Most Thais not understand 'Thailand 4.0': survey

snoop1130

Most Thais not understand 'Thailand 4.0': survey

By The Nation

290a1929b34260d02aa9d7dd6b51fe01.jpeg

Only 35.50 per cent of the Thai people saying that they have knowledge and understand the government’s ‘Thailand 4.0’ initiative, according to Dhurakij Pundit Poll.

The poll was conducted recently to 1,033 people in its sample size.

Only 4.84 per cent of the respondents said that they have high knowledge and understanding about the ‘Thailand 4.0’ issue. 

Full Story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30308460

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-3-9

On another thread the minister said it had to do with a website and 20.000 shops on it....Kind of Alibaba or made-in-china.com i think.

But will that website be in english as well?  If you email one of those vendors in China you'll get reply within an hour...vely good.

I never got reply when i emailed a thai company.

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Only 4.84 per cent of the respondents said that they have high knowledge and understanding about the ‘Thailand 4.0’ issue.

A super big website to sell Thai made stuff.  20,000 resellers all on one site.  Sure there is more, there always is, but that is all that was made understandable.

No one in this country, including Prayut et al, understand Thailand 4.0.   The reason being that it really does not mean anything.  It is just a buzz word created to make people think the junta are actually doing something.

On top of which the junta are actually hostile to anything digital.   Maybe they really ment Thailand 0.4.

Most Thai do not understand  Thailand 4.0 :whistling:Pffff Why they do not asked ThaiVisa?

Many members know  everything about everything about Thailand its people its laws its psychology everything  we tell you!

Only the language not :saai:

Maybe they should add this to the twelve core values and get all school children to recite it each day?

I suspect someone's child/nephew came up with this idea, and then it became mantra.

It will probably be forgotten, or replaced, in a  few months.

How do the principles of the sufficiency economy fit in to Thailand 4.0? Only take two selfies per day?

Edited by mtls2005

I just watched the Thai 4.0 advert on CNBC. Lots of robot machinery, super futuristic assembly lines and infrastructure images, Thai people dressed in white coats looking very intelligent.....I can't remember the buzz words used but you can imagine.

10 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

Most Thai do not understand  Thailand 4.0 :whistling:Pffff Why they do not asked ThaiVisa?

Many members know  everything about everything about Thailand its people its laws its psychology everything  we tell you!

Only the language not :saai:

Would you be so kind as to explain Thailand 4.0 to me. I really and honestly do not understand it.

Having scanned through it ... gooble-de-gook to me. maybe it means Thailand will become a self actualizing country. I definitely suspect that 35% figure. I think there are two decimal places missing ... both to the left.

They love their infographics and powerpoints.

But I'm not sure I've seen one concrete plan, step or activity that would lead to a "creative, innovative or smart" Thailand.

This looks very "gimmicky" with little more supporting it than a few vague talking points. Why am I reminded of the "principles of the sufficiency economy"? Another "concept" which people struggle to define, and pretty much know one udnerstands.

49 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

They love their infographics and powerpoints.

But I'm not sure I've seen one concrete plan, step or activity that would lead to a "creative, innovative or smart" Thailand.

This looks very "gimmicky" with little more supporting it than a few vague talking points. Why am I reminded of the "principles of the sufficiency economy"? Another "concept" which people struggle to define, and pretty much know one udnerstands.

There is an astrologer/soothsayer/fortune teller in the Ministry for Silly Walks who knows all about this.Please apply to him for any further details-if cannot be found the local village wise women may be able to assist you or,at least,give you a sure fire winning lottery number.

Best of luck..:partytime2:

Edited by Odysseus123
clarity.