KBank introduces new debit card application feature

KBank introduces new debit card application feature

By The Nation

ef1a3c6328f58f767529b76514fd259c.jpeg

Kasikornbank has rolled out a new feature on K-Mobile Banking Plus, allowing customers to apply for a debit card without visiting the bank. 

This year, the bank want a million more cards in circulation, which will increase the total number of KBank’s debit cards to 12 million, with aggregate spending of Bt71 billion for 33-per-cent growth. With that, KBank will retain its No 1 position in the debit-card market in terms of spending. 

To apply, customers need to open K-Mobile Banking Plus, choose the “services” button and then go to “register debit card”. They can then select from three card types, namely debit card, special debit card (with unique designs) and debit card with insurance – all chip-embedded – and follow the instructions until finished. 

Full Story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/corporate/30308238

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-3-7

5 hours ago, StefanBBK said:

Just tried this, as I wanted a new card with chip. DOES not work for us. "Applicant MUST be THAI citizen" message comes up. 

Similar to our joint account. Cannot get the ATM/Debit Card Visa Verified to use it on the internet. Too hard for our local Kbank.

6 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

Similar to our joint account. Cannot get the ATM/Debit Card Visa Verified to use it on the internet. Too hard for our local Kbank.

Whats wrong with using the "virtual card" available for internet shopping ?

38 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

This

This year, the bank want a million more cards in circulation, which will increase the total number of KBank’s debit cards to 12 million

12 Million x 350 Baht/year = .................

6 minutes ago, Allstars said:

This

This year, the bank want a million more cards in circulation, which will increase the total number of KBank’s debit cards to 12 million

12 Million x 350 Baht/year = .................

That doesnt answer "Greasyfingers" comment of being unable to get one, which is what I was replying to, and quoted.

7 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

The KBank virtual card works fine for everything I've ever tried online. Why do you need to get the debit card verified?

18 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Did not know there was one. It is not a great problem as I can use the debit card for my account and also have a Krungsri credit card but will make enquiries on the "virtual card"

Just now, GreasyFingers said:

Did not know there was one. It is not a great problem as I can use the debit card for my account and also have a Krungsri credit card but will make enquiries on the "virtual card"

Its available via online banking, just select to activate it, set a limit on it if you wish, then deactivate it after use so its totally secure and no one else can use it either.