Two dead, three injured after car crashes into generator at Phuket underpass construction site

webfact

Two dead, three injured after car crashes into generator at Phuket underpass construction site

Eakkapop Thongtub

1488769545_1-org.jpg

Police believe the driver may have fallen asleep at the wheel. Photo: Eakkapop Tohongtub

PHUKET: -- Two people died and three people were injured yesterday morning when the car they were travelling in crashed into an electric generator at the construction site of the new underpass on Thepkrasattri Rd in Thalang.

Lt Kaisorn Boonprasop of the Thalang Police was informed of an accident opposite the turn-off to Phuket International Airport on Thepkrasattri Rd, Thalang at 5:45am yesterday morning (Mar 5).

Lt Kaisorn arrived at the scene to find a black Handa Civic crashed into an electric generator. Five people were in the vehicle when the accident occurred.

Two people were pronounced dead at the scene, they were named as Ms Pan Wannaro, 70, and Ms Jiriya Ratchato, 39.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/two-dead-three-injured-after-car-crashes-into-generator-at-phuket-underpass-construction-site-61263.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-03-06

10 hours ago, Pomthai said:

Sad, i wonder if seatbelts were worn. Damage to the car doesn't look so bad.

My thoughts exactly, Windscreen still intact.....No signs of head impact to the screen......how did two people die in that collision........I notice one deceased was an elderly Lady, so maybe only inertia caused serious injury.....regardless...R.I.P. and sadly just another statistic to add to the multitude.....

How is this possible? No damage at all to the interior? 

No seat belt. Car hits at 60 kph, passengers continue at 60 kph

Low speed is deadly. Try running if you could at that speed into wall head first.. All over.

Even running gut first would rip and lacerate internal organs

You can't put crash railing around every tree, lamppost, building or generator near the roads.

Drivers need to accept responsibility by not speeding, driving sober, alert and for ensuring their passengers wear seatbelts.