Multiple entry visa NON Immigrant B with work permit expiring 4 days after new entry

Hello everyone,

I've quit my job in Thailand just before my work permit expires (on march 19th). But my visa multiple entries non B expires in June and I still want to stay in Thailand.

I will go to Kuala Lumpur to apply for a Tourist Visa in case they refuse to give me 3 more months from my visa B. I will cross the border (by plane) and come back to Phuket on March 14th (5days before my WP expires).

- Do you think I can still show my visa B at the border ?

- Is it ok if you have 2 visas in standby inside your passport ?

- Does usually immigration ask to show your WP by crossing the border (I still have with me)

Many thanks for your answers !

If you have a multiple entry non-b visa it remains valid when your job end or your work permit expires. You can use it for entry up to the enter before date on it.

Only extensions of stay end when the job or work permit ends.

There have been a few reports of immigration wanting to see a work permit on entry at a border crossing. By air it would not be a problem.

1. Yes. The visa remains valid and you can keep using it. If you make a final entry close to when it expires in June you'll get a final 90 days allowing you to stay until September.
  2. No, usually the consular staff will cancel any existing valid visas before issuing a new one. If an immigration officer sees two Visas they can cancel one of them.
  3. Usually they don't, but they can.