Phuket beach vendors file complaint about payments to access Laem Singh Beach

webfact

Phuket beach vendors file complaint about payments to access Laem Singh Beach

The Phuket News

1489040720_1-org.jpg

Beach vendors file their complaint at the Kamala Tambon Administration Organisation (OrBorTor). Photo: PR DEPT

PHUKET: -- A group of 50 beach vendors from Laem Singh Beach yesterday (Mar 8) paid a visit to the Kamala Tambon Administration Organisation (OrBorTor) to complain that a government agency had built a barrier closing the entrance to the beach.

The group, led by Ms Namrin Butta, presented a letter of complaint to Kathu District Chief Sayan Chaichanawong which also demanded government agencies check the land tittle deed No.6868 (Chanote) which they say is for public land but owned by a company.

Mr Namrin said, “Vendors and tourists must pay B100 to access Leam Singh Beach as the owners of the land which has access to the beach have placed barriers blocking the entrance before, but now a government agency has blocked the entrance with a barrier.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-beach-vendors-file-complaint-about-payments-to-access-laem-singh-beach-61320.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-03-09

3 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

So no complaints when the "land owner" was charging tourists !

Now the vendors are being charged they spit the dummy ?

Article 44 is called for here.... :)

Of course foreigners are easy prey, except Thais themselves, which is completely a different matter altogether. 

The locals are fun aren't they? They continuously climb over each other, to extort anything they think they can get away with.

I am not a fan of beach vendors, but I am even less of a fan of being ripped off, so I wish them luck. This being Thailand, they will probably need it.

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

So no complaints when the "land owner" was charging tourists !

Now the vendors are being charged they spit the dummy ?

Article 44 is called for here.... :)

No, that's not what it says. Tourists and vendors have previously been charged to access the beach, but now a government agency has closed off access to the beach completely while they investigate the land title deeds. This is what the vendors are upset about – the fact that the beach has been closed off by authorities.

50 vendors on that tiny beach ! They can go **** themselves! They left a gap at the south end and motorbikes are still parking inside. uk Ttuks are parking close to the barrier- continuing to make this a dangerous section of road.

Be careful passing the lookout towards Surin as well- the road is in a very bad state on the bend,

I am not trying to be funny, and I know it's probably a stupid question, but how come there are any vendors at all on that beach, for all this time - I mean before the recent relaxation.  They should not be there and the Or Bor Tor would be presumably be within their rights to tell them to go take a flying fxxx to themselves, no??

1 hour ago, stuarty said:

I am not trying to be funny, and I know it's probably a stupid question, but how come there are any vendors at all on that beach, for all this time - I mean before the recent relaxation.  They should not be there and the Or Bor Tor would be presumably be within their rights to tell them to go take a flying fxxx to themselves, no??

Who do you think was getting a cut? Do you need a hint? Someone has pst in someone's pocket hence the barriers.

6 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Who do you think was getting a cut? Do you need a hint? Someone has pst in someone's pocket hence the barriers.

Succinctly put and I get it, but then shouldn't the vendors be sweetalking to the OBT and not complaining? I still say the vendors by all accounts can go fxx themselves, surely.

Paradise beach was same 100Baht but now, hey hows that panning out, last time I seen the Navy ordered them to pull all the structures down by May 2016... lol not heard nowt really since, they still doing the full moon and fireworks shows, from 500Baht a pop, ahh perfect beaches!