AIS Fibre down. Anyone else?

JaiMaai

My AIS Fibre is down.

Called 1185 and got a recorded message that playbox was down but my Internet is completely down.

Couldn't get through to actually speak to anyone.

Anyone else got an issue just now?

Finally managed to speak to someone at the call centre to report the fault. Now waiting for them to get back to me. (within 3 hours, they said) This is the first real test for AIS for me.

Been working great,. now it's time to see how good they are when things go wrong.

Just a problem local to your area I expect.   It's happened just a few times to me over the 8 months now I've been on AIS....but all outages were brief...maybe around 10 minutes....my longest one was around 2 hours in the 8pm to 10pm timeframe while a thunderstorm from hell was underway....that was a wide area outage.  All my outages have been wide area to the best of my knowledge...I've never had to have a technician come look at my line.  Fiber networks are just a lot simpler and have a lot less active electronics on lines to get zapped than xDSL and DOCSIS/cable copper lines.  And I've had really good luck in AIS always returning promised calls within their time estimate.  Your results may vary.

Does your internet still work on a computer?  Or is it just your Playbox not making a connection?

If it's just the Playbox is not making a connection, then unplug its power plug for around 10 seconds or just unplug the power adapter lead going into the Playbox for about 10 seconds.  Power it back up.  I need to do that every once in a while to get a connection....I have the Playbox connected via hard wire/ethernet to the router vs a Wifi connection as Wifi can be figgle sometimes.

Internet is totally down. No connection at all from any device; wired or wireless.

I don't even use the playbox. It was packed away in its box. If the new HBO services from AIS are too expensive then it will be going back in the box....

Sent from my SM-J200GU using Tapatalk

Archived