Thais turn to 3D technology to help prevent road accidents

rooster59

Thais turn to 3D technology to help prevent road accidents

NjpUs24nCQKx5e1A7lreEbFy0HGNoZKah4OnEu0ecVA.jpg

Image: Thairath

The department of rural roads in Yasothorn in Thailand's north east is turning to 3D technology to help lessen road accidents at a notorious black spot.

The brightly colored road markings using special paint can be seen up to 100 meters away and are combined with "rumble strips" to slow cars down before a bend where there has been many accidents.

There are three 3D warnings spaced 50 meters apart on each side of the road leading up to the bend on the Yasothorn to Mukdaharn Road.

The department said that the markings will give drivers ample warning about the bend and not damage tires.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-04

Anything to avoid making police accountable for traffic enforcement.  Putting real cops on the road and having them do their jobs would be much much more effective.  Write tickets, take away licenses, impound cars and lock up repeat offenders.  Why is this so hard to comprehend for Thai?!?!?!?!?!?

Installing magnets in the middle of the lane that helps keep the drivers in their lane, 

as they negotiate the corner, 

just go back to basics and teach them how to drive properly , Period !

I'd be interested to see the stastics in a year from now just to see if road accidents at that particular spot have dropped, remained unchanged or risen (heavens forbid!).

1 hour ago, Smiley Face said:

Anything to avoid making police accountable for traffic enforcement.  Putting real cops on the road and having them do their jobs would be much much more effective.  Write tickets, take away licenses, impound cars and lock up repeat offenders.  Why is this so hard to comprehend for Thai?!?!?!?!?!?

Because Thai are buddhists and will shoot the policemen writing fines...

Brain transplants for some drivers might be a better choice,

any bend in the road ,is very dangerous here,always a chance

someone is coming around the corner on your side of the road.

regards worgeordie

In the UK it was announced a new law stating that if you're using your mobile phone in any capacity while driving, you'll be served with a 200 pound fine (let's say 10,000 baht) and be given 6 points. Once you get 12 points you get a year ban. 

This has been announced all over the uk with people sharing on social media, etc. People always sit up and listen. Who wants a big fine and to be half way towards a year ban? They haven't done the big song and dance campaign like here in Thailand because they don't need to. They informed the public, the public knows it's serious, and the public then inform each other as a kind of stick together and have each other's backs kind of thing. People know it's serious so they better stop or at least be more stealthy about it. End of the day, it really isn't worth the risk. 

Thaialnd has big campaigns for these things and absolutely nothing changes. People don't share this info. They won't even talk about it or give it a second's thought as they know it's all meaningless. Without real law enforcement it's all meaningless. Many people anywhere in the world will do as they please if they can. People can be naturally selfish. 

You simply can't rely on people to do the right thing. You have to make them. When will this sink in? 

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

Guaranteed, they will actually drive around the 3D markings on the road for fear of damaging their vehicles causing even more potential for accidents with traffic coming in the other direction.

I agree.This will probably cause more accidents.A quick look up from the mobile phone,a few screams from the unrestrained inhabitants of the back seat,a panicked reaction,a veer to the right to avoid the visually non-congruent obstacle and a head on collision.All in a couple of seconds or less.

Edited by Odysseus123
clarity

Unbelievable who thinks these things up. Tell me I have been living and driving here for near 11 years, I would be interested to know if anyone on this forum has ever witnessed a police vehicle stopping a vehicle for speeding or any offence. I certainly haven't !

15 minutes ago, johnnytuc said:

Unbelievable who thinks these things up. Tell me I have been living and driving here for near 11 years, I would be interested to know if anyone on this forum has ever witnessed a police vehicle stopping a vehicle for speeding or any offence. I certainly haven't !

I did, but it's the highway police on kanchana phisek ringroad...they stop drivers with extreme overloaded trucks. They won't do anything on the frontroad though.

4 hours ago, Smiley Face said:

Couldnt agree more.  Thais just ignore all the bright shiny things on roads like lights, stop signs, pedestrian crossings.  The only way to get a modicum of sanity on the roads is to whip them into it.  They have one of the largest police forces in the world but its much like having the biggest penis but being unable to get an erection... totally useless!