Pattaya trader makes citizen's arrest after Russian steals a watch

webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, uchibenkei said:

So he got caught stealing a fake watch valued at 1200 baht.  What a loser.  

chinese made , you can buy them in the 'local' building (knock off shopping mall) in shenzhen for $9.00 USD if you buy 6 or more . any way both party's are tardarino's .

9 minutes ago, mikiea said:

chinese made , you can buy them in the 'local' building (knock off shopping mall) in shenzhen for $9.00 USD if you buy 6 or more . any way both party's are tardarino's .

Except it wasn't a copy it was a Naviforce watch.

Naviforce.jpg

1 hour ago, mrboatbkk said:

I am so disappointed to have read comments given here relating to this case of a Russian man stealing watch from a Thai watch vendor.  Instead of making comments relating to what had happened obviously people are making ironic comments.  There are good and bad people everywhere in every country and in every race regardless of being white, black or yellow. 

Just travel once to Russia and you will understand how wrong you are.

7 hours ago, berybert said:

'At Pattaya police station Korolkov denied theft saying he did not intend to hold onto the watch and just wanted to have a look at it'.

Makes sense to me just return it the next day or when  your done looking. 

40 minutes ago, ThaidaGwaii said:

Takes a russian to steal a watch...  Who the heck still wear them things anyway?

Yeah I know what you mean I put all my Rolexes, gold bracelets in the drawer I could not stand anything on my wrists. Guess my aging skin was protesting. 

21 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Maybe you should actually read what's being said instead of going off half cocked. Or is that all you have, a half?

I read enough.  A Russian stole a cheap pos watch.  I'm not into cheap watches.   You seem to be an expert.  Congratulations.  Maybe you should get a life.  Why are you so interested in my cock?

4 minutes ago, uchibenkei said:

I read enough.  A Russian stole a cheap pos watch.  I'm not into cheap watches.   You seem to be an expert.  Congratulations.  Maybe you should get a life.  Why are you so interested in my cock?

Not an expert, but have enough brains to do a bit of research. If you are going to comment at least know what you're talking about instead of following all the other sheep who kept calling it a Navitimer.

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

For crying out loud, how many time have I got to say it. It wasn't a fake watch! A Naviforce is totally different to a Navitimer.

I hear you giddyup, and I was mistaken in my earlier post.....Apologies for that,  but I think you may need to post another few hundred times for some members to get the message..............:sorry:

12 hours ago, MeHere said:

It says Naviforce... But the name made me do a doubletake...

It just baffles me that someone would risk the fallout over thb1200 <deleted>

You can buy a Naviforce watch in America for as little as 450B on eBay.

Sorry.  Who needs a watch anymore?  I carry my phone everywhere.  The time is updated from the internet which means it's always correct, regardless of time zone, within one second accuracy.

Wearing a watch is nothing more than a fashion statement. ?

13 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

I am in no way condoning the actions of the high quality Russian specimen, sorry, tourist but A Breitling Navitimer sells for in excess of 5,000 dollars..........Obviously a fake in this shop at 1500 baht..........is that not illegal here to sell counterfeit goods........or does 10% of that price go the local police orphans fund.....:whistling:

No 20  %

14 hours ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Just visiting Pattaya now and there are a few (many) Russians in town. Walking yesterday and one of them spat on the street barely missing my foot and then belched out loud. No wonder their FIFA world cup is under threat, as people are seriously thinking of staying away. Not exactly the warmest of folks.

Still haven't seen one crack a smile!

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:46 AM, AhFarangJa said:

I am in no way condoning the actions of the high quality Russian specimen, sorry, tourist but A Breitling Navitimer sells for in excess of 5,000 dollars..........Obviously a fake in this shop at 1500 baht..........is that not illegal here to sell counterfeit goods........or does 10% of that price go the local police orphans fund.....:whistling:

The "trader" was lucky because this week the police are only interested in Happy Zones and Walking Street entertainment. Confiscating fake goods is scheduled for the week starting 3rd April 2017

19 minutes ago, hobobo said:

The "trader" was lucky because this week the police are only interested in Happy Zones and Walking Street entertainment. Confiscating fake goods is scheduled for the week starting 3rd April 2017

It wasn't a bloody fake, how many times does it have to be said?

On March 10, 2560 BE at 8:46 AM, AhFarangJa said:

Not like us high quality British specimens eh. 

When we steal we steal toiletries and chocolates from 7/11. 

I hate to admit it but the Russians cause way less trouble than us generally in Pattaya.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your racism.

Or even the price of the watch. Or the fact that why would anyone copy a Naviforce anyway.

14 minutes ago, Philthyphil said:

Not like us high quality British specimens eh. 

When we steal we steal toiletries and chocolates from 7/11. 

I hate to admit it but the Russians cause way less trouble than us generally in Pattaya.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your racism.

Or even the price of the watch. Or the fact that why would anyone copy a Naviforce anyway.

I give up!

1 minute ago, Destiny1990 said:

That UK lady got 15 months for stealing a tube of toothpaste from the 7/11 and since that watch is much more expensive what sentence will the Russian get?

Theft is theft.

9 minutes ago, giddyup said:

No, it wasn't, read the posts.

No need to say it twice.

Anyway I tried to read all the way through but some of the posts were getting so serious I thought I would try to inject some humour.

Most expats out here have lost that sense of humour because they take themselves too seriously anyway.