Germany child murder: Police find second body after arrest

webfact

Germany child murder: Police find second body after arrest

HERNE: -- German police have arrested a teenager suspected of killing his nine-year-old neighbour, after a nationwide manhunt.

Police began searching for Marcel Hesse after the dead boy was found in his cellar on Monday night. They said he posted images of the body online.

The teenager, 19, was arrested in the western city of Herne on Thursday after identifying himself at a restaurant, German media report.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39227070

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2017-03-10

Such madness and tragedy. Zuckerberg can never repay the cost of the lunacy he has unleashed with the dreadful Facebook and twitters. Every nutcase now looking for 15 minutes in the grossest manner.

2 hours ago, Prbkk said:

Such madness and tragedy. Zuckerberg can never repay the cost of the lunacy he has unleashed with the dreadful Facebook and twitters. Every nutcase now looking for 15 minutes in the grossest manner.

Seriously?

This is Facebooks fault and responsibility?

Just like Ozzy or Judas Priest killed their fans with satanic messages?

Just like Marilyn Manson and Grand Theft Auto made 2 knuckleheads shoot up Columbine?

"Get off my lawn!"

:coffee1:

Facebook is a curse and a blessing, or so they say.  However I don't think you can blame it as it's just a platform.  It's the people who use it that are to blame.  It is the "Look at ME!"  choice for many and for all of those who use it positively there are inevitably those nutcases that will jump on the bandwagon too.

5 hours ago, DM07 said:

Seriously?

This is Facebooks fault and responsibility?

Just like Ozzy or Judas Priest killed their fans with satanic messages?

Just like Marilyn Manson and Grand Theft Auto made 2 knuckleheads shoot up Columbine?

"Get off my lawn!"

:coffee1:

Zuckerberg will not accept the fact that Faceberg has a huge impact on young people: it gives them a platform for their 15 minutes of fame ( generally infamy and notoriety but it's the platform of choice for nutters...). How many incidents of this nature have ended up on Facebook? Dozens. I don't say FB is responsible completely and that the murders wouldn't have happened without it ( but I have nagging doubts). Moreover FB is the single biggest platform for cyber bullying ( and the deaths by suicide of dozens of young people). FB needs to face up to this and deal with it rather than deny it's an issue.

I never heard of Judas Priest or Marilyn Manson. Charles Manson, yes...still in jail , since 1969 fortunately.

Just like smart phones, Facebook is no different from what was once referred to as 'the evil eye in the corner' that 'killed the art of conversation' back in the 20th Century - the TV.

And that was a load of reactionary nonsense as well, as if an AK47 can point itself and shoot people without someone pulling the trigger!

I used the TV to educate myself, and I say that despite having a university education.

"Facebook this, Facebook that..."

Out of touch

Doesn't begin to address the problem

Fails to recognise the wider picture (the real one)

Lazy

4 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

Zuckerberg will not accept the fact that Faceberg has a huge impact on young people: it gives them a platform for their 15 minutes of fame ( generally infamy and notoriety but it's the platform of choice for nutters...). How many incidents of this nature have ended up on Facebook? Dozens. I don't say FB is responsible completely and that the murders wouldn't have happened without it ( but I have nagging doubts). Moreover FB is the single biggest platform for cyber bullying ( and the deaths by suicide of dozens of young people). FB needs to face up to this and deal with it rather than deny it's an issue.

I never heard of Judas Priest or Marilyn Manson. Charles Manson, yes...still in jail , since 1969 fortunately.

Totally understand your point of view.  The internet is full of hate sites and others where all the extremes are catered for.  But the can has been opened now for media sites and you can never put them back in and close the lid.  May as well shout at Google or the other search engines for giving people the links to all the undesirable sites out there.  You can police the internet but if you try to suppress freedom of speech then you are on a very slippery slope and media sites like Facebook and Twitter are the chosen platforms for that freedom of speech.