French Restaurants Pattaya List, Where did you eat, which one is the cheapest ? (but still good)

BsBs

Hello,

Many French restaurants at Pattaya:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g293919-c20-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Can you tell me which one you tried ? I do not look for a romantic or luxury place, I just want French food and do not which to pay for decoration, so if one is cheaper but not impressively decorated, it would be my first choice.

Thank you for your feedback.

I used to use Hippopotamus @Central Pattaya Beach quite a lot until thet changed the menu overnight leaving the most popular dishes out. 

It seems that they changed back to the old more favorable menu.

Hippopotamus is a French restaurant chain with branches Worldwide.

30 minutes ago, joepattaya1961 said:

I used to use Hippopotamus @Central Pattaya Beach quite a lot until thet changed the menu overnight leaving the most popular dishes out. 

It seems that they changed back to the old more favorable menu.

Hippopotamus is a French restaurant chain with branches Worldwide.

Thank you but far to be a typical French restaurant.

My favourite is Momento Beach on Thepprasit Soi 8, but it's a lovely romantic spot once the sun goes down and it's not cheap either so it may not suit the OP.  As with everything, you get what you pay for:

There are a few restaurants close to Tukcom on that claim to be French. La Petite Planete Restaurant, Bordeaux, La Cuisine au Beurre and perhaps another whoe name escapes me. Some inexpensive. I'm not French, so make no claims. We ate at La Petite Planete Restaurant. It was not at all unpleasant. Would eat there again.

The OP might try Osmos near the Soi Bua Khao market, lower end of the price scale, open air, been there twice but not recently. Momento is OK, nice setting by the pool, large portions, moderately priced but the staff not overly friendly. Nathan's in Jomtien, open air, good food and not that expensive. I've also had two nice meals at the French Garden, open air, and less expensive than Casa Pascal and Cafe des Amis. 

You might as well give up to find a cheap French restaurant in Pattaya  Try Phnom Penh in Cambodia where you can get decent French food anywere for a few dollars. 

But here they just want to charge you as much a possible for simple French food,  

9 hours ago, balo said:

You might as well give up to find a cheap French restaurant in Pattaya  Try Phnom Penh in Cambodia where you can get decent French food anywere for a few dollars. 

But here they just want to charge you as much a possible for simple French food,  

So your suggestion to the OP is a trip to Phnom Penh..... now that would be an expensive meal. As mentioned, I found Osmos to be relatively inexpensive. 

5 hours ago, ThaiBob said:

So your suggestion to the OP is a trip to Phnom Penh..

No my suggestion is that French owners of restaurants in Pattaya try to lower their prices a bit. It's possible to sell simple French dishes for 150- 200 baht instead of 3-400 baht. It will attract more customers and they will make a profit. 

We have several Italian places in town that already offer reasonable priced food so why not French ?

1 hour ago, balo said:

No my suggestion is that French owners of restaurants in Pattaya try to lower their prices a bit. It's possible to sell simple French dishes for 150- 200 baht instead of 3-400 baht. It will attract more customers and they will make a profit. 

We have several Italian places in town that already offer reasonable priced food so why not French ?

Maybe this French food is not so famous after all. People only know and like Italian food.

20 hours ago, balo said:

The restaurant that I mentioned eating at earlier offers a three course menu(prix fixe) for the price you mention. 320 baht if I remember correctly. Girlfriend enjoyed every course. More than one French restaurant offers a Prix Fixe at that price point. 

La Grillade on Walking Street being another example. It's normal in France and I'll guess that a few will do it here.

39 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Anyone tried this place?

I'm more interested in the Paella there than the French food though.

How are the prices?

Very limited info online.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d7706477-Reviews-La_Plancha-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Poor him, so bad reviews, is it the only place where to eat Paella ?

5 minutes ago, BsBs said:

Poor him, so bad reviews, is it the only place where to eat Paella ?

The reviews are limited but people that actually ate there seem to like the food. The negative stuff seems to be about rude behavior when you look at the menu and don't order. Maybe that makes it more authentic?

Archived