Monk's 'exceptional general' title stripped

webfact

Monk's 'exceptional general' title stripped
By The Nation

0ba558002b751d55e3c19128a8e4816a.jpeg

Phra Thatthacheevo

BANGKOK: -- THE STRIPPING of a royally bestowed ecclesiastic title from deputy abbot Phra Rachapaowan-ajarn (Thatthacheevo) earlier this week – just days after the ecclesiastic title was stripped from former abbot Phra Dhammachayo – has dealt a serious blow to the Pathum Thani-based Dhammakaya Temple.

Phra Thatthacheevo was suspected of being involved in providing shelter for fugitives and using temple funds in the stock market. He also failed many times to report himself to authorities as ordered. Phra Dhammachayo, who is now a fugitive, faces a number of criminal charges, including money laundering and conspiracy to launder money. 

Both Phra Thatthacheevo and Phra Dhammachavo were said to be “exceptional generals” of late nun and “Dhammakaya” meditation master Chandra Khonnokyoong. 

Whilst Phra Dhammachayo kept a low profile, Phra Thatthacheevo took the helm of the temple domain. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30308479

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-10

Those " generals " have been allowed to fester in their self appointed lofty

positions way too long, to the point where they' have convinced themselves

to be demi gods like and invincible,  in my opinion, the whole leadership

should be defrocked if the show misalliance to the rule of the land and aiding

and abiding fugitives....

Thai monks as 'exceptional generals'? Now I've heard it all.

Even the religion of peace is not sacred from Thai perversion. Monks are named military 'generals'. How sick and pathetic. The distortions in this 'culture' know no end ...

Edited by Eligius

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Exceptional generals   :cheesy: what a lot of hog wash.

Allow me to explain. Ecclesiastical ranks are part of the establishment's mechanism for social control in as much as the monkhood is that part of the establishment whose role is to keep the rabble in moral harness and prevent anarchy and (currently more relevant) revolution.

These monks weren't complying with the establishment, hence have been stripped of the title. The alleged charges are trumped-up.

If you think the general population is better off without religion altogether, then of course you will consider some of these ranks and titles hogwash, and presumably the whole setup. If you're like me, a complete atheist, who still thinks  the masses should have religion - yes, for the purposes of social control and cohesion, which is religion's anthropological basis, then you will agree the system is necessary (only not manipulated by an unelected military authority which can exercise unfettered control in engineering society to its own advantage).

Edited by ddavidovsky

Just now, ddavidovsky said:

Allow me to explain. Ecclesiastical ranks are part of the establishment's mechanism for social control in as

umuch as the monkhood is that part of the establishment whose role is to keep the rabble in moral harness and prevent anarchy and (currently more relevant) revolution.

These monks weren't complying with the establishment, hence have been stripped of the title. The alleged charges are trumped-up.

If you think the general population is better off without religion altogether, then of course you will consider some of these ranks and titles hogwash, and presumably the whole setup. If you're like me, a complete atheist, who still thinks  the masses should have religion - yes, for the purposes of social control and cohesion, which is religion's anthropological basis then you will agree the system is necessary (only not exercised by an unelected military authority which can exercise unfettered control in engineering society to its own advantage).

Please keep your hog wash to yourself ok.

5 hours ago, Eligius said:

Thai monks as 'exceptional generals'? Now I've heard it all.

Even the religion of peace is not sacred from Thai perversion. Monks are named military 'generals'. How sick and pathetic. The distortions in this 'culture' know no end ...

Give him the French Foreign Legion exit. Strip off his robes in public (fig leaf optional) and get a pair of white gloves and give him the old one two across the face.