sure the knife pullers were well aware of how things work here a slap on the wrist and off you go. If the law worked properly a lot of this crap would not happen. 

So much anger in the world...

Can't people just get along? 

Great weather here, incredible food, attractions, nature,  entertainment everywhere, beautiful sexy women, waiting for someone to say hello!  :partytime2:

And, yet there seems to be regular visits to the emergency rooms and many vacations end in the morgue. 

When you consider the many many millions behind bars in the world, the many millions who have lost everything from wars, natural disasters, terminal  diseases, and loss of jobs; it would seem that people would be more appreciative of what they have, their health and where they are on planet earth. 

To discard many years of one's life in a Thai, hell, prison while living in one of the most desirable countries in the world; for a burst of anger, is hard for me to get my head around.  Better to smile and walk away ?and make a new friend! ?

22 minutes ago, Toshiba66 said:

Thankfully that must have been a small knife. Where his wound is dressed looks pretty close to a few important bits. Same shit happens in my country. I don't know why our government doesn't pass a law giving mandatory 6 months jail just for carrying a knife. I mean really, who needs to carry a knife? A knife is a weapon and no need for anyone ever to carry same as a gun. No difference in my mind. The big difference though is that if this happened in my country they would have caught them by now and jail time for sure. Here a slap on the wrists. Tourism sure is hurting here in Bkk and in Pattaya. But I doubt the crime here has anything to do with that or that it ever will.

I hope you don't own any Toshiba stock. Bummer