No More Non-immigrant O Multiple Entry For Child Support?

Perth, Brisbane and Adelaide are all reasonable Consulates.

Thanks Dr. PP

By "reasonable": do you mean: they would never refuse a Non-O Multi Entry to the father of Thai child who can show:

-The Thai Birth Certificate of his daughter with his name on it.

-A Belgian Marriage Certificate (Wife THAI BUT NOT the mother) (Useful? Translated? Certified?)

-A Thai bank passbook with regular money transfers received from abroad.

(Well. Never say never, I know. In all probabilities, then...)

Thanks!

Edited by papakapbaan

Doesn,t age come into play for this type of visa ?

I seem to recollect a referrence to being over 50 in one particular visa enquiry / thread.

I,ve tried to locate the same in a search and scroll back for info but cannot find it, sorry.

Help needed, please mods, if possible to expand on this, per over 50

marshbags :o:D:D

If over age 50 the wording of 606/2549 is that you are allowed to live with your Thai child and there is no mention of any financial requirement. This has been accepted in Bangkok for those assisted by at least one law firm but have not seen anyone report doing it themselves or outside of Bangkok.

I have read and reread 606/2549 Section 7.17 and the only interpretation that makes any sense to me is: in order to be granted an extension ("temporary stay"), if you are supporting a child, he/she must be under the age of 20; if you are supporting a parent, he/she must be over the age of 50.

Read it for yourself and see:

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/2notice/rtp606EN.pdf

I don't understand how anyone can read this section to mean that the parent supporting a Thai child must be over 50. Not only is that inconsistent with the wording of the immigration rules, it defies common sense.

I don't understand how anyone can read this section to mean that the parent supporting a Thai child must be over 50. Not only is that inconsistent with the wording of the immigration rules, it defies common sense.

I am in agreement with you, I posted the following on similar threads

I am not in nor ever have been a member of the legal profession but have you read the new regulation properly? Please open in a separate window and go to page 8/13 http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/2notice/rtp606EN.pdf

This relates to supporting a Thai national. (7/17) Concentrate on the middle column (Basis for consideration). Now look at (4) and (5). Let's simplify the wording and put them together. If you are supporting a child then the child must be unmarried, living with the family and under 20 or if you are supporting a parent, i.e. one of your parents, then that parent must be 50 or over.

My reading of the regulations does not mean that you have to be over 50 to support your child.

Of course it defies common sense!

But you know how they (we) say: TIT? This is Thailand!

Ok. If interested please review:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=93446

In practice: customers of SUNBELT ASIA who were "below 50" were refused the extension of stay on the basis of "to live with child". SUNBELT does not even bother to apply for below 50 anymore! (you can read the thread)

There is no more provision for CHILD SUPPORT.

If unmarried - you can LIVE with your child in Thailand ONLY if you are above 50 YEARS OLD.

So now please go tell the immigration officials that their interpretation of the regulations defies common sense.

SUNBELT will tell you:

I have stated for over two months, this is nuts. But this is how Immigration are handling extension of stays.

(extension of stay on the basis of to "Live with child")

Edited by papakapbaan

Perth, Brisbane and Adelaide are all reasonable Consulates.

Thanks Dr. PP

By "reasonable": do you mean: they would never refuse a Non-O Multi Entry to the father of Thai child who can show:

-The Thai Birth Certificate of his daughter with his name on it.

-A Belgian Marriage Certificate (Wife THAI BUT NOT the mother) (Useful? Translated? Certified?)

-A Thai bank passbook with regular money transfers received from abroad.

(Well. Never say never, I know. In all probabilities, then...)

Thanks!

Take 'em all and you'll be right.

I have read and reread 606/2549 Section 7.17 and the only interpretation that makes any sense to me is: in order to be granted an extension ("temporary stay"), if you are supporting a child, he/she must be under the age of 20; if you are supporting a parent, he/she must be over the age of 50.

Read it for yourself and see:

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/2notice/rtp606EN.pdf

To add my interpretation for you to consider.... I think in section 7/17 it is the Thai who is doing the supporting and he can support a child under 20 or a parent over 50 who are aliens. The new law allows a child who is not Thai and under 20 or a parent who is not Thai and over 50 to live in Thailand with the Thai, not for the Alien to support the Thai.

What you are looking to do (that is the alien supporting the Thai) is not covered in this section if at all.

Edited by Mahout Angrit

A further explanation of my reasoning.

Sub-sections (4) & (5) are not separate entities, (5) is a continuation of (4) as are all other subsections. Instead of using one long sentence, the information has been split into sections where each section contains one piece of vital information and it fits neatly into the layout of the document.

