Pattaya police are upright and wonderful, or are they?

webfact

Pattaya police are upright and wonderful, or are they?

5pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

PATTAYA: -- Cheeky cops who doctored a certificate used to praise members of the force are being spoken to by the chief of Pattaya police station.

The citation on the certificate that had been added to by the officers was used as the real thing in a ceremony and reached netizens who had a field day poking fun at the force.

To a line in a citation about the wonderful nature of the police had been added an addendum that suggested all might not be as rosy as it appears.

Pattaya chief Apichai Kroppetch was forced to face the media yesterday about how the certificate was changed then incorrectly used as the real thing.

He admitted that it was ultimately his responsibility that documents emanating from his office were correct but he said he had failed to check this one assuming that it was right.

He said that five officers had doctored the computer file a couple of weeks ago as a joke and their adjustment to the citation had not been changed back to what it should have said.

He said he shall have a word with those concerned who have caused a bit of embarrassment to the force, reported sanook.com.

The joking certificate - signed unknowingly by a senior member of the force - suggested that the person praised in the citation should not be taken as a role model".

The file should have been deleted but was not.

Yesterday the chief was pictured with the certificate as he explained the situation.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-10

"The joking certificate - signed unknowingly by a senior member of the force - suggested that the person praised in the citation should not be taken as a role model".

Probably more truth in this than anything else emanating from Pattaya Police station!!

There's more truth in the 'joking' version. It should be awarded to most of the brown clowns, not only in Pattaya, but across the country. The person giving the award should be dressed in a clown suit - that completes the ceremony.

Posts removed

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

9 hours ago, Ulic said:

It appears that someone with a sense of humour is going to catch it. :whistling:

If only all Pattaya bar owners could see the joke!  'A role model for Mafia; for extortionists; for lazy <deleted>; for bandits.'  Feel free to add to the list.

They are simply the best in the world. They not care so much about crime, so the criminals can get away with much more than in another country.
Not enforcing traffic rules, so everybody is free to drive like a maniac.
The list could go on for ever, but just have to eat breakfast.

I got a ticket one day, I tried to bargain. The friend with me was laughing. The cop told me to pay 600 bahts at the police station. So I went to the police station and I said to the cop inside the boot I have to pay 400 bahts fine. So my friend surprised told me "ah you decide how much you want pay"? I replied that I know the price of a ticket and it s certainly not 600, more around 400 and the cop tried to make 200 bahts extra.