Retirement visa extension-funds

Dear everyone,

i would like some opinions on my visa extension. I currently hold non immigran AO visa which will valid until 13/04/2017 and I would like to extend for another year. My situation was that I tranfered money from my home country to Tha bank account on 03/01/2017 but the transfered process took a month that I finally have the actual money in my thai account on 04/02/2017. It is said that you need to have funds in your Thai bank account 3 months prior your expiration. I only have money in my account for 2.5 months.

what options do i have?

what else should i do if i get rejected? Apply for another type of visa?

Very worried about this now as I know it's my fault not to put money in the bank earlier.

thank you very much for your suggestions.

I'm sure that far more knowledgeable members than myself will also reply, but, to my mind, if you do have an Non O-A visa (which is what I assume you mean), then you could depart Thailand and return on or before 13th April 2017 and this would give you one more year of entry in to Thailand, then 30 odd days before that entry expires apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement.

Alternatively, as far as I know, the money for the first extension only needs to be seasoned in the bank for 2 months prior to the application for extension, the 3 months applies for subsequent extensions.

If you have a OA visa issued by an embassy or consulate and the enter before date on it is April 13 you can leave the country on or before that date and get a new one year entry. No need to do an extension until the permit to stay from that entry ends next year.

If this was your first extension of stay the money would only need to be in bank for 60 days when you apply for it.

If you have a valid Non-immigrant 'O-A' Visa then follow the advice above.

I suspect that you might already have an extension of stay (sometimes wrongly called a visa). If you are trying to renew an existing extension of stay for another year you will need to have the money in your bank for 3 months prior to the date you apply.

If you're not going to have the money in your bank for 3 months you will need to leave the country in April and get a new visa. Non-immigrant 'O' visas are easily  available from embassies/consulates in countries neighbouring Thailand. If you want a new Non-immigrant 'O-A' Visa you need to apply in your home country.

A new Non-immigrant 'O' Visa/entry is all you need to start the process again. You'll  be granted permission to stay for 90 days on entry and can apply for a 1 year extension of stay within the last 30 (maybe 45) days. By then the money would have been in your bank for more than enough time.