The last line in (4) reads '20 years of age; or' That is not how English sentences end but signifies that it continues. The first line in (5) reads 'In the case of a parent, the said' Now put those two snippets together ''20 years of age; or' 'In the case of a parent, the said'" and tidy it up a bit to read -''20 years of age or in the case of a parent, the said'. The 'or' signifies that only one of the conditions must be met, if 'and' was used in place of 'or' then both conditions must be met.

Let's rewrite the sentence using only the parts pertaining to supporting a child.

The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM) and proof of family relationship; in the case of a child, the child must not be married, living in the family home and not over the age of 20. All information that is not relevant has been removed.

//Edit by Maestro: Please see this new thread I started on Police Order 606/2549, paragraph (7.17), clause (4), in view of the importance of this subject.

Dont know all the details of how much money he has shown but..

My buddy has a half Thai kid.. The mother is gone.. he takes sole care..

He got a non imm O on the basis of supporting a Thai dependant child.

Hes under 50.. Child is his and says so on the birth certs..

Forgot to mention.. As per the above statement you cannot get a dependant visa for a non Thai child over the age of 20.. If you wish to bring a parent here to support them they have to be over 50..

Niether of these things (you having a FARANG dependant) is the same as you being given a visa for supporting your THAI child

I am exactly the same. But the only O visa I was able to get is single entry 3 month visa.

Such is life :o

But all it means is a trip outside Thailand for a couple of days every 3 months. Small price to pay even though I dont understand the reasoning

I am exactly the same. But the only O visa I was able to get is single entry 3 month visa.

Such is life :o

But all it means is a trip outside Thailand for a couple of days every 3 months. Small price to pay even though I dont understand the reasoning

Are you saying that you are the sole legal caretaker/guardian of a Thai child are you are having

to remove your child from school etc. every 3 months to go on visa runs with you? I don't see

how there would be any other option but to take the child with you. I sure would not leave mine here

with someone and go to another country...

Your child has certain rights and the folks at immigration are aware of those rights. You should talk

to them about getting that visa extended.

why would your thai child have to leave every 3 months with you? Have you no friends.

Before I got my retirement visa i always went on runs and trips and left my daughter with friends who had a child that went to the same school with her. No big deal. and please don't say I am a bad dad.... She had a great time being away from dad for a few days...:-)

I would rec. Singapore for the visa.

BUT their is no visa for staying with your thai child if your under 50. nor a support thai child anymore

BUT if your over 50 they will let you... strange country we choose to live in.

I am going to immigration here in Phuket and ask them about extending my 1 year extension I am now on ( retirement) and getting the one where because i am living with my thai child under 20 and see what they say.

Still have not heard from ANYONE that has gotten this outside of with assistence from Sunbelt in Bkk.

Instead of all of us trying to interpret what the law is it would be great if someone could ask at immigration in difernet parts fo the country and post what they are told

would end the confusion.

I am glad to report that I received today 20/12/2006 an email from the Royal Thai Consulate at Hull and that they are still "issuing Non-Immigrant category "O" Multiple Entry".

But I can not confirm anybody will (still) be given this visa...

At least they give a MULTI to "mere" parents of Thai nationals (THANKS) and, of course, to spouses of Thai nationals.

Please note: We are talking about a VISA. Not at all about any sort of status recognized by the Thai immigration authorities.

As things stand now, Papakapbaan, and many others for sure, will have to exit Thailand every 3 months AD VITAM.

And keep their fingers crossed that friendly consulates like Hull will keep providing them with Non-Immigrant Multiple Entry Visas AD VITAM.

(That is: if they want to stay in Thailand with their children)

Thank you for your message.

We still issue Non-Immigrant category "O" Multiple Entry visas. Please

provide us with copies of your birth/marriage documents and apply using

the attached form. Please read/print the attachments and revert if you

need further assistance.

Regards

Royal Thai Consulate

James Bell House

Connaught Road

Kingswood Business Park

HULL HU7 3AP

Tel: 01482 581668

Fax: 01482 330827

E-mail: enquiries AT thaiconsul-uk DOTCOM

Web: wwwDOTthaiconsul-uk DOTCOM

NOTE:

CHANGE OF ADDRESS

as of 01 January 2007

Please note that the Royal Thai Consulate will be operating from new

offices as from 01 January 2007.

The new address will be:

Royal Thai Consulate

Priory Court

Saxon Way

Priory Park West

Hessle

HULL HU13 9PB

Such is life :rolleyes:

You are not difficult.

They will like you in Thailand ;-0

Why bother about status and things like that?

DE FACTO is the keyword for young farang parents after 01/10/2006.

What you are looking to do (that is the alien supporting the Thai) is not covered in this section if at all.

Not covered anywhere in the new rules!

BTW: even support of Thai spouse was replaced by a requirement of minimum "total income for both parties" (couple).

Since 01/10/2006, they completely got rid of the notion of a Farang supporting a Thai national.

(Not in practice of course! But in the text of the regulations)

Edited by papakapbaan