Spouses, boyfriends blamed for violence against women and children

snoop1130

Spouses, boyfriends blamed for violence against women and children

By The Nation

Violence against children and women was mostly committed by people they trusted, the National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB) said on Monday.

According to statistics on people seeking assistance at the One-Stop Crisis Centre of the Public Health Ministry, between 2007 and 2015 the total number of violence victims who were children and women was about 207,891, divided into 105,622 cases involving children and 102,269 cases where women were the victims. 

In 2016, the number of distressed children and women seeking assistance from the centre was 20,018, the NESDB said.

Full Story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30308099

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-3-6

No shit Sherlock !!! Boy these guys are really on the ball with this one, let's look at the Thai male mind shall we, insecure, jealous to an unbelievable degree, lazy drunk no good retards, then you have the relatives that are supposed to look after their families children, only to abuse them !!  

I know, I don't like my Mrs posting selfies on Facebook =  I'll set fire to her, Uncle left to look after kids = I know, I'll rape one 12 year old and stuff a couple of fingers up the 3 year old for good measure.

Disgusting perverts that need putting away/down.

Rant over.

34 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Violence against children and women was mostly committed by people they trusted

Puts all those ''stranger danger'' campaigns, from when I was a kid, into perspective

Edited by Bluespunk

According to statistics on people seeking assistance at the One-Stop Crisis Centre of the Public Health Ministry, between 2007 and 2015 the total number of violence victims who were children and women was about 207,891, divided into 105,622 cases involving children and 102,269 cases where women were the victims. 

And 0 men, got it.

Violence against women and especially children is unacceptable, wherever it happens, and this seems like a significant number.

I can't profess to know the numbers elsewhere in the world, but I can say I see many situations here of physical abuse, at levels I have not seen elsewhere, and I have worked and lived many places.

I also don't have the magic answer to the problem though the police treating domestic abuse more seriously, and the courts also, might be a damned good place to start.

21 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Violence against women and especially children is unacceptable, wherever it happens, and this seems like a significant number.

I can't profess to know the numbers elsewhere in the world, but I can say I see many situations here of physical abuse, at levels I have not seen elsewhere, and I have worked and lived many places.

I also don't have the magic answer to the problem though the police treating domestic abuse more seriously, and the courts also, might be a damned good place to start.

Agree but for me school would be better place to start.

18 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

No shit Sherlock !!! Boy these guys are really on the ball with this one, let's look at the Thai male mind shall we, insecure, jealous to an unbelievable degree, lazy drunk no good retards, then you have the relatives that are supposed to look after their families children, only to abuse them !!  

I know, I don't like my Mrs posting selfies on Facebook =  I'll set fire to her, Uncle left to look after kids = I know, I'll rape one 12 year old and stuff a couple of fingers up the 3 year old for good measure.

Disgusting perverts that need putting away/down.

Rant over.

Must be something in the air. 

17 hours ago, overherebc said:

Agree but for me school would be better place to start.

Now that you and I have this figured out lets release it to the world. Violence, garbage, pollution respect for others if there is time in an whatever hour school day is comprised of here. 

Not exactly news is it? 

Of course these attacks are mainly from close family, this is the case in all Countries. 

The chances of this happening from a stranger is actually very low. 

The only way to stop it is to prosecute and severely punish all offenders. Unfortunately that rarely happens.