New regulations 'to ensure' free emergency treatment 

webfact

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

So free Emergency care has been available since 2012. Why has no one told the hospitals this?

I think the article is specifically focused on Thai emergency care, not European or US practices where its 'all in'.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The Public Health Ministry has again pledged to ensure that people will receive free emergency medical services whenever they need them. 

I'd be pleased if emergency services was even available and got me to a hospital still alive. For that I'd pay.

5 hours ago, bluedoc said:

That is not lack of due care

I get that feeling every time I use the crosswalk. Its like a raceway cars by day motorbikes by night. Policius Absenticus nowhere to be seen but in the bank shopping and the gold store. Well for me anyways.

1 hour ago, jippytum said:

There are four prices at private hospitals

1  Price for Foreigner

2 Price for Thai

3  price if you have insurance

4  price without insurance

Do they use the same yardstick as the National Parks. Sometimes I wonder. 

14 hours ago, leeneeds said:

Pay as you go here, enter the park its 400baht 

enter the hospital its mmmmm lots, 

farang , well we will double ,no triple no quadruple it, 

Korp khun krub! 

Quadruple???? Parks are 20 times (400 Bt next to 20 Bt.) more for foreigners now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by The Deerhunter

Well the opening posts example is about a thai woman who couldnt get an ambulance for her mother to a statly hospital ans then phoned a private hospital and got help - albeit very expensive. I belive that thai citizens should be entitled to free emergency care.

For us farangs on short or long stay in the kingdom it still is a very good idea to have an medical travel insurance with a good coverage....

Has noone thought? Why does the Farang have to pay a local tax as a visitor to compensate for a lack of social care in Thailand? If the tax covered the Farang aldo then maybe, but it would be at the risk of no travel insurance as I am in a country that provides free emergency medical care! Think again bro!!!!!
Overcharging the Farang makes Thailand less desirable. As a resident in Thailand for more than 4 years I see that many things like cars and foods that we like are 5 to 10 times the price at home. Is that not enough tax? Thailand has become an expensive, hot and sticky and dirty jungle without the green in most cities. The Farang will tire of the poor little me attitude of the Thai Gov and give Thailand the heave ho in favour of Cambodia, Vietnam and Lao eventually.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

On one occasion - I fell off the bike trying to avoid a cobra - free med and ambulance - nothing special just a few cuts and gravel rash.

One hernia op. paid for, op meds, 4 days in private room 10,000 Tbt ( quoted 125,000 Tbt UK walk in walk out same day) having had it I promise you won't be walking out.

Various fillings and dental work - latest repair to broken tooth  400 Tbt Private practice not local hospital

This is in Issan  Nakon Phanom, Sakon Phanom, That Phanom, BUT avoid the Privates especially in high tourist areas eg Koh Samui.

Although I do not understand why TAT whoever do not insist on comp medical Ins on entry 1000 Baht would cover it on a standard two week holiday as most of the accidents are drunk scooter riders..

well I'll be darned.  copying the United States health care.

everyone gets emergency care. 

then you pretend you have public health care even if it is way too unsustainable fiscally. 

we call it "Medicaid" and "Medicare". 2 programs. 

but, most important, politically untouchable, at least in the USA I can say for sure. not even Trump will go there.

Edited by maewang